Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What do you wish you hadn't installed in P3D4?

Recommended Posts

It's an odd question, I know, but I'm getting ready to 'switch over' from P3D3.4 and it would help if I knew what to avoid.

My current P3D3.4 build has

  • Utilities: EZDok, FSUIPC, AS2016, EnvTex, GSX, Topcat, PFPX, LORBY-SI, SimStarter
  • Orbx: Global, Vector, Europe, NA, all regions except Ireland and a lot of their airports
  • Airports by: FlyTampa, FSDT, FlightBeam, Taxi2Gate, LatinVFR, TropicalSim, MexHighFlight, Aerosoft, Richer Simulations (good stuff!), JetStream Designs, Digital Designs, NewSceneryStudio, RFSCENERYBUILDING, DRZEWIECKI, DREAMFLIGHT, The Airport Guys, ImagineSim,
  • Most PMDG, Dash8 Q400, RealAir Dukes, a few Carenado, Aerosoft A3xx (not compatible with 3.4 yet)...a few others.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Digital Designs, LOWS did not work. The runway lights were inop and some other lights did not work.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm at least a little surprised that there haven't been other problematic products.  It's good news indeed if people are having good success getting their add-ons installed on the 64-bit sim.

Share this post


Link to post

uk2000 old installers... follow the instructions on his site to delete the fs9 bgls 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I'm at least a little surprised that there haven't been other problematic products.  It's good news indeed if people are having good success getting their add-ons installed on the 64-bit sim.

Or maybe most of us are just playing it safe and not forcing v3's into v4.

gb.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, gboz said:

Or maybe most of us are just playing it safe and not forcing v3's into v4.

Valid point.  My plan is to get bare essentials working stable then add a few airports and airplanes.  Each time I reinstall, some things get left permanently behind. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DJJose said:

Digital Designs, LOWS did not work. The runway lights were inop and some other lights did not work.

lows works fine in v4.  just need to update sode to v1.5x

Share this post


Link to post

Although slightly off topic, I will share what I'm not installing. Global Vector, it messed up  airport elevations throughout the USA and sucked up more than it's fair share of FPS in FSX. 

Bob

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, BobP said:

Although slightly off topic, I will share what I'm not installing. Global Vector, it messed up  airport elevations throughout the USA and sucked up more than it's fair share of FPS in FSX. 

Bob

Same here...I actually think the P3D native Vector in V4 looks much better than in V3 so I am also skipping that for now.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Same here...I actually think the P3D native Vector in V4 looks much better than in V3 so I am also skipping that for now.

Lol you guys are seriously missing out.. I have Vector installed in V4 and it made a world of a difference to the sim! And NO FPS HIT!!! For me might I add.

But the difference is staggering when comparing coastlines, rivers and roads.. If you have V4, get Vector!

As for what not to install, basically anything that doesn't have a native V4 installer, unless you want to spend more time fixing than flying.. :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, RancidViper said:

As for what not to install, basically anything that doesn't have a native V4 installer, unless you want to spend more time fixing than flying.. :)

I haven't started migrating to v4 but, from what I've heard so far, there are some products that have a native v4 installer and others have v4 patches, right?  Seems dubious to have a v4 patch for scenery since the installation method has changed. 

Share this post


Link to post

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think v4 has updated vector data?

Share this post


Link to post

Good post idea...

SODE (is that what it's called?) Really didn't play well with V4. Kept getting 'stuck' requiring a reboot or log out/log in.

Vector (maybe). I have plateaus on several airports now. Even after running the Vector configuration tool. I also saw a fps hit.

That's it. I suppose dedicated tweaking might solve these issues, but, I'm tired of tweaking. 

Otherwise, I haven't used V3 once since V4 came out.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm fine with my installs. Maybe the only thing I would regret was using AS16 Beta which may have caused some issues, but the release version has no issues for me. Installing an old SODE exe may have caused issues, but 1.53 has no issues. I;m of the thought that anything that is updated for v4 seems to be working FOR ME.

 

Also Vector is updated for v4. The annoying plateaus are present but it does a great job with the scenery at no FPS FOR ME.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this