Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

Beta 6 is out

Can you try this  modified vertical stabilizer airfoil? You must put that inside the "airfoil" subfolder of the "Cessna 172SP" folder (NOT inside the "airfoil" folder in the main X-Plane folder).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5fyJwRhjar5OHJJQVdESi1HeWs

With that, the left turning tendency during taxi and take off roll should be reduced. Also, I can takeoff, land and taxi with 25kts direct crosswind (although the tires screech a lot).

Well done works great  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

That's awesome. Almost no opposite rudder required for taxi but the takeoff torque still feels right. Great job.

Unrelated, but another issue I had with B6 is that I lost my mouse look. It works in exterior views but not in the cockpit. Anyone know where in the control options I can reassign it?

• Upvote 1

That's awesome. Almost no opposite rudder required for taxi but the takeoff torque still feels right. Great job.

Unrelated, but another issue I had with B6 is that I lost my mouse look. It works in exterior views but not in the cockpit. Anyone know where in the control options I can reassign it?

remove head shake plugin or disable it to get back your mouse look.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Can you try this  modified vertical stabilizer airfoil? You must put that inside the "airfoil" subfolder of the "Cessna 172SP" folder (NOT inside the "airfoil" folder in the main X-Plane folder).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5fyJwRhjar5OHJJQVdESi1HeWs

With that, the left turning tendency during taxi and take off roll should be reduced. Also, I can takeoff, land and taxi with 25kts direct crosswind (although the tires screech a lot).

So is the problem with the plane itself, or is this just a work-around for a larger problem in X-Plane?

So is the problem with the plane itself, or is this just a work-around for a larger problem in X-Plane?

Unknown.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Brilliant!

That helps alot with the Taxi, thanks!!

However soon as I get airborne the aircraft just wants to bank left?  if I correct the plane to straight and level and leave hands off it once again starts its left bank until right over....so frustrating!

Cheers

Hey Bonchie there is a known issue with the Headshake plugin and B6. Try disabling it until an update arrives (if there isn't one already on the Simcoders site.

Brilliant!

That helps alot with the Taxi, thanks!!

However soon as I get airborne the aircraft just wants to bank left?  if I correct the plane to straight and level and leave hands off it once again starts its left bank until right over....so frustrating!

Cheers

What it should do, if we're still talking single engine here.....

Right rudder on takeoff roll, continued right rudder on initial climbout. There shouldn't be the need or "feel" to correct with right aileron.  Any sensation of torque "roll" to the left,  should have diminished at takeoff.  As airspeed increases, the need for right rudder decreases.  If........... right rudder is not used on as the plane leaves the ground, then yaw coupling will start to roll the plane. But in real life, if enough right rudder isn't used, the plane will certainly be wanting to chop down runway lights, on the left side.  I don't have XP-11.

edit: PS --- in the past, I posted numerous photos of my real life airplane during initial climbout & full power climb. Ailerons are neutral, as can be seen in photo's. This particular aircraft on the ground roll, needed lots of right rudder (Vans RV6A). I called it a torque monster on touch & goes, or go-arounds, where left roll torque was really felt. Right aileron was fine while on the ground, when applying full power on a touch & go (as the left wheel pushed into the pavement) , but it needs to be some good right rudder force going airborne (not aileron).

Roll to the left would be Torque ? prop wash will happen at  high alpha high rpm low airspeed  hope i am right :)

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Roll to the left would be Torque ? prop wash will happen at  high alpha high rpm low airspeed  hope i am right :)

P-factor, slipstream = yaw

torque = roll

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

torque = roll

Yeah thanks. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Unknown.

How have you edited the airfoil Murmur - I am curious :-)

If you turned it into an asymmetric fin/ rudder ( à-lá Bf 109 ) , then it's not the one used in a real C172, and if you canted it, again, the default hasn't got it...

Sooooo I am really curious to know, and I ask because I don't want to install XP11 again before anything really worth the try justifies it .... I'm to lazy these days regarding installing / uninstalling sims :-)

torque = roll

And Gyroscopic Precession can translate into yaw or pitch too.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm to lazy these days regarding installing / uninstalling sims :-)

Cannot believe my eyes...another youth myth collapsed.

• Upvote 1

Cannot believe my eyes...another youth myth collapsed.

It's the age!  I could be a grandfather already :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

And Gyroscopic Precession can translate into yaw or pitch too.

I believe it translates into yaw 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI