Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

On ‎30‎.‎1‎.‎2018‎. at 6:03 AM, KL Oo said:

I got this today as well. NTDLL as the faulitng module. FTX Global and UTL (but no traffic at time).

Don't recall getting one before, happened as I was about 100m from the Canadian coastline between EDDF and KIAH. PITA!

i got it yesterday, but over Labrador also from FRA to IAH in 747. Wasn't ntdll this time, but stackhash error. The other day flew from MUC to IAD in 777 no error. Also the route went south of Newfoundland.  Go figure.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

On 2/1/2018 at 6:25 PM, tooting said:

Are you guys all using the 777???

No, I was using the PMDG 747 at the time of my last one. 

Very odd scenario. Not really sure what I can isolate to try and troubleshoot the problem. The suggestion of a GSX restart is one I'll try but I'm doubtful. The only other addon I've really got running is FTX Global. 

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

It happens with both widebodies, 747 and 777. I thought first that my overclock was unstable, not, then faulty AI models and flightplans (my last three crashes over Labrador area happened on VATSIM), unchecked Vector and NorthAmericaLC and still it happened.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

2 hours ago, tooting said:

both using the 777-200 ???

The first time i had the E30°-crash i was indeed flying the 777. But during testing i used the stock Bonanza and the F16 and the crash happend also so i can exclude the 777 as causer.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Simmer of the Year award goes to whoever can solve this one for once and for all!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Any of those experiencing crashes using Navigraph Simlink (even if you aren't actively using it, is the plugin installed)?

• Upvote 1

Disabled Vector, no change.  Approximately the same spot.  Disabling Vector used to be my go-to solution in FSX:SE, guess not anymore in v4

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

49 minutes ago, tumtiddle said:

Any of those experiencing crashes using Navigraph Simlink (even if you aren't actively using it, is the plugin installed)?

Not using it nor is it even installed. Something else must be going on in the Canadian CTD Death Zone.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, tumtiddle said:

No.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I’ve experienced the issue with and without simlink running

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Had this same crash approaching Labrador yesterday while flying on the PMDG 744 from FRA to YYZ. The event viewer did report that it was an NTDLL module failure. Strange...

Nicolas Matus Sepulveda

My Specs: Windows 10 Pro 64x // Intel Core i7 4770K // 32GB @ 2400 Mhz Corsair Vengeance // Asus Maximus VI Extreme // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI // 500GB SSD and 2 TB HDD // Prepar3D v5 // FlightSimLabs A320-X, CaptainSim 767 and PMDG 737NGX - 747 QOTSII  // My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vader7472 - My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/vader7472

I'm still hell bent on timezones here is the area they are happening in the - 3.5  time zone area 

14ppkc-6.png

33 minutes ago, tooting said:

I'm still hell bent on timezones here is the area they are happening in the - 3.5  time zone area 

I think it has to be something with the default software that is a carry over from the FSX days. People report a lot of the times it's with PMDG planes but I think that is only because they are really the only game in town for long haul aircraft. Once say the Aerosoft A330 is released people will get them with this as well. People also get it with default aircraft as alluded to earlier in this thread. 

If it is a time zone bug, we need to reference this thread over at the LM forum so they can look into it. An ntdll error with this CTD is very likely a memory management corruption issue. The sim looks for something, doesn't find it and bam, to the desktop you go. I'm away so blasting this out via my phone.  So if somebody can do the heavy lifting and get this shipped over to Lockheed Martin that would be appreciated.

• Upvote 2

Eric 

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I think it has to be something with the default software that is a carry over from the FSX days. People report a lot of the times it's with PMDG planes but I think that is only because they are really the only game in town for long haul aircraft. Once say the Aerosoft A330 is released people will get them with this as well. People also get it with default aircraft as alluded to earlier in this thread. 

If it is a time zone bug, we need to reference this thread over at the LM forum so they can look into it. An ntdll error with this CTD is very likely a memory management corruption issue. The sim looks for something, doesn't find it and bam, to the desktop you go. I'm away so blasting this out via my phone.  So if somebody can do the heavy lifting and get this shipped over to Lockheed Martin that would be appreciated.

For once we might agree on something here eric 🙂

I however don't think LM will be interested.  This bug has been around since version 3.0

They can easily buck pass here and say its another addon and they could be right.  

It was this same area when the bad drivers where around 2 years ago that would suddenly drain your Vas and oom.  Here and the south east of England crossing the channel towards Holland. 

I brought it upback then and they didn't care, hell I got one of my numerous bans for even merely suggesting that there is and was an issue in that area. 

14ppkc-6.png