Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

P3D 4.1 CTD near Labrador

On 2/18/2018 at 1:12 PM, Bardia said:

This is getting a bit ridiculous now. How come LM is unable to solve such a basic glitch? This is the busiest intercontinental route in the entire world and most of the time active NATs pass right above the doomed territory. 

Not everyone gets CTD...so nothing to be fixed....I am flying regularly and all good....and not accelerated...and if you go at the begging of this tread I even twitch-ed...

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

On 18/02/2018 at 9:23 PM, Bardia said:

Yeah someone said earlier in this thread they’ve reported the issue in LM forums only to get banned by a moderator. That’s how they solve the issue - shooting the messenger. 

That was me.  I've lost count how many times I've brought it up. 

14ppkc-6.png

10 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

P.S. AND SIGN YOUR NAME! THAT IS THE RULE

I like it when people play Internet Forum Cop and try to enforce rules that don’t exist. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

AGAIN, first sign your name...So be a man.

etc. etc. etc.

Alex, did you really make a detour to come into this thread to tell the people trying to solve a problem they all have that you don't have the problem (so stop complaining already!) and then within the space of an hour proceed to:

1) give people wrong information about what this forum's rules are (hint: you're thinking of the PMDG forum), and

2) start swaggering around and telling people to "be a man"?

Don't you have anything better to do?

James

• Upvote 1

There are no rules to sign your full name in AVSIM Forums.  Only the PMDG Forum.  The forum "cop" has been issued a warning for his abusive conduct to some members in this topic. 

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

There are no rules to sign your full name in AVSIM Forums.  Only the PMDG Forum.  The forum "cop" has been issued a warning for his abusive conduct to some members in this topic. 

I’m guessing he didn’t truly mean to abuse anyone, including me, it was just the fact that he genuinely thought if a problem is limited to a few people then that problem doesn’t exist. Hopefully he’ll put this experience to good use in the future. 

6 hours ago, Groovy_Kincaid said:

I am not a P3D user yet and I have been following this thread with interest.

I cannot test and this is all conjecture on my part. This part of the world, assuming that P3D has the correct time zones in place, is unique. According to timeanddate.com, Nuuk is a half hour ahead of Newfoundland & Labrador. Newfoundland & Labrador is a half hour ahead of Atlantic Canada. Atlantic Canada is an hour ahead of Eastern US. 

Interesting, I knew about Newfoundland having half hour time zone (as someone who,lives the next time zone over) but I wasn’t aware that Greenland also has them...interesting and that could be what links two otherwise unsimilar areas.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

21 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Interesting, I knew about Newfoundland having half hour time zone (as someone who,lives the next time zone over) but I wasn’t aware that Greenland also has them...interesting and that could be what links two otherwise unsimilar areas.

I’m originally from the rock.

• Upvote 1

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

Just received this same CTD in 4.2 now as well.  Doesn't appear to have been any chance on my system either.

Near AVUTI intersection, FL340 in the PMDG 777.  Will start collecting any additional data I can think of and rerun this test a few more times.

EGLL CPT UL9 KENET UN14 OKTAD LANON UL18 LIPGO CON AGORI 6020N 6130N 6140N 5950N AVUTI N696A YDP N710A ROUND N714A SSM PAITN4 KORD

Edited by CaptKornDog

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

1 hour ago, CaptKornDog said:

Just received this same CTD in 4.2 now as well.  Doesn't appear to have been any chance on my system either.

Near AVUTI intersection, FL340 in the PMDG 777.  Will start collecting any additional data I can think of and rerun this test a few more times.

EGLL CPT UL9 KENET UN14 OKTAD LANON UL18 LIPGO CON AGORI 6020N 6130N 6140N 5950N AVUTI N696A YDP N710A ROUND N714A SSM PAITN4 KORD

List all your addons please 

14ppkc-6.png

Yes I'd like to see his add-ons too. 

Before he does that -- I would like to post in this thread, to add to others reports, that I did a flight a few days ago, westbound EINN to KMSP in a DC10-30, with no problems.   Now, I will have to fly the same route with the PMDG 777.  The route I took was a direct / GPS / great circle routing.  I didn't use an NAT.

I run ORBX FTX Global, Vector, LC NA, LC Europe; PTA; ASP4 + ASCA; Flightbeam KDEN, FSDT KMEM, PMDG 777, JF/CLS DC10. 

I do not run FSUIPC presently.  No timezone mod, no FSRealTime.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I'd like to weigh in here, for what it's worth...

I was having the exact same problems (soooooo frustrating!! I feel your pain) but then I read somewhere to try Driver Booster to update all my drivers.  I'm still not 100% sure (fingers crossed I'm not jinxing myself) but I haven't had a CTD over Labrador since.  I've done maybe 5-6 fights so far?

I used the free version 5.2 - did upgrade to paid version.

Anyway, my very sincere hope that this helps in some way - it's such a pain of an issue, and no one seems to have any kind of grip on what's going on.

- Daniel

9 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

I'd like to weigh in here, for what it's worth...

I was having the exact same problems (soooooo frustrating!! I feel your pain) but then I read somewhere to try Driver Booster to update all my drivers.  I'm still not 100% sure (fingers crossed I'm not jinxing myself) but I haven't had a CTD over Labrador since.  I've done maybe 5-6 fights so far?

I used the free version 5.2 - did upgrade to paid version.

Anyway, my very sincere hope that this helps in some way - it's such a pain of an issue, and no one seems to have any kind of grip on what's going on.

- Daniel

Are you using the 777 Daniel? 

14ppkc-6.png