aviator48

747-8 price $ 325,000,000.00

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

No, this is the usual PMDG's way. Before an addon gets released, it appears with the price of the real aircraft.

It has been like that for all new addons.

Be informed that PMDG requires the posts to be signed with full names on their forum.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it’ll speed up development if someone pays it, want to start a money pool?:biggrin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one appreciate that PMDG does this as it regularly generates new threads on avsim about it.

That and it's not wing flex or split scimitar-related discussions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PopsBellNC said:

AND, that's List Price. I guarantee Boeing would let one go for $280M!

Ok, i'll buy directly from Boeing then. Do they accept paypal?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Woozie said:

Ok, i'll buy directly from Boeing then. Do they accept paypal?

A direct wire of the funds is preferred, Boeing wouldn’t want you charging back that amount of cash now would they?:biggrin:

They have some undelivered -8s sitting around, so you could probably get it for a lot less than $280 million if you’re a shrewd negotiator.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents,

We have done this for... gosh... twenty years or so now.  It is a little inside joke between us and our long-time customers.

You would be amazed how many people reach out to the support team to let us know that the price is too high.  :ph34r:

We often joke that "we only need to sell just one" but this did indeed happen a while back.  (not on the 747-8...)  Fellow working from his mobile thought he saw a product go live and hit the purchase button.  He had sufficient funds...

It took some deft work on our part to get the transaction unwound without any service fees from the financial institution- but fortunately everyone involved had a sense of humor about it and was none-the-worse for the wear afterward.

So if anyone ever tries to tell you that PMDG has never given a refund- we have.  Once.  And oh what a refund it was.  :biggrin:

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys, 

do we know of a release date for it yet on FSX se? 

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. PMDG never gives release date.

For info, they require that all posts be signed with full names on their forums.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do we know of a release date for it yet on FSX:SE?

Another little gem of a question that gets asked on a frequent basis. Bless him :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, guernseu_guy said:

Hi Guys, 

do we know of a release date for it yet on FSX se? 

Cheers 

SOONTM

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we all pitch in, we could probably afford it. 

You know - a time-shared 747 :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 6:44 PM, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

We have done this for... gosh... twenty years or so now.  It is a little inside joke between us and our long-time customers.

You would be amazed how many people reach out to the support team to let us know that the price is too high.  :ph34r:

We often joke that "we only need to sell just one" but this did indeed happen a while back.  (not on the 747-8...)  Fellow working from his mobile thought he saw a product go live and hit the purchase button.  He had sufficient funds...

It took some deft work on our part to get the transaction unwound without any service fees from the financial institution- but fortunately everyone involved had a sense of humor about it and was none-the-worse for the wear afterward.

So if anyone ever tries to tell you that PMDG has never given a refund- we have.  Once.  And oh what a refund it was.  :biggrin:

 

 

Wow he had the funds....in case anyone is wondering it was not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DrJ1 said:

Check is in the mail.   Don't cash it until Tuesday

What year? :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OH! S*** and I started crowdfunding for it.😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 3:44 PM, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

We have done this for... gosh... twenty years or so now.  It is a little inside joke between us and our long-time customers.

You would be amazed how many people reach out to the support team to let us know that the price is too high.  :ph34r:

We often joke that "we only need to sell just one" but this did indeed happen a while back.  (not on the 747-8...)  Fellow working from his mobile thought he saw a product go live and hit the purchase button.  He had sufficient funds...

It took some deft work on our part to get the transaction unwound without any service fees from the financial institution- but fortunately everyone involved had a sense of humor about it and was none-the-worse for the wear afterward.

So if anyone ever tries to tell you that PMDG has never given a refund- we have.  Once.  And oh what a refund it was.  :biggrin:

 

 

I almost just woke up the whole house laughing. Thanks for making my night! 😂

Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 11:44 PM, rsrandazzo said:

So if anyone ever tries to tell you that PMDG has never given a refund- we have.  Once.  And oh what a refund it was.  :biggrin:

 

 

What a great post! Didn't see it until today. Well done for helping the customer out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now