Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25APR18] New Product Reveal at FlightSim Expo'18 - Las Vegas 09JUN18

Well it`s not an aircraft the hint is A PRODUCT LINE more than one item??.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

This product has been percolating in the background at PMDG

I've cracked the code!

Percolate.....coffee.....bean.....stalk....

STALK

The product will be a brand new Simulator for the purpose of Training And Licensing of our Kinsmen! :gaul:

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Usually just a daily forum lurker, but spending a year on match.com many years ago and having to read very carefully between the lines of various profiles to generate a reply that would stand above the crowd, I got quite good at picking things apart.  Thus, my useless analysis:

"...unveiling a new product line that is so closely held, nobody outside of PMDG has seen it, heard of it, or even been made aware that it exists.  This product has been percolating in the background at PMDG since mid 2008, and we have finally reached a point where we feel the product is ready to carry our vision of PMDG’s products into the future."

I interpret the "...since mid 2008" to mean it's been a fairly large project...10 years in the making...and obviously very "hush hush" as it were.

I interpret the "...product is ready to carry our vision of PMDG’s products into the future." as the single most useful piece of info, as "carry", i.e. carry the products into the future, would seem to imply a new simulator platform.  After all, what "carries" current PDMG products: XPLANE, Prepard3D, and FSX.  The base simulation carries the aircraft add-ons.

In another thread I speculated it was a crash-physics package that would give us all more than the "bounce" vs. "everything freezes with a simple 'crash' message".  We could use something in-between and it could also be applied across the existing and upcoming product lines.

I likely have it all wrong, but....I'm now seriously thinking of taking the girlfriend out there (we haven't been to LV in years) and checking everything out.  I will see what her school/work schedule looks like that week (I like to spend 4-5 days at a time in LV- some say it's a bit much but I have yet to get bored there, and that after roughly 8 trips).

Regardless of what this new product line may be, I'd bet dollars to donuts that we're all going to be thrilled.

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 2

Mark,

So.

Girlfriend.

We intuit that you succeeded in your efforts to read between the lines in all those Match.com profiles?  😎

• Like 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I made out like a Bandit, Mr. Randazzo!   Finally settled on the current one.

Mark Trainer

• Upvote 1

ACES Studios, was closed by Microsoft in Jan of 2009.

Rumors of their demise, were already circulating in 2008.

2008  .........

Is it possible that PMDG might have seen the potential problem of losing a simulator like FSX at that time, and decided to develop their own?

Can you imagine how wonderful/realistic/immersing it would be to fly a PMDG product on a PMDG Simulator?

June will tell.

Roberto

• Upvote 1

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

I’m hoping to make it. Depends on my unpredictable work schedule, but fingers crossed.

I will be there and I'm looking forward to finally meeting the legendary Capt Randazzo, the guy who has enabled countless hours of quality sim time for me (and also so much pain in all those upgrades I just HAD to buy to go with his products, haha).  Hoping this announcement is the cockpit builders edition, but I'm sure I'll be thrilled with whatever it is.  Bring it on!

Tony

Just registered 🤗

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

I'm very excited to hear what this will be.

Baring the PMDG moniker, I'm sure it will be top-notch.

Could it be a new flight sim platform? 10 years? Looking forward to whatever it is. 

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

+1 for a livestream.  Unfortunately, due to a family obligation, I'll have to be traveling on June 9th - not to Vegas but to Philadelphia, the Vegas of the North.  Or, actually, slightly to the northeast.  And not really that much like Vegas, when you think about it.  So, really, not north and not like Vegas.  So... 90 minutes mostly to the northeast and nothing remotely like Vegas...

So... yes... livestream.  Could you?

Well as it is a way  to carry the heavy burden of the future of PMDG it may be that it is the Antanov........

bit hard to fit the 747 in but I guess with decompillation and a bit of Assembly we may get there.

Harry Woodrow

Or maybe with Dovetail abondoning FSW PMDG have managed to scoop up the rights to the MS platform now and for the future evermore.

Harry Woodrow

7 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

We are a bit more than seven weeks out, but I wanted to make a specific mention of the show, and specifically of our presentation at the show, because it is going to be unlike anything PMDG has ever done before, and we think it will be unlike anything you have ever seen at an event related to simming.

At previous events, I have stuck to the script of giving a review of where we are and where we are headed along with a bit of Question & Answer tacked on the end.  Sure, we will do all of that, but it will take up only a minimal amount of time in the larger scale of our presentation.  Instead, for this presentation at the FlightSim Expo’18 event, we will be focused primarily on unveiling a new product line that is so closely held, nobody outside of PMDG has seen it, heard of it, or even been made aware that it exists.  This product has been percolating in the background at PMDG since mid 2008, and we have finally reached a point where we feel the product is ready to carry our vision of PMDG’s products into the future.

Sooo... A new product series will be launched, unveiling PMDG will be going into the performing arts? 😁
(Where better to announce this, than Las Vegas?)

Unfortunately I won't be able to come... Can't wait to hear more in detail about this.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471