Mitch24

FsLabs A320 or PMDG 777

Recommended Posts

Going to buy a new airplane... which would you guys buy?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Both.  But if not both, pick the one that suits the type of flying you prefer, long haul or short/medium haul.  Both are excellent.

Edited by regis9
Typo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I'll echo that. Decide what sort of trips you want to fly and go from there.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Both.  But if not both, pick the one that suites the type of flying you prefer, long haul or short/medium haul.  Both are excellent.

Agree, you cannot go wrong  :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post

You can’t go wrong, but the v4 version of the A320 is proving to be very taxing on people systems. So if you’re a heavy 3rd party airport flyer, you may get more manageable performance from the 777. I get very good performance with the PMDG birds, but at 3rd party airports am 10-20 FPS in the A320

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

You can’t go wrong, but the v4 version of the A320 is proving to be very taxing on people systems. So if you’re a heavy 3rd party airport flyer, you may get more manageable performance from the 777. I get very good performance with the PMDG birds, but at 3rd party airports am 10-20 FPS in the A320

Really? What are your specs?

Share this post


Link to post

Totally  different a/c. Impossible to compare. They are both excellent. It's up to you, which one atrracts you the most.

However, the FSL Airbus is by far the most advanced and high-end aircraft the simming world has ever seen... No other a/c comes close. (Nope, no one)

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post

I been reading a lot about the fsl airbus and and theirs a lot of different opinions on the frame rates, most I have read is that it is rough on frame rates and I like to fly with at least 30% ai and detailed airports of course I have to be reasonable with the graphic sliders.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Totally  different a/c. Impossible to compare. They are both excellent. It's up to you, which one atrracts you the most.

However, the FSL Airbus is by far the most advanced and high-end aircraft the simming world has ever seen... No other a/c comes close. (Nope, no one)

Cheers.

I keep hearing people say this but they never explain why

Isn't PMDG pretty much the same to the real aircraft??

Share this post


Link to post

I run My PMDG 747,777.NGX settings with the A320, vsync on trippleB 30HZ 4K

it hold 30fps as with the PMDG.s hard to say but can be a little harder but not 30%

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ESzczesniak said:

You can’t go wrong, but the v4 version of the A320 is proving to be very taxing on people systems. So if you’re a heavy 3rd party airport flyer, you may get more manageable performance from the 777. I get very good performance with the PMDG birds, but at 3rd party airports am 10-20 FPS in the A320

+1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I keep hearing people say this but they never explain why

Isn't PMDG pretty much the same to the real aircraft??

Yeah but the 320 feels like the real thing, while the 737 (i take the 737 because i've never been into a 777 or 747) feels a bit more... how can i put it... 'more plastic'. I mean it doesn't feel as realistic. Nobody explains why because it's really hard to put it into words - The simulation is there, it's faithful and bla bla bla, but it also goes that step further in bringing the immersion into your house. The sounds, the lighting, the environment it creates - It's stunning!

Share this post


Link to post

Simple really. The 777 is 34 FPS

One guy even posted the FSL Wrecked his P3D....well it turned out to be his PC was clogged up with dust. Good PC running well see below.

 

On 17/10/2017 at 9:44 PM, Nyxx said:

OK here is a like for like test.

The hardest hitting FPS gate I know within P3D = Aerosofts EGLL Gate 539, facing all the airport and London. No AI, NO weather.

Setting I use.

serttings.jpg

PMDG NG = Can see in screenshot 36 FPS

NG-36-FPS.jpg

FSL A320 = 32 FPS

32-fps-fsl.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm thinking about getting the A320, but from what i'm getting the performance is rubbish

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

I keep hearing people say this but they never explain why

For me, the sound is incredible. I own all three PMDG 7XXs and they don't even come close when it comes to sound. Ground Handling/Taxi in the A320X is the second to none. The PMDG's seem 'floaty' and it's like theres no weight to them, not so in the A320X. The Majestic Q400 comes a close second here.

