Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

New aircraft! TDFi 717 or CJ700/900?

I am thinking of buying a new aircraft. Both great for Delta V. The TDFi 717 looks the nuts! and I am not keep on Aerosoft aircraft. 

If you have the TDFi 717 would like to hear your feedback. No sure I need anymore on the CJ but if anyone has both it would be good to hear.

Am all ears :)

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I am also keen on the TFDi Design Boeing 717, but I am going to wait for the Cosford 2017 Flightsim Show before buying it. TFDi Design are exhibiting at the show, and I am hoping that there will be a discount :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I am thinking of buying a new aircraft. Both great for Delta V. The TDFi 717 looks the nuts! and I am not keep on Aerosoft aircraft. 

If you have the TDFi 717 would like to hear your feedback. No sure I need anymore on the CJ but if anyone has both it would be good to hear.

Am all ears :)

Thanks.

I was thinking about opening a topic with the same question, Thanks David:)

Same doubt... What do I buy?

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I don't have the 717 but I did buy the crj. 

CRJ will be a winner for sure in another couple of service packs. The next one due soon will be a big update I think. 

Overall, I think it was released before it was ready. But, its flyable and like I said, has huge potential. With Hans Hartman as the dev, I have no doubt the bugs and issues will be squashed. 

So really, it's DA addon not an Aerosoft one. At least originally. 

• Upvote 2

I have both but only very few flights in the CRJ. The 717 is really great and I can recommend it to everyone. But I think you will end up getting both, because both are great. Buy the 717 for now and give the CRJ a little more time to mature. The 717 had its problems as well but is pretty stable now.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Both will be must have for p3d v4. Right now they are a work in progress. All you have to do is visit their forums to verify for yourself.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Crj is a much more basic aircraft to fly without autothrust. 717 gives a great look at McDonnell Douglas at its best as the 717 used the MD-11 Autoflight system.

Both have a place in anyone who interested in the different way manufacturers work.

717 is about as advanced as you can get being light years ahead of 737 and several features better than Airbus.

MD did a great job with the Mad Puppy.

Get both if not and you prefer manual flight go Crj if you dont get the 717.

Darren Howie

I have both and regularly fly each of them. Both are of high quality and can be very much recommended.

The CRJ currently has a few quirks, but nothing that would stop me from enjoying it. As in RL, the CRJ does not have auto-throttle, so you need to keep an eye on the speed. On the other hand, it has a great little tool that fills in v-speeds and enables you to set all kinds of parameters. I also think the CRJ is a bit more sensitive to speed during approach than the 717. I had some issues with the 717 in its earlier stages (CTDs) but now it flies great. I think it is a matter of taste which one you should get. You can't really go wrong with both.

Peter

For me, the TFDi blows away the current CRJ.   Not just in relation to the bugs with the CRJ (such as the aircraft failing to follow the FMS nav course accurately), but in overall immersion, sounds, VC texturing, etc.

A lot of people research the TFDi and read old posts from last December when it was released - with a lot of bugs.    Since then, TFDi literally push updates (via their excellent, automated addon manager) twice a week and the aircraft is absolutely fantastic now IMHO.  It's matured exponentially since release.  It flies beautifully!

At this point - there's really no competition.

• Upvote 7

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Well That seals it Bill.

This might not mean anything to many people but all my flights are done on the VA's below.

Also I only fly from addon airport to addon airport. 

Delta V have a huge amount of flights I could do with the 717 even more so with code share with Air France gives me euro flights as well. The CRJ flight don't tie in at all or very little at best. 

I do like the idea of manual flight but the 717 fits my needs far more even the routes available to be though Delta v are great. Lots of great short routes with my airports.

I will come back to the CRJ when it's had a few updates.

717 SOLD :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@Nyxx - Did you own the PMDG MD-11 back in the day?    Because the only significant learning curve for the TFDi is the automated flight modes - being nothing like a Boeing or an Airbus (eg. Profile mode, instead of VNAV or MANAGED CLB).   If you were accustomed to the MD-11, you'll feel very at home in the 717. 

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Aerosoft have just announced some hotfixes for the CRJ which might(!) be released next week. If they make a new full installer it will take a few more days until it's available from other vendors' sites. I'm hoping it will be "more flyable" then, but even then some systems should receive a more comprehensive servicepack to bring them up to the standard the CRJ is aiming for.

With the B717, unfortunately I've been experiencing short pauses (about one per second). I tried their full public release and after that opted into their beta program, and tried most of the fixes discussed at the TFDi forum, but currently I cannot really fly the B717. It looks, though, as this may be a local problem with my system and/or some of my addons do not play nicely with the B717.

Overall, the B717 currently seems way more mature than the CRJ (which obviously was released only some three weeks ago, so ...).

19 minutes ago, JYW said:

(...)  If you were accustomed to the MD-11, you'll feel very at home in the 717. 

If not, the PMDG MD-11 manuals are freely available from their website, including two tutorials and a few conversion notes for Boeing people (in their intro doc). Those may help, especially since the TFDi documentation is very ... sparse.

Also, somewhere in the TFDi forum there's a link buried that leads to a more comprehensive B717 documentation. A quick search over there should bring it up.

• Upvote 1