Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

10 hours ago, downscc said:

Good luck with that approach, do you think you have convinced LM to do a "deep dive" into their code to solve a rarely reported problem? I haven't seen this reported in the LM forums yet.

I've reported it three times and poppet banned Me once for it.  Trust me they know.  But you'll never ever ever get them to admit it.  Sure they will say they are fixing timezones, but they sure won't say that their product is defective and crashes when flying around newfoundland.  Imagine the Canadian Air force wanting to buy 500 licenses and LM admitted that the area in question wasn't up to standard.  As I always say,  'its not about right or wrong it's about money'   Google the scene from 'The Wire' and chicken mcnugguts.  It's no different 

14ppkc-6.png

10 hours ago, tooting said:

But you'll never ever ever get them to admit it.

Trying to maintain civility here, it might be that they do not see the evidence to support your time zone hypothesis.  My message that I keep trying to prevent from getting buried in emotional response is that one might be able to build an evidence based case and provide a set of conditions where the event can be predictably reproduced.  I am aware that the argument that not everyone experiences the event is not proof the problem does not exist, but it is something you need to be able to accommodate in the evidence. So far I don't see a solid case, that is all I am suggesting. Get more data.

Dan Downs KCRP

Be interesting to see if the 4.2 patch has fixed it.  There quite clearly Dan is an issue,  you can sugarcoat it all you want with a waffle of a reply like the one you've written.  You can't narrow it down to a way point, you can narrow it down to a runway or a tree or a building.  But there's no other place on the globe where people get random ctds in such an area.   Its been narrowed to a specic area its happening to alot of people and the issue is real. 

Sure we all know flying into London, la and San Francisco is an absolute dogs dinner if you've orbx and a detailed aircraft. 

But this Ia quite a few people In a specific area with a CTD problem 

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

I don't fly long hauls so don't have this issue.  I had one in the FSX, v3 days over Oregon.  Certainly not a timezone issue, i believed it was a memory leak issue but who knows.  But just reading through this i find some are fine in v3 and others had the issue.  Sounds like more have it in v4.  

Has anyone tried this with no addons running?  Default everything and i mean default everything.  Or default everything except try different payware aircraft?  

Its safe to say from seeing hundreds of aircraft flying this route on a daily basis on VATSIM and probably offline as well that its not a widespread problem.  Yes its a problem but not for the masses.  

I know its frustrating for those who do have it especially Pete.  But until you have resolved its a inherent P3D issue you can't blame LM.  

So did 4.2 do the trick?  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

30 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

I don't fly long hauls so don't have this issue.  I had one in the FSX, v3 days over Oregon.  Certainly not a timezone issue, i believed it was a memory leak issue but who knows.  But just reading through this i find some are fine in v3 and others had the issue.  Sounds like more have it in v4.  

Has anyone tried this with no addons running?  Default everything and i mean default everything.  Or default everything except try different payware aircraft?  

Its safe to say from seeing hundreds of aircraft flying this route on a daily basis on VATSIM and probably offline as well that its not a widespread problem.  Yes its a problem but not for the masses.  

I know its frustrating for those who do have it especially Pete.  But until you have resolved its a inherent P3D issue you can't blame LM.  

So did 4.2 do the trick?  

Do you work in IT by any chance?? 

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, tooting said:

Do you work in IT by any chance?? 

Ooooh this is gonna be fun.  No, why?  I help put warfare systems on US Navy aircraft carriers.  

My suggestion is just the same one every AVSIM admin has always given to seemingly unsolvable problems.  Start from default and slowly one by one put addons back in.  If problem is seen in default you can torch LM all the live long day but until you have determined that i'm not sure its justifiable.  I'm obviously not defending LM but as we've seen with every issue in the flight sim world it can be any combination of things.  Every users system is different, they run different addons, different background apps....thousands of combinations.  Just saying before you go full tilt to make sure its reproducible by the dev.   

• Upvote 2

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

11 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Just saying before you go full tilt to make sure its reproducible by the dev.   

Some posters were blaming Orbx scenery (e.g. Vector or Global) for these CTDs, but then people were chiming in who didn't use any Orbx products. I've been following this issue over the past few months as a fellow sufferer, and the only common denominator for the Labrador crash seems to be the use of P3D...

And no, I won't be carrying out a full scientific test over the course of days by activating addons in turn. Who has time for that? Do you (and John, I don't just mean you, I know others have said this too) really think that's a reasonable thing to ask users to do before they even have the temerity to suggest to LM that it maybe looks like, based on the totality of reports, it's a core sim problem and hey, maybe they should do some testing?

James

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, tooting said:

Its been narrowed to a specic area its happening to alot of people and the issue is real. 

Why doesn't everyone just pretend its a big static cyclone and route around the general area when they plan. It'll add a bit more realism and fun to proceedings too.  That's a joke of course but it is a logical way around the issue.  Avoid Labrador.

I'd have no problem testing over days, but part of the problem is that even those of us who get the crash, don't necessarily get it 100% of the time. I had a CTD in essentially the same spot three straight flights using the flight plan I posted a week or two ago.  Then I followed that up by two flights with no issues. Frustrating to say the least. 

14 minutes ago, Chaos81 said:

Then I followed that up by two flights with no issues.

Yeah, I get slammed when I suggest the problem is not yet fully defined. But, that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have experienced this crash as well.  Every time I reloaded the lastest autosave (every 10 min), it would crash again at the same spot.  I was running 4x sim rate at the time.  After the next 3 reloads, I turned up to 4x and it would crash.  Then I  reloaded, tried running at 2x, and it passed the spot without crashing.  I then waited about 50 miles then turned it back up to 4x, and it crashed after about 5 mins.  I then reloaded the last autosave, which was beyond the previous save point,  ran it at 2x, and it didn't crash again all the way to KORD.

Alan

Guys I continue to have this CTD in P3D v4.2 with no FS Real Time or Time Zone Fixer installed. This is my last location as recorded by Aivlasoft EFB before the crash occurred: 

wb8dba.png

Can anybody else confirm that the CTD over Labrador still occurs in P3D v4.2? 

I can. Had it yeterday, about on the same place as you.

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. Has anyone tried a route from somewhere in Greenland to this area to see if it can be re-created on a shorter flight?

Were you flying at normal sim rate when the crash happened?  It only crashed for me when I was using a 4x sim rate.

Alan