Sign in to follow this  
nhagag

PMDG 777-300ER

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

Yes there is going to be an update, PMDG are working on it:

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems it takes them a bit longer to work out the Ground Camera in P3D V4. I guess LM forgot to make it compatible, feature is causing CTD at best I guess. Let us hope the timeline will not influence the release of 737NGX (in case of full resource involvement on -300ER I am afraid a delay on NGX release would be the only outcome).

As I am eagerly waiting for the -300ER, I am even more waiting for the NGX as I fly more short hauls. I am happy with the already released 777LR and 747 nontheless. Let us hope the weekend will have some positive news in store. Many depends on LM's work though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Piotr007 said:

It seems it takes them a bit longer to work out the Ground Camera in P3D V4. I guess LM forgot to make it compatible, feature is causing CTD at best I guess.

Source or opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Source or opinion?

Opinion of course. But it is the most credible explanation that it has to do with the ground camera option as a screen option in VC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Opinion of course. But it is the most credible explanation that it has to do with the ground camera option as a screen option in VC.

Well the LR/F update was only posted Saturday. Given that the PMDG guys want a weekend and the fact it's only just Wednesday, you're jumping to the conclusion they're having compatibility issues after just 2 days of working on it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

Source or opinion?

This was actually one of the reasons. LM is issuing a hotfix to correct a number of issues, but this is one of them.

Basically, when you'd fire up the GMCS, the fps would drop a bit, but once you turned it off, it wouldn't go back to the level it should've as if it had never been turned on.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

This was actually one of the reasons. LM is issuing a hotfix to correct a number of issues, but this is one of them.

Basically, when you'd fire up the GMCS, the fps would drop a bit, but once you turned it off, it wouldn't go back to the level it should've as if it had never been turned on.

Informative Kyle. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

This was actually one of the reasons. LM is issuing a hotfix to correct a number of issues, but this is one of them.

Basically, when you'd fire up the GMCS, the fps would drop a bit, but once you turned it off, it wouldn't go back to the level it should've as if it had never been turned on.

Hello

Sorry for the stupid question but does that mean they will release an update to v4 to 4.1 and we won't be able to use the 777-300 unless you have v4.1 

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, tooting said:

Hello

Sorry for the stupid question but does that mean they will release an update to v4 to 4.1 and we won't be able to use the 777-300 unless you have v4.1 

Cheers 

Correct. You would certainly want to apply the 4.1 update in any case, as LM will be correcting other bugs in P3D besides the one that is affecting the ability to release the PMDG 777-300.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea on what kind of updates or fixes LM will include in P3D 4.1? Is there a discussion about it somewhere that I can check out? Hope it comes out soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, captain420 said:

Any idea on what kind of updates or fixes LM will include in P3D 4.1? Is there a discussion about it somewhere that I can check out? Hope it comes out soon.

I hope so too as I would imagine the likes of fsl, qw and aerosoft also are on the samd boat with their up coming releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen mention of a 4.1 anywhere, just a hotfix, presumably similar to what they did for v3.4: a replacement .exe that you drop into your P3D folder with a small number of fixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally bought the 200 and 300, and I am enjoying them both very much. I was playing around during a flight and I had a CTD when selecting the GMCS (taxi camera). Is this a known issue? Not a big deal to me since I probably won't use it, just curious. I am running P3Dv4 hotfix 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this