Dreamflight767

REX Worldwide ARPTS HD TO BE released

Morning:

Per their forum:

"REX WORLDWIDE AIRPORTS HD - STATUS UPDATE: PRE-DEPLOYMENT PHASE

7/28/2018 -

We are VERY excited to announce that we will be releasing Worldwide Airports Technical Update 3 on Wednesday, August 1st.  This will be a mandatory update for all users of Worldwide Airports.  This update will include the compatibility fix for P3D v4 +.

The official fix list will be released on Monday.

For more direct discussion follow us on our dedicated discord channel:  https://discord.gg/2BvRRda"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Excellent news.

I've been using this as part of the Insider Program for the past couple weeks.  I have found renewed interest flying into some default airports which I usually never do (at least not since the last version of this was out in V3).  It's quite fascinating and a treat to see 50-60 fps on final approach!😄  The textures do look nice as well, especially at night. Great add-on for those that still like to use the default airports every once in a while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

I've been using this as part of the Insider Program for the past couple weeks.  I have found renewed interest flying into some default airports which I usually never do (at least not since the last version of this was out in V3).  It's quite fascinating and a treat to see 50-60 fps on final approach!😄  The textures do look nice as well, especially at night. Great add-on for those that still like to use the default airports every once in a while.

Good to hear!

Will this update also work in P3D version 3.4?

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Will this update also work in P3D version 3.4?

Bob - This newest version is V4 compatible and the existing version works fine in V3. You should be able to install to either version of P3D  I have not noticed any difference in the overall visual quality of the textures vs. the V3 version but I know they had to completely redo them for V4.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jstorey20 said:

Looking forward to this update been a long time coming

Yeah, about 15 months now. 

• Upvote 1

Has anyone got a link to the change log? Rex's "wonderfully simple to navigate" site is proving difficult for me. I suppose what I'm really asking is if it's anything more than just a v4 compatibility update.

The P3d4 service pack is now available. Run the app and it will start to download the SP. It's 8.5 GB!

I went into the app, and it installed a Hotfix/ I am not sure this is the update. Now it is installing KSLC airport.    I had to register the app again so make sure you have your receipt or you are out of luck. I had to  reinstall all my settings, at least I hope that is what happened. Sorry I bothered with this, it was fine before. Now I see on the link above there is a whole file that is telling me I need to unistall Rex HD Airports and reinstall it. This entire process is as clear as mud, . 

Edited by Bobsk8

Well there forums say it shouldn't be released until tomorrow.

But I did read the instructions in the link provided by Bill and can't say I understand.  Is the download a full install?

12 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Is the download a full install?

That's how I read it. Downloading now. Going to uninstall current and install new installer. File name: rexwwa_20180725.zip. (8.5 GB) The final installed build should be:  5.1.2018.0725

Edited by Bills511

3 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Well there forums say it shouldn't be released until tomorrow.

But I did read the instructions in the link provided by Bill and can't say I understand.  Is the download a full install?

When I first opened the Rex HD aiport tonight it said I needed to install a hotfix 1, which I did. After I did that, I had to reregister the program with serial number, name, etc. That only took a few minutes. Then I looked at the Technical update link, and it gave the this info after you install the update. ( The final installed build should be:  5.1.2018.072)  Well I looked, and I still had a version that was installed in 2016, so the hotfix apparently has nothing to do with this update. Now I am downloading the complete update which is 8.1 Gigs, and at the rate it is downloading, It should be complete by tomorrow morning. I looked at the change log, and if you don't have P3D version4, the fixes look pretty minimal. Not sure I noticed any of these issues with my P3D version 3.4 , so I may just pass on installing this new version. 

FIX ITEMS

Fixed - Theme saved without theme name validation during theme creation.

Fixed - Clicking Airline hangar Install Now button caused all other textures to fail to install

Fixed - Fuel truck sound missing in P3D v4.0, 4.1, 4.2

Fixed - Original model sounds not restoring

Fixed - Medium hangar texture not installing when clicking Install Now button

Fixed - Autostart of flight sim after theme installed

Fixed - Wording of popup window during backup process of the original flight simulator files.

Fixed - Thank you window registration process not showing.

Hmmm...So if I understand:

-Uninstall REX

-Download link from Bill's page and install.

-Download and install hotfix 1

-But where did you get the "complete update"?

I downloaded from the link and my version is 5.1.2018.0725.

Did not install anything other than what was from the link. Kinda confused...

if you bought it from the REX shop just download the new version .copy your serial number and paste when asked for it.took me about 10mins from start to finish.looks great and makes default airports look really nice.

steve

Can this new Rex Worldwide Apts software be installed in another drive other than that where P3D is located?

35 minutes ago, ega said:

Can this new Rex Worldwide Apts software be installed in another drive other than that where P3D is located?

There was no problem installing on a separate drive previously.  Mine was.  Don't know if they changed installers.  

3 hours ago, steve howlett said:

if you bought it from the REX shop just download the new version .copy your serial number and paste when asked for it.took me about 10mins from start to finish.looks great and makes default airports look really nice.

steve

My guess is if it only took you 10 minutes, you don't have the new version installed. Took me many hours to download the update. Anyway, looking at it this morning, it looks like it is 99% for P3D V4. If you had it set up before update, might be a good idea to copy all your preset settings down, if you liked what you had, because they will all disappear. I'm not convinced that it is worth the trouble to install the update for P3D V3.