737_800

Should I buy the FSL A320

Hi there,

I want to buy the FSL A320 but I am not sure. Do you think it's worth the money? I now I actually we've waited for an Airbus ever since FSX exists. However, do you think it's worth 139 USD (incl. P3D Version)

I am really unsure because of performance, when it comes realization, do you think it has the same level as PMDG?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

7 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Hi there,

I want to buy the FSL A320 but I am not sure. Do you think it's worth the money? I now I actually we've waited for an Airbus ever since FSX exists. However, do you think it's worth 139 USD (incl. P3D Version)

I am really unsure because of performance, when it comes realization, do you think it has the same level as PMDG?

If you want the most realistic Airbus you can get for FS, then yes it is worth it absolutely. I paid about 120 quid for it or something like that and I think it was well worth it becuase I really wanted an accurate simulation of the A320. The performance is good, because there are plenty of options to tweak, such as the ability to load lower resolution textures and such. Do I think it is the same level as PMDG? No actually, I think it is better.

• Upvote 1

Every bit the level of PMDG!  You should have purchased it before last Wednesday as the would have got the P3D and FSX version for the one price! 

Yes, you should have bought it months ago.  In my opinion it is the best out right now.

I have hardly flown anything else since I bought it nine months ago. And I do have every quality FS airliner in my hangar.
It is expensive, yes, but taking into consideration how many times I have flown it, it finally turned out to be cheap as chips.

The best airliner I have ever had in my sim (any). Don't ask me why. It just feels like that and has that something special.

30 minutes ago, petkez said:

You should have purchased it before last Wednesday as the would have got the P3D and FSX version for the one price

What do you mean?

• Upvote 1

Prior to the release of P3D v4 you only had to pay the price difference between the FSL A320 to get the P3D version.  Now if you buy the P3D version you don't get the FSX version included. I got an email from FSL last week saying if was the last chance to upgrade to the P3D version at a discount.

Really?

I thought they withdrew their discount when the A320-X was released for Prepar3D V4, not when Lockheed-Martin released Prepar3D V4? Or did I miss something?

This is from the announcement on their forums:

"
- Once the P3Dv4 A320-X is released, it will be available FREE OF CHARGE to all existing A320-X P3Dv3 customers *** as of that date ***.
- Once the P3Dv4 A320-X is released, the upgrade discount path from FSX into P3D (any version) will be discontinued.
"

Please see the full announcement here

• Upvote 1

I have just bought it, let's fly Airbus guys... :-D

Anders: I cannot confirm that, you still have the opportunity to upgrade for the discount price. Just grasped it.

Yeah, absolutely worth it!!  I think too, IMO, that it's the best aircraft right now for FS - any platform.  I know the Boeing lovers will prefer and say PMDG at the very least due to the bias towards Boeing(I used to be one of those guys).  But, if you can put aside your biases to which you prefer(Boeing vs Airbus), this is just go that something "extra" that makes it feel more alive than anything else out there.  Worth every penny in my book!!!

Wait till they fix the endless bug list first in my opinion... its already 4 months since last update and no word when they will release new update. I actually dispute my payment and got rid of it. At least till they fix it.

Too late, now. However, I heard about some issues as not modelled features in the MCDU as wind entries. Didn't know it has bugs. I really hope he will fix them with the upgrade to v4. To sad, that the support seems to be rather poor :(

• Upvote 1

Their website shows the FSX Version at $99.95 and an Upgrade from FSX to P3D at $39.95. Is that option still available, i.e. purchase of the FSX version and the Upgrade to P3D?

I'm getting slightly confused between posts here and their website. Please advise.

1 minute ago, 737_800 said:

Too late, now. However, I heard about some issues as not modelled features in the MCDU as wind entries. Didn't know it has bugs. I really hope he will fix them with the upgrade to v4. To sad, that the support seems to be rather poor :(

Well maybe you'll be the one of the lucky few who never had any bugs or issues... fly a little if encounter strange stuff try search in the forum, most likely its been reported more then once and waiting for and update. I guess if 4 months and still no word on update or fix you'll wait at least another 4... in the worst case dispute the paypal payment like i did. No one should buy a crazy buggy product and in such price.... 

3 hours ago, 737_800 said:

Hi there,

There's no better plane for any flight sim in my opinion. Absolutely worth it

3 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Wait till they fix the endless bug list first in my opinion... its already 4 months since last update and no word when they will release new update. I actually dispute my payment and got rid of it. At least till they fix it.

What are the big things?  Also, how is performance?  I have the Aerosoft one and I'm just wondering if it's worth it and what the differences are.

Would also like to know that... Haven't come across any (really noticable) bugs :ohmy:

Regarding discount... Please just read the announcement I linked to (and quoted from). :smile: 
The discount is available UNTIL FSLabs releases the A320-X for Prepar3D V4. As soon as the A320-X is made available/compatible with Prepar3D V4, the discount is withdrawn.

