Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Introducing Flight Sim World!

I understand the natural tendency to want to hang on to all we now have, but I for one am ready to move on. If legacy addons won't work with it so be it. We all knew this day would come and it appears it's now a lot closer than we thought. If letting go of what we now have enhances the world of flight simming, then I'm all for it. It's the only way we will move beyond all the current complaints about what we use today.  Of course we might come up with a whole new set. :biggrin:  We'll just have to wait and see.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I am very excited for this. I look forward to the early access!

I know a lot of people were hoping for a brand new engine which yes that would be nice, but also it is good in a way that Dovetail is still using the core of FSX. Once FSW rolls out and more developers get their hands on it, we may find that it may not take much to update add-ons to work with the new simulator. Whereas if it were a brand new engine, it could take months into years before we see any quality add-ons released if developers have to start from the ground up.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Here's a question for you, Aimee: large screen GPS displays are clearly going to be a significant aspect of the virtual cockpit experience as I notice them in both the Malibu and the Seneca. Have the problems with this component (most significantly the non-functioning zoom feature), which were never really addressed in Flight School, been fixed? 

Tim

After dumping all of us that purchased flight school with end of development, etc, the least you could do is offer some type of discount to people that purchased that product...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

I understand the natural tendency to want to hang on to all we now have, but I for one am ready to move on. If legacy addons won't work with it so be it. We all knew this day would come and it appears it's now a lot closer than we thought. If letting go of what we now have enhances the world of flight simming, then I'm all for it. It's the only way we will move beyond all the current complaints about what we use today.  Of course we might come up with a whole new set. :biggrin:  We'll just have to wait and see.

I guess one solution is to keep your FSX/P3D as is and install an extra drive for the FSW and just grow it as devs develop. No body says you have to get rid of the present sim for the new one.

• Upvote 3

Vic green

From the images look like old issues of popping autogen and blurried textures at distance remain unresolved  at the moment

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

From the images look like old issues of popping autogen and blurried textures at distance remain unresolved  at the moment

I noticed that too, but I'm willing to wait and see.

If Froogle tells me that everything's just fine and dandy and he's sure the flaws will be addressed this time though, I'm going to be a lot more skeptical than I was when he said it about Flight School........

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

I noticed that too, but I'm willing to wait and see.

If Froogle tells me that everything's just fine and dandy and he's sure the flaws will be addressed this time though, I'm going to be a lot more skeptical than I was when he said it about Flight School........

Same here

as i do not need another fsx or another flightschool

Well, looking at the recommended specs I will have to bail out. Graphics card GTX970 is what it says.

My GTX770, which runs FSX as well as X-plane 11 just fine, does not seem to fit the bill.
And I have no budget for a graphics card upgrade.

So FSX and X-Plane it is.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

4 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

After dumping all of us that purchased flight school with end of development, etc, the least you could do is offer some type of discount to people that purchased that product...

They are going to do that. I read on their Facebookpage an announcement about this will be made shortly.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

And if you have the patience it'll be on 70% discount at Steam one day...when there is some DLC :)

Cheers

Keith

Even "Flight School" brought updated airfield data ( at least that, maybe also navaids, but I didn't check that ).

I was surprised to find my LPMN represented in Flight School !

I hope for the best for this sim. Haven't seen the mention of minimal requirement of a GTX 970 though ? I own a GTX 960 4 GB one... maybe it's enough ( ? )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

6 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Even "Flight School" brought updated airfield data ( at least that, maybe also navaids, but I didn't check that ).

I was surprised to find my LPMN represented in Flight School !

I hope for the best for this sim. Haven't seen the mention of minimal requirement of a GTX 970 though ? I own a GTX 960 4 GB one... maybe it's enough ( ? )

Cross your fingers!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This sounds very petty but i think its an important part of the visuals. Will there be cloud shadows at all? Also will we see atmospheric scattering? The PTA tool for prepar3d added this to the game and it really does make you feel as if your flying at high alt. 

57 minutes ago, JohnH90 said:

This sounds very petty but i think its an important part of the visuals. Will there be cloud shadows at all? Also will we see atmospheric scattering? The PTA tool for prepar3d added this to the game and it really does make you feel as if your flying at high alt. 

cloud shadows and atmospheric scattering are among the minimums things i would expect in this sim!