Recommended Posts

Now that the 717 is out for v4, just curious as to people's thoughts on it? I read some reviews of it from its release, and some things were lacking. However, I've been reading that they greatly improved on it since then? As someone who flies study level airliners (PMDG, FSL, Majestic), would I enjoy this? Most important things for me are system modeling and depth. Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

10 minutes ago, uhntissbaby111 said:

Now that the 717 is out for v4, just curious as to people's thoughts on it? I read some reviews of it from its release, and some things were lacking. However, I've been reading that they greatly improved on it since then? As someone who flies study level airliners (PMDG, FSL, Majestic), would I enjoy this? Most important things for me are system modeling and depth. Thanks! 

It's not quite there yet, but the developers are very open, transparent, and working hard to get it up to that level.  While I don't think the systems modeling approach they use will ever bring it to the pmdg or fsl level of modeling systems down to each and every wire and relay, with a few more patches most people won't be able to tell the difference.

Share this post


Link to post

It's in a Ready to buy state, good systems (really depth and improving), modeling isn't the best but they have said that with the release of P3DV4, it will improve

TFDi 717 is a study level add-on now, better than release version

Even you can participate on Community OPT-in-beta, for testing new systems, model, etc...

Hope this gonna help you

Share this post


Link to post

My favorite plane for P3D v4 so far. Nice system depth and improving. The best thing about it is that it is not really a Boeing (they took it over from MD), which gives it a fairly unique feel. I have read that some people compare it to the MD 11 or MD 80 with respect to cockpit layout.

Peter

Share this post


Link to post

A plane which has actually gotten BETTER in P3D4. Largely because now I don't have to worry about OOMs anymore which was inevitable when I flew this bird from payware airport to payware airport, weather, ORBX etc.  in P3Dv.1-3 or FSX.Great systems. Decent FMS. Very nice and sharp textures in the cockpit. Very nice exterior model.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sp0701 said:

 modeling isn't the best

Really? I think they are outstanding. I mean I've seen worse. For example some of the Flight 1 modelling seems a bit inferior compared to TFDI

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, warriorpilot said:

Really? I think they are outstanding. I mean I've seen worse. For example some of the Flight 1 modelling seems a bit inferior compared to TFDI

Agreed! I said "isn't the best" because there is not perfection, I mean, It's amazing the modeling on this plane, but not perfect :)

Share this post


Link to post

I fly on FSX Steam and keep going back to the 717. A very unique aircraft, well model and so much character, like her bigger sister the Mad Dog. There are still a few minor quirks I'm having like addon manager not sending fuel and pay load changes to the sim, and a couple of minor things I can live with. Excellent friendly support with out that snobbish look down on you, It's all your fault attitude you get from some study sim developers.

A whole lot of fun but not a set and forget type of plane as she can be a hand full in bad weather turbulence. My biggest wish is for an FS2Crew to take care of FO duties so you can concentrate on Captaining the ships. That's not in the planned future though.

I'm glad I have her. No buyers remorse here.   

Share this post


Link to post

I love the TFDi 717. I know that the developer is working  very hard to perfect it, but even knowing that, I don't mind if it has a few minor quarks.

Just read the FCOMs of real aircraft and  you will see lots of bulletins telling about software problems that exist and are being worked on by Boeing. They will tell the pilot not to do something a certain way because it might bring an unexpected result, the because the 717 is still being perfected, doesn't mean that it is not very realistic.

I'm finding it to be accurate in climbing the SID, but maybe not so much when descending through the  STAR in VNAV, so I will tend to set the hard altitude and use VS to meet the restrictions in the STAR. Of course it may just be me doing something wrong to.  I have to fly it more to know for sure.

It is an amazing aircraft and one that I love to fly.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with most of the comments here. It's improved a lot and works well in P3Dv4. The developers are pretty responsive to fixing things that are not quite right yet. It isn't at the level of a PMDG or FSL aircraft, if you are looking for comparisons think Aerosoft A320 type level, which is where I suspect it will top out. Remember though that it's also half the price of a PMDG/FSL aircraft in P3D.

I think it's good now and will be great when it's done and I'm just happy someone made a 717 to even this level.

 

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, uhntissbaby111 said:

As someone who flies study level airliners

See, I'd believe you except you didn't list the Maddog!  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

See, I'd believe you except you didn't list the Maddog!  ;)

+1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks everyone for the responses! Spent a good amount of time watching youtube and i think I will go ahead and get this, looks like a good product!

 

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

See, I'd believe you except you didn't list the Maddog!  ;)

 

Hahaha! The beloved Maddog!! One of my all time favorite addons, I unfortunately had to say goodbye to it when I switched to P3D :( Just today I was thinking how I hope that either the original developers return to it and come out with a new version, or another developer perhaps gets a hold of it and continues it. The Md-80 family is one of my favorites!

Share this post


Link to post

Good airplane.  TFDI did a pretty good job with it.  Documentation is a little sparse, yet.  I downloaded B717 FCOMS and FMS manual from "mycockpit.org" and it made a world of difference.  I don't do 777 or 747 flights, so this is pretty much the only study level sim for P3Dv4 for me until NGX and A320 is released.  Would love for people to work on some more liveries for it.  Liveries are a little limited at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, uhntissbaby111 said:

The beloved Maddog!

I hear you there!  I kept FSX:SE installed just to fly the Maddog from time to time... well, that and I have to keep FSX. P3DV3 and V4 installed for beta testing products... but I love to get an MD-80 flight in at least once a month!

Share this post


Link to post

Great plane badly let down by poor night lighting. 

Share this post


Link to post

Ended up taking the plunge and buying this aircraft.

And have to say i am enjoying it.

Took me a couple of days to personalise my checklist, and being a 737 man working out its idiosyncrasies, however it has turned out to be better than what i thought.

Perfect for the FIFO runs into the Pilbara.

Good job TFDI, keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, vhufo said:

Ended up taking the plunge and buying this aircraft.

And have to say i am enjoying it.

Took me a couple of days to personalise my checklist, and being a 737 man working out its idiosyncrasies, however it has turned out to be better than what i thought.

Perfect for the FIFO runs into the Pilbara.

Good job TFDI, keep up the good work.

Looking forward to try it out this week, bought it along with FSDT,FB sceneries but did not find the time to check it out.

Michael Moe

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/25/2017 at 2:20 AM, jbcallender said:

Good airplane.  TFDI did a pretty good job with it.  Documentation is a little sparse, yet.  I downloaded B717 FCOMS and FMS manual from "mycockpit.org" and it made a world of difference.  I don't do 777 or 747 flights, so this is pretty much the only study level sim for P3Dv4 for me until NGX and A320 is released.  Would love for people to work on some more liveries for it.  Liveries are a little limited at this point.

There's a guy called Fabio (Fab10) that is doing some easy liveries (fictional or not) and he's very good at painting

We will create a topic, ask to TFDi to pin it, You can leave there your request, He'll do it, (if he wants obviously lol)

I will post the Direct link to the post here (when it is available): - 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now