Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flytrumpet767

bargain
Simaddon after Christmas sale

17 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow, this is a big change for these guys! I'd never been remotely tempted by these based on their bizarre and seemingly inflated pricing structure, but at this reduced price it may be worth a look. Are these sceneries any good? The quality looks pretty low in the screenshots on the website, to be honest, but that can sometimes be misleading (e.g. UK2000 pictures).

James

The quality is good for me. It's definitely a huge step up from default for sure. And many airports are covered.

"The quality is good for me. It's definitely a huge step up from default for sure. And many airports are covered" +1. I think the package contains about 20 or so airports in total across Canada.  It's not FlyTampa, but at 50% off it's a good buy

Apparently only 50% off if you buy all 3? I already have the west. But from what I can tell, I can't get 50% off on just the other two.

Apparently only 50% off if you buy all 3? I already have the west. But from what I can tell, I can't get 50% off on just the other two.

Contact Ralph. let him know what you already own. He's pretty good about cutting deals.

I own them and they are pretty good in my opinion

Contact Ralph. let him know what you already own. He's pretty good about cutting deals.

Ralph is definitely a great guy to deal with. I guess one thing to mention is that he's alone building those sceneries. And he's also in Switzerland.

I've been using Ralph's sceneries for years. They're nicely done. Very happy with them. Never had an OOM with them. Great guy to deal with.

Dave

HI Everyone,

How well does the Simaddon airports P3D version work with FS Genesis Mesh, ORBX regions, global and vector software in a P3D vs. 3.xx simulator (generally speaking)?

On the west coast I have all the ORBX regions and most of the airports. In the east, although there are no ORBX regions ORBX Global, vector and Landclass are all installed.

Can anyone here address these questions?

Kind regards,

HI Everyone,

How well does the Simaddon airports P3D version work with FS Genesis Mesh, ORBX regions, global and vector software in a P3D vs. 3.xx simulator (generally speaking)?

On the west coast I have all the ORBX regions and most of the airports. In the east, although there are no ORBX regions ORBX Global, vector and Landclass are all installed.

Can anyone here address these questions?

Kind regards,

No issues that I've noticed and I run all of what you are listing here.  I would say just make sure to run the AEC tool for FTX Vector after activating the airports and you should be good to go.

...Great guy to deal with.

Dave

The longer I am in this hobby the more this means to me. :smile: 

No issues that I've noticed and I run all of what you are listing here.  

Thank you sir. :hi: 

Kindest regards,

In the scenery library place the simaddons sceneries above all ORBX. You probably know this.......

Dave

The P3D version of the Halifax scenery is an absolute flashing mess, and in the year since I've had it, it does not appear that Ralph has done/is doing anything to fix it. 

Caveat emptor.

Regards

The P3D version of the Halifax scenery is an absolute flashing mess, and in the year since I've had it, it does not appear that Ralph has done/is doing anything to fix it. 

I have no issues with it at all under P3D 3.4.

Peter

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0