Sign in to follow this  
Penz

Small change in hotfix 1 that can influence AI

From the changelog: "No longer instantiating radios if they are not configured for an object".

I spent a considerable amount of time wondering why AI didn't behave like it used to, but after the hotfix, any AI aircraft that doesn't have a [Radios] section in its "aircraft.cfg" will no longer respond to ATC, and thus not operate correctly. As an example, any AI aircraft without radios within the "bubble" will get stuck on "Clearance" before takeoff.

I don't know about other AI packages, but I do know that a considerable number of aircraft from MT6 are missing that section. After I added radios, they now again behave like they used to.

• Upvote 4

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Another forum had stated that was only relevant to the FSP A380. Are you finding that is true for other models as well? What are the symptoms exactly?

- Aaron

I tried to expand a bit in my first post: Any AI without radio within the bubble will get stuck on steps that require radio communications.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Tks Penz. I had noticed that behaviour: ac would not respond to atc. Glad you could locate the problem.

Now, let's see, how many a/c should I modify? Many, a lot actually.

Cheers

Pierre

4 hours ago, Penz said:

From the changelog: "No longer instantiating radios if they are not configured for an object".

I spent a considerable amount of time wondering why AI didn't behave like it used to, but after the hotfix, any AI aircraft that doesn't have a [Radios] section in its "aircraft.cfg" will no longer respond to ATC, and thus not operate correctly. As an example, any AI aircraft without radios within the "bubble" will get stuck on "Clearance" before takeoff.

I don't know about other AI packages, but I do know that a considerable number of aircraft from MT6 are missing that section. After I added radios, they now again behave like they used to.

Can you elaborate a bit more on how you do this with maybe an example?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

So does this mean we have to go in and edit a bunch of files to add that line? Seems like a lot of work. :(

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Good find. I was doing a flight from New York to Washington with MT6 and was quite suprised that at least 2 planes along the route were told that their IFR flight plan has been cancelled and to resume VFR navigation. I found it funny at the time, but not so much anymore now that I know I have to edit a bunch of files to fix it. :biggrin:

It is possible to use Notepad++ and search [Radios] in your various AI folders under the search command "Find in Files".  This will show every aircraft.cfg with the section present. It's easy then to take this list and see what's missing. 

• Upvote 1

Tks Jay, nice trick. Did just that. Had to edit 20 files out of 90.

Cheers

Pierre

Wow, there's more AI aircraft like this than I thought that there was. I'm no longer using My Traffic 6, but here's a list of aircraft that are missing the [Radios] section. Some are not used in the 2015 schedules, though.

An12MX
An24MX
An26MX
An30MX
An32MX
AS365MX
ATPMX
ATR42MX
ATR72MX
B717MX
B721MX
B722MX
B732MX
B733MX
B734MX
B735MX
B736MX
B737MX
B738MX
B739ERMX
B739MX
C130MX
C172
CH47MX
CH53MX
Chall300MX
Chall600MX
Chall850MX
CRJ10MX
CRJ2MX
CRJ7MX
CRJ9MX
CV440MX
DC6MX
DC91MX
DC93MX
DC94MX
DC95MX
DH6MX
DH81MX
DH83MX
DH84MX
DO328MX
E2CMX
Emb120MX
EMB135MX
EMB140MX
Emb145MX
Falcon50MX
Fokker27MX
Fokker50MX
Global_ExpressMX
Legacy600MX
MD83MX
MD87MX
MD90MX
MirageIIIMX
P3MX
Saab2000MX
Saab340MX
SH3MX
TransallMX
UH1MX
UH60MX
ViscountMX

Happy hunting :wink: for other AI packages since the UT products use some My T 6 models. Maybe somebody still using WOAI can make a similar list. I'm using AIG now. It's a tedious process to keep the AIG stuff up to date, but it gives a realistic result.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ppo said:

Tks Jay, nice trick. Did just that. Had to edit 20 files out of 90.

Cheers

After you finish, run the Find in Files search again, just too make sure that there aren't any duplicate [Radios} sections by mistake. I had one.

Thank you for posting this, co-incidentally I have spent the past two days periodically converting AIA/TFS and other AI models to P3D4.0 in order to correct the scripting content errors so have now gone through and ensured everything had a radio section. 

Although I have no evidence  of this being true, I wonder if all the attention  given by the user community to ntdll.dll errors led LM to examine possible causes and this coding change was done in an attempt to narrow the sources of the error.

Definitely a step into the right direction. Standardization of add-on components is the keyword.

Not sure how fast the AI Traffic devs will be able to act on that. I for instance will dive into my MT6 installation and repair what ever I will find to repair, including incompatible model files. MT6 was the only 3rd party add-on that crashed my P3Dv4 installation so far. Time to repair it.

Best
Frank