Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

FSDT KMEM Pauses

Well I have a KMEM which I slowed down development on when the FSDT version came out. Maybe I need to bring it back. It is well advanced.

Shez

• Upvote 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

2 hours ago, ShezA said:

Well I have a KMEM which I slowed down development on when the FSDT version came out. Maybe I need to bring it back. It is well advanced.

Shez

I would be very interested in your version.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I just tried the demo of KMEM and it is amazing. It did stutter with the 747v3 and strangely I ran out of memory twice testing it. (never have run out of memory in P3D until now).

Is there any other pay airports with this kind of detail? I mean the Orbx like ground crew when you pull in is really great. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

2 hours ago, warbirds said:

I just tried the demo of KMEM and it is amazing. It did stutter with the 747v3 and strangely I ran out of memory twice testing it. (never have run out of memory in P3D until now).

Is there any other pay airports with this kind of detail? I mean the Orbx like ground crew when you pull in is really great. 

Nope i havent seen this kind of innovative materiel anywhere else.

Umberto explains in the "stutter thread" why we might se this stutters/pauses and about his very advanced memory programming.

He is doing a great job in my opinion because i like this innovative view of life , but sometimes at expenses. He has also realized it and thats why we were giving the specific update for P3D (i guess)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

6 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Umberto explains in the "stutter thread" why we might se this stutters/pauses and about his very advanced memory programming.

But the most important thing at any airport is to have a smooth landing with an aircraft that you expect to land there.  Adding a really nice feature at the expense of smoothness is not worth it, no matter how nice it is.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

26 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

But the most important thing at any airport is to have a smooth landing with an aircraft that you expect to land there.  Adding a really nice feature at the expense of smoothness is not worth it, no matter how nice it is.

I think in the beginning, we all go for the wow, factor, but after a while, just wanting things to work smoothly takes precedence, whether we are talking about the sim itself, scenery, or whatever.

For me, it's been kind of a curve, where at first I loaded up my sim with every cool thing under the sun, but in the end, I've ended up retreating to things I know work well, and won't cause me trouble.

I think that's why many peoples installations actually get simpler over the years, rather than more complex.

At this point, I think I would happily abandon some bling for things that just worked. :mellow:

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I think in the beginning, we all go for the wow, factor, but after a while, just wanting things to work smoothly takes precedence, whether we are talking about the sim itself, scenery, or whatever.

For me, it's been kind of a curve, where at first I loaded up my sim with every cool thing under the sun, but in the end, I've ended up retreating to things I know work well, and won't cause me trouble.

I think that's why many peoples installations actually get simpler over the years, rather than more complex.

At this point, I think I would happily abandon some bling for things that just worked. :mellow:

It seems to me there is a market for add-on airports that aren't quite so detailed.  For example, the new Washington DC scenery includes KDCA but it isn't nearly as detailed as an FSDT, FB, etc but it gets the job done very nicely.  I appreciate all the small details but for me, I really don't utilize them or even notice them most of the time.  I'd rather not worry about VAS, stutters, FPS, the long load times, etc.  I've become a little less enthralled with all of the super-detailed airports lately.  Now we have developers spending years re-doing the same airports instead of doing airports that haven't been done yet. Anyway...back to KMEM!

• Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

It seems to me there is a market for add-on airports that aren't quite so detailed.  For example, the new Washington DC scenery includes KDCA but it isn't nearly as detailed as an FSDT, FB, etc but it gets the job done very nicely.  I appreciate all the small details but for me, I really don't utilize them or even notice them most of the time.  I'd rather not worry about VAS, stutters, FPS, the long load times, etc.  I've become a little less enthralled with all of the super-detailed airports lately.  Now we have developers spending years re-doing the same airports instead of doing airports that haven't been done yet. Anyway...back to KMEM!

Good point.

For me the question should be simple: is the average computer system able to cope with it? Well, nice if this is the case, otherwise it's just a useless beautiful thing. Many addon developers help this out by giving the option of putting/removing detail, which normally increase/decrease VAS and frame rate loads, which I think is a great approach.

One thing that gets me into a high degree of irritation is that "washing hands" behavior like "my product is perfect if it's not working for you you're doing something wrong - or another addon is screwing it up". It looks like some don't give a damn that the average simmer wants a plethora of addons to live in harmony in their sims, as much as possible, or even don't test their stuff with this in mind, I mean, integration is essential for this hobby to succeed as a complete experience.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

3 hours ago, PhugoidEffect said:

One thing that gets me into a high degree of irritation is that "washing hands" behavior like "my product is perfect if it's not working for you you're doing something wrong - or another addon is screwing it up". It looks like some don't give a damn that the average simmer wants a plethora of addons to live in harmony in their sims, as much as possible, or even don't test their stuff with this in mind, I mean, integration is essential for this hobby to succeed as a complete experience.

I raised this point years ago, and it was one of my pet peeves. I asked why companies didn't at least test their products against things that had become nearly industry standards, and the old salts arrived to inform me why I was living in an impossible fantasy world. (This has happened on a number of subjects, including the Xplane UI)

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/32616-product-compatability/

Interestingly enough, not all that long afterwards, Orbx opened their FTX compatibility forum, which has been going strong for years as an invaluable resource since then, and I love them for it.

One of the few companies in the Flightsim arena that have shown a real money-where-their-mouth-is commitment to customer service and cross compatibility, whatever other quirks they may have. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I too am having stuttering issues in P3d with the MEM demo.  It looks great and I really want to buy it, but I don't want to waste money on an airport with stuttering issues.  It looks fantastic and smooth frames until the stuttering starts...

Orman

Well, it looks good when it works. I have to restart my simulator every now and then because Couatl does not work, which of course fail all FSDT products, includes GSX. Only way to make it work is restart the sim.

On 3/3/2017 at 3:52 AM, ShezA said:

Shez

I would love to use your product Shez! I haven't get the FSDT Memphis and I am not planning to. I want to fly in and out of Memphis but with so many trouble Couatl giving me, it's a no go now.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5