IMHO the A320-X is the most immerseful and detailed airliner ever released for Flight Simulator. The sounds, lighting and system modelling is just amazing. I've always been a Boeing simulator pilot - but to be honest, nothing beats the feeling I got, when I first sat in the A320-X and powered it up from Cold-n-Dark. In my humble opinion,

it's absolutely worth every cent!

11 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

What are the big things?  Also, how is performance?  I have the Aerosoft one and I'm just wondering if it's worth it and what the differences are.

The Aerosoft one is an excellent simulation of the A320, but to quote its feature list: 'Simulation of the Airbus A320 and A321 focused on the day-to-day operation of the aircraft from the left seat'. The point being that it simulates normal operations of the A320 very well. To do that, one can approach creating a simulation in such a way as to not concern oneself with questions such as 'what happens if I turn this off? Or what if this or that system failed?'.

This is the major difference between the approach FSL took to simulating the Airbus. Now you may not want to simulate the wings falling off your A320 on a regular basis, but what you might be interested in, is having a simulation of the A320 where literally every wire and hydraulic line and things such as the effect of fuel sloshing around in a particular fuel tank at a particular angle of attack is read and imparted upon how your simulated A320 is whizzing around the skies.

For me, this was something which mattered, since I worked on developing the Standard Operating Procedure Manuals for the real A320, 321 and 330, thus I had enough of a 'nerd' interest in the real thing to make having something which was a realistc simulation of the aeroplane 'under the hood' worth the price of entry. If that doesn't matter to someone else, they might easily be happy with the Aerosoft A320, since it does normal operations well and is certainly a lot less expensive. But if not, then with the FSL one, you are getting what you pay for, it  might not always obvious what that is to someone who isn't familiar with the real aeroplane, but even if you aren't that familiar, then the FSL one will serve to make you that familiar with it. Switch something on the overhead in the FSL 'Bus, and the sounds you hear and the affect that has on electical loads, or hydraulic pressures or whatever, is genuinely accurately reflected on gauges and readouts you see and has implications on what works and how well it functions. This is why it is a bit of a flight simmer's dream come true, since it is like owning the real aeroplane.

• Upvote 1

Great addon but some glaring omissions for the price. 

1) no way to set a panel state from the menu. 

2) no release of an sdk so FS2Crew can make good FO addon.  

3) for some reason it seems some very major things can go wrong.  I could not resolve them and ended up completely reinstalling my P3D in order to fix. 

• Upvote 1

The FSL A320 not only flies well.  This aircraft makes you *Feel* that you are flying one. In every aspect. Sound, visuals, systems. I mean talk about a guy that is obsessed with this plane. Right here 🙋

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, MarkW said:

no way to set a panel state from the menu. 

Damn, I was about to make the buy. So, Mark, if no way to set a a Panel State such as C&D, how is it set?

There are a lot of pro-buy views here. Luckily I read your post.

5 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Damn, I was about to make the buy. So, Mark, if no way to set a a Panel State such as C&D, how is it set?

There are a lot of pro-buy views here. Luckily I read your post.

Only way is to load up the default cub, cut the power, turn off the battery and then load the A320.  It is absolutely nuts for something of this price.  And the second way is when you forget to do the above and load right into the A320....you then spend a few minutes turning off things to get into the state you want.  Thankfully the menu does have ground power and air so at least that works but no pushback utility.  I have to say that the small little refinements of a PMDG aircraft really do shine when you compare to almost anything else (and I would say A2A is in the same category as PMDG with this stuff).

46 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Great addon but some glaring omissions for the price. 

1) no way to set a panel state from the menu. 

2) no release of an sdk so FS2Crew can make good FO addon.  

3) for some reason it seems some very major things can go wrong.  I could not resolve them and ended up completely reinstalling my P3D in order to fix. 

1) The option to instantly set the aircraft to a specific state has been added and will be made available in the next update. 

2) An SDK is being worked on. It's taking time, because a simulation of this magnitude and in depth has not been achieved before now for a desktop PC.

3) It's a very complex simulation and we exploit the platform more than anyone else does to achieve such high fidelity. Unfortunately, the platforms are very open to everyone and anyone adding/moving/deleting files. We can't be held accountable for the way other 3DP's install/manage their applications. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MachTwo said:

1) The option to instantly set the aircraft to a specific state has been added and will be made available in the next update. 

2) An SDK is being worked on. It's taking time, because a simulation of this magnitude and in depth has not been achieved before now for a desktop PC.

3) It's a very complex simulation and we exploit the platform more than anyone else does to achieve such high fidelity. Unfortunately, the platforms are very open to everyone and anyone adding/moving/deleting files. We can't be held accountable for the way other 3DP's install/manage their applications. 

Glad to hear of these changes and updates to the A320.  Looking forward to it.