JDWalley

Tick…tick…tick…

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

it is already the 30th here in NZ for almost 20 hours so... we always get things a day after you guys :)

• Upvote 1

It's been a while so I can't remember the installation process.
Assuming v4 is the same as v3, do you download a a small management app that then downloads everything else, or do we download the whole caboodle in one go ?

My friend has a much better highspeed internet connection than I do, and has said I can take an external SSD drive round if I wanted to.

@77west yep, 6 am tomorrow morning for us. Unfortunately, I have to be in work early so won't be able to start the download before I go - there goes another 12 hours of my life I won't get back 😳

Roll on V4 and then the testing to decide if I need a hardware upgrade now, in the near future or a bit further off 😆 GTX 1080 Ti feels tempting over my SLI 780 Tis.

😬

21 minutes ago, TMorel said:

It's been a while so I can't remember the installation process.
Assuming v4 is the same as v3, do you download a a small management app that then downloads everything else, or do we download the whole caboodle in one go ?

My friend has a much better highspeed internet connection than I do, and has said I can take an external SSD drive round if I wanted to.

Up to now you always had to download the whole caboodle so I'd visit you friend. :happy: Even if they would offer some sort of management app for v4 (which I doubt) I am certain they would also offer a download option for v4 (because this software is also used for training purposes on computers that may not have direct internet access).

10AM EST is around 7PM here in the UK.  Shame they haven't allowed downloads ready for the purchase to happen today at 10AM EST.  Would've reduced the load on their servers too.  Hey ho.

4 minutes ago, adyfoot said:

10AM EST is around 7PM here in the UK.  Shame they haven't allowed downloads ready for the purchase to happen today at 10AM EST.  Would've reduced the load on their servers too.  Hey ho.

Its release at 2PM EST not 10AM EST.

But will there be any fsuip?  Without it, most addons won't work.  Not even sure my pmdg birds will work without fsuip. 

16 minutes ago, eaim said:

Its release at 2PM EST not 10AM EST.

Good point well made - I knew it was 2PM but wrote 10AM for some reason.  The BST time of 1900 is correct though :-)

Yes, they really should have announced the release in zulu time. 

• Upvote 1

Chris,

yes Pete is providing the usual free version for addons that require it

Cheers

Steve

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, egntpilot said:

Chris,

yes Pete is providing the usual free version for addons that require it

Cheers

Steve

Cheers, brother Steve.

Get on the stick.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Are we there yet? :biggrin:

Almost - it's like being a kid waiting for Christmas isn't it?  We've just had a nice three-day weekend here in the UK.  Such a shame they didn't set the release for Friday 26th May.  Would've had a great three days of playing.

The real wait will start when you pay your money,and find out that the server went down due to the thousands of people trying to download V4 all at once. :huh:

• Upvote 1

Since I will almost certainly require a GPU with significantly more VRAM than my 2GB GTX770, I will not be purchasing on day one. However, I am really looking forward to reading reports from all of you. The popcorn is ready :smile:

• Upvote 1

I'm sitting in an airport terminal heading to Houston, so won't be able to get my hands on V4 until I return home Friday. 

At least I'll avoid the probable heavy load on LM's servers from the initial download rush this afternoon!

While we're all waiting, maybe someone in the know can tell me if I can have both V3 and V4 installed simultaneously on my PC?

2 minutes ago, odourboy said:

While we're all waiting, maybe someone in the know can tell me if I can have both V3 and V4 installed simultaneously on my PC?

Apparently yes

Is LM going to continue to support V3, or is it superseded by  V4?