jcomm

Just 2 days away from the Historic Day !

I'm getting ready to hit the Buy button for the first 64 bit derivate of the Good Old MSFS !!!

Steam platform is installed, no games actually installed ( I have there MS FLIGHT and two DLCs for it, FSX:SE, IL2 CloD and Aerofly FS 1 and 2 ) - eagerly awaiting DTG FSW !

Then, after installing ( and making sure I make a system image, just in case and given the latest events on the Cyber World... ),

Fine tuning to make it run properly on my i5 2500 + GTX 960 4 GB in Win 10 Pro 64, with 16 GB DDR3 RAM is probably going to be my first experience, followed by proper controller assignements...

Then I'll start the usual circuits around LPPT, with increasing levels of weather nastiness :-), and I'll probably have a LPPT - LPMN $100 hamburger...

:ha:

• Upvote 4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I heard they added an Uninstall feature that completely removes the product from your hard drive within 10 seconds.
Unfortunately, I can't tell you more, as it is currently covered by NDA. :-)

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

I'm getting ready to hit the Buy button for the first 64 bit derivate of the Good Old MSFS !!!

+1

• Upvote 1

Just now, Boomer said:

Price?

$24.99

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Steam platform is installed, no games actually installed ( I have there MS FLIGHT and two DLCs for it, FSX:SE, IL2 CloD and Aerofly FS 1 and 2 ) - eagerly awaiting DTG FSW !

Then, after installing ( and making sure I make a system image, just in case and given the latest events on the Cyber World... ),

Fine tuning to make it run properly on my i5 2500 + GTX 960 4 GB in Win 10 Pro 64, with 16 GB DDR3 RAM is probably going to be my first experience, followed by proper controller assignements...

Then I'll start the usual circuits around LPPT, with increasing levels of weather nastiness :-), and I'll probably have a LPPT - LPMN $100 hamburger...

Is there going to be a 64 bit version of FSX:SE???

I did not know... tell me more?

2 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

I did not know... tell me more?

Shhhhhh! Dont tell anyone !

Just between you and me - I think there is.... and it comes with a nice makeup, and we're going to be able to grap it in just 2 days... But please don't tell anyone !

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Of course not.

• Upvote 1

Co*k. I guess I misunderstood this malicious topic.

C'mon José, we all know you will uninstall it in a matter of hours... just for the fun of it ;-)

cheers!

-E

Of course, I get it for free, but honestly, I'm pretty much expecting a retread of Flight-school......

With the outstanding issues fixed.

52 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Of course, I get it for free, but honestly, I'm pretty much expecting a retread of Flight-school......

With the outstanding issues fixed.

I honestly believe there's a LOT more to expect from it :-)

Me too. WARNING - But I see any criticism in 10 minutes of the launch which is very likely here I am going to loose it.:angry:

6 hours ago, jcomm said:

Talk about putting the cart before the horse! DTG have done nothing to prove themselves. look at DT Flight school! it was a disappointment and pulled! i have zero faith in them and will not waste a cent until its proven itself on the market.

4 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

Co*k. I guess I misunderstood this malicious topic.

Oh... that one.

We will see if it is going to be a golden nugget. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, petkez said:

Talk about putting the cart before the horse! DTG have done nothing to prove themselves. look at DT Flight school! it was a disappointment and pulled! i have zero faith in them and will not waste a cent until its proven itself on the market.

Meh, I just ordered a 2TB Hybrid drive to host this beasticle called FSW.  Proofs in the puddin and my bowl is awaiting that FSW puddin.

10 hours ago, angeli662 said:

Me too. WARNING - But I see any criticism in 10 minutes of the launch which is very likely here I am going to loose it.:angry:

Oh hell, it's too late for that, it hasn't even been released yet, and people have shredded FSW!

Well. 40 GB of disk space shows that for sure decent scenery comes with this install...

I know I am not a good representative of the typical FSX user, because apart from the base install, ORBX FTX Global and Aerosoft Madeira, but my FSX and FSX:SE installs never reached anywhere near that level of disk use...

Ha, already, without it being released, we have the.. "I'm not going to buy it because........" (just fill in the gap)

Just remember, this is an early access release, so, it's obviously an incomplete paid beta launch, that DTG want the community to troubleshoot & debug for them.. 

And people are exited about this??

9 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Ha, already, without it being released, we have the.. "I'm not going to buy it because........" (just fill in the gap)

Just remember, this is an early access release, so, it's obviously an incomplete paid beta launch, that DTG want the community to troubleshoot & debug for them.. 

And people are exited about this??

I am Wobbie, at least as excited as I was when I knew of the imminent release of MS FLIGHT, in 2011 ....

I just and very sincerely hope FSW get's a track of success and joy for all users along it's - long - existence!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, petkez said:

I guess you don't mind others spending their dosh in order to prove it or not ? Somebody has to. Don't worry its cheaper than taking the wife out to dinner so I don't mind :biggrin:

Regarding being Early Access, that's actually what I've been using in Aerofly FS 2, DCS, IL.2 Battle of..., X-Plane 10 and 11, and even Prepar3d which is pretty much in permanent beta...

When not in EA I the platform, I sometimes am in EA in the add-ons... So, this is the new business model, and it's here to stay...

Also, I prefer to deal with a developer who has shown it cares about their users feedback, and is willing to continue to listen to their user community along the development cycle of their platform. What more can I ask for ?

Sooner than latter I strongly believe some mainstream 3pds will join the project and start offering their old and new add-ons for DTG FSW.

• Upvote 3