The FBW system in the A320X 'feels' amazing (granted, I've never experienced the real one, only read Airbus docs) but it acts exactly as you would expect and it's really easy to hand-fly. Autoflight is also smooth and precise and once you know your FMAs, it all becomes really intuitive (get hold of an Airbus A320 FCTM and read though it, it's only a couple of hundred pages but it's a brilliant primer for the A320X) This is something PMDG wins on. Documentation (which makes sense, given their roots)

Now, don't get me wrong, I still love the PMDG stuff. I'll jump into the NGX again when I want a change and the 747 when I want something long-haul (not such a fan of the 777 to be honest) but the A320X replaced the NGX as my 'main' for the foreseeable future.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Ebs said:

For me, the sound is incredible. I own all three PMDG 7XXs and they don't even come close when it comes to sound. Ground Handling/Taxi in the A320X is the second to none. The PMDG's seem 'floaty' and it's like theres no weight to them, not so in the A320X. The Majestic Q400 comes a close second here.

The FBW system in the A320X 'feels' amazing (granted, I've never experienced the real one, only read Airbus docs) but it acts exactly as you would expect and it's really easy to hand-fly. Autoflight is also smooth and precise and once you know your FMAs, it all becomes really intuitive (get hold of an Airbus A320 FCTM and read though it, it's only a couple of hundred pages but it's a brilliant primer for the A320X) This is something PMDG wins on. Documentation (which makes sense, given their roots)

Now, don't get me wrong, I still love the PMDG stuff. I'll jump into the NGX again when I want a change and the 747 when I want something long-haul (not such a fan of the 777 to be honest) but the A320X replaced the NGX as my 'main' for the foreseeable future.

Good points. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Simple really. The 777 is 34 FPS

One guy even posted the FSL Wrecked his P3D....well it turned out to be his PC was clogged up with dust. Good PC running well see below.

 

HI David thanks for the pics even better do you know the fps hit with ai??

Share this post


Link to post

They're both excellent, and both run as smooth ( and smooth as silk ) in my old i5 2500, with P3D v4.1.

I couldn't chose one in favour of the other, from the flight simulation PoV. From a personal taste PoV though I would pick the A32x.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

They are both Excellent products IMHO, I have 0 issue with either as far as performance is concerned.

I use the A320 more as it is better for short haul stuff and it's a joy to fly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Both great. But I would really like to have FS2Crew for the A320 :-)

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Both great. But I would really like to have FS2Crew for the A320 :-)

Is there any plans for one?

Share this post


Link to post

Both!!!  The a320 is bloody amazing,  I've just got 2 problem

1. Mrs Tooting is back tomorrow night and I'm going to get asked "what did you get up this weekend" and I'm going to have to lie my face off,  as I've hammered it with A32x flights for 3 days solid and done nothing else!  

2. I'm meant to be fixing the shower  and defrosting the fridge by tomorrow and I havnt done that either!!! 

Buy both dude... But make sure it's the a320. 

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, sultanofswing said:

They are both Excellent products IMHO, I have 0 issue with either as far as performance is concerned.

I use the A320 more as it is better for short haul stuff and it's a joy to fly.

This sums it up very well.

Share this post


Link to post

Does the A320 have cabin announcements as I hear in many of the videos??

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mitch24 said:

I keep hearing people say this but they never explain why

Isn't PMDG pretty much the same to the real aircraft??

Everything in the FSL A320 is just a little bit more wow than in PMDG airliners, when you hear its engines crank up, that's a good example, you will go 'wow' and it is a little bit scary from that point of view because you sort of think, 'yup, this is realistic, I'd better learn this thing properly'. From a technical standpoint, it does model more stuff too, so it's more complex, and that is also why you are likely to see a bit better performance of your sim with a PMDG airliner. But when you crank the FSL A320 up and see it and hear it, you're likely to understand what people mean when they say that stuff. Having said that, I don't know anyone who would fail to be impressed with PMDG's efforts, so it's not like you could go wrong anyway.

All that aside, as others have pointed out, the Cripple Seven and the Scarebus are two very different aeroplanes in terms of what they are suited to in terms of trip distance and destinations, so that should be your guide as to what kind of flights you like to do and which would best suit that. It's kind of difficult to tell when you look at them in isolation, but if you've ever seen an A320 parked next to a B-777, then the size difference tells you all you need to know; the fuselage of an A320 is about the same diameter as one of the engines on the 777.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now