Sign in to follow this  
groentesoep

Flight Sim Labs A320 released for P3D

Guest Mik75

Just curious but I thought I read before release that they were waiting for P3Dv3.4 HF2 and now I read about people running this in earlier versions of P3D.

That of course is great, I'm just a bit surprised.

Thats´what I´ve read and thought as well.

But I am really happy that it works without any flaws in 3.3.5!

Thats´what I´ve read and thought as well.

But I am relly happy that it works without any flaws in 3.35!

Yep, would have been extremely stupid if they limited themselves to 3.4 users only looking at the number of people who left that version for earlier versions for good reasons.

Richard Åsberg

Why is this better than Aerosoft Airbus ?

Too many to list but I will start with much more accurate Flightdynamics, the best ground modeling I have seen in a MSFS add on, superior lighting, weather radar that is more accurate, the one in the AS is a pre ASN cloud finder

The AS 320 is a decent product for what it is.... a medium level sim, but if you want as close as your going to get to a real a320 study level sim then you want the FSL a320

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Yes, it's amazing. I've flown it in FSX for the last few weeks. A really good simulation; put a Voltmeter across the batteries and start up the APU and watch the drop, listen as the packs adjust pitch when you switch over from External power to APU, marvel at the multi-colored MCDU, etc, etc. But, please, £140 quid? 

And I'll sum it up in one; you know what? it's boring, and, it's really very expensive for what it is - essentially eye-candy with a ton of stuff under the hood for geeks. I like flying - and this isn't it.

Give me the yokes of a 737 any day; the white knuckle ride as you dive down from FL350 to altitude 3000' (pausing only to slam the speedbrakes on to get down to 250 KIAS at FL100) for the ILS you're not sure you've tuned yet. 

Try doing that in this bird and see how far you get.

Don't get me wrong, it's good, it's very good. I just don't feel I'm flying when I'm in it. I feel like I'm just operating a computer - following a dictated process I have little or no say in. I feel confined and well, bored.

That's not worth any money in my book.

Clear skies.

I would love to know what percentage of owners of P3D use it for "entertainment" vs. serious training.  I would guess its 80/20 given that this rule tends to apply to most things.  Maybe I should by some shares of LM and ask the question at the next shareholders meeting.

Yes St. John's is my home city bud

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

a320.jpg

They explicitly state not to let esellerate convert from dollars. I'm in the UK and did not pay the price quoted in your screnshot.

• Upvote 1

Really....sh!t 

Did not see that yep i paid £149.63 :(

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Really....###### 

Did not see that yep i paid £149.63 :sad:

So you got it? How's the performance

That's not wat you forgot. You forgot to think before you posted: 'Do I have enough facts to accuse them of being greedy?'

I do. And it is "They are asking for 140 euros for an addon aircraft". That is not enough? Ok then: They are charging 50% extra for almost the same software which is just named differently, which actually annoys me more than the first reason. PMDG and FS Labs couldnt come up with enough reasons to make me believe the extra cost for P3d is justified. 

• Upvote 4

Ahmet Can

As an Airbus Captain, I'm very interested in purchasing this for P3D, but... Any word on FPS and VAS???

I've got what I think is a decent system:

6700K at 4.8gHz

1070 GTX

P3D on an SSD as well a separate SSD for the OS (Win 10)

Any word on how she performs???

So when you go to work and collect a pay check is that greed?

Well I do believe I am good at my work (like everyone I guess), my employer says that and my previous employer said the same thing too. Which was the case with the former employer before that. But I am not asking to be paid significantly more than others who are doing the same job with me. More importantly I am not asking to be paid 50% more, lets say when I was asked to type a document in Microsoft Word and then Apple's Pages.

But whatever. Seems like developers are free to set their prices (which is totally ok) but we are not free to express our thoughts about their pricing. 

• Upvote 4

Ahmet Can

So when you go to work and collect a pay check is that greed?

than i take  it  when you go  to work  you leave  your pay check behind  thanks iam  right  this  week :P

I swear if pmdg didnt start the trend of paying twice for software we would never be in the situation we are in.

have  a read  of  this  you might have  missed it  awhile ago

http://www.avsim.com/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/

which is just named differently, which actually annoys me more than the first reason. PMDG and FS Labs couldnt come up with enough reasons to make me believe the extra cost for P3d is justified.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Right, it's the "P3D is for the enterprise/commercial/training market, thus our higher prices" when we all know quite well the vast majority of us are just standard end user/home flight simmers. It's just taking advantage of the way LM had to "market" their product in order to get around the "we can't sell our version of Microsoft's ESP platform as entertainment" license catch. I'm sorry but it really is just nonsense. There are plenty of other developers out there who keep a same price policy, or even a one-price-for-both-products policy and they never describe struggles with special "P3D-specific features." Also, most of the updates required for P3D updates, as far as I'm aware, typically require developer DLLs to hook into updated version numbers in the P3D process and not much else... 

• Upvote 6

a320.jpg

Ah, the old VAT.  I managed to bypass the HST here in Canada.

Yes St. John's is my home city bud

North of Toronto here.  I will definitely being doing an ACA flight from Toronto or Montreal to destinations in the East.

Yes, it's amazing. I've flown it in FSX for the last few weeks. A really good simulation; put a Voltmeter across the batteries and start up the APU and watch the drop, listen as the packs adjust pitch when you switch over from External power to APU, marvel at the multi-colored MCDU, etc, etc. But, please, £140 quid? 

And I'll sum it up in one; you know what? it's boring, and, it's really very expensive for what it is - essentially eye-candy with a ton of stuff under the hood for geeks. I like flying - and this isn't it.

Give me the yokes of a 737 any day; the white knuckle ride as you dive down from FL350 to altitude 3000' (pausing only to slam the speedbrakes on to get down to 250 KIAS at FL100) for the ILS you're not sure you've tuned yet. 

Try doing that in this bird and see how far you get.

Don't get me wrong, it's good, it's very good. I just don't feel I'm flying when I'm in it. I feel like I'm just operating a computer - following a dictated process I have little or no say in. I feel confined and well, bored.

That's not worth any money in my book.

Clear skies.

I was asking a question of a real bus driver over on my BA forums and he said that they do sometimes manually fly the Airbus throttle and stick and he encouraged us to do the same,  flies very nicely this way.

Here in Brazil the dollar is 3 times more, and the euro, almost 4 times more.

Here the price of 140 euros = 440 $ real, very expensive for the situation of the country

I guess all you can do is hope the Chinese Super League signs you up for $25 Mil per year so you can afford the thing!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

And this is why I don't fly tubes lol

Wow that's not cheap.  But if it does everything I suppose it's worth it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |