Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

CaptainSim 757 Freighter released, maybe?

4 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

Does this add-on play nice with FSDreamteam's GSX2?  I know Captain Sim has their own custom cargo loader animation built into this, but if you want to use the loaders from GSX or the dock loaders built into FSDT's Louisville scenery, does it work?  Or does CS' implementation of their own loaders make third party ground handling a problem

Bob, to answer your questions, for a kick off, I do not have GSX2, only the original, and yes, CS non-freighter models, RR and PW, do work fine with GSX at various airports including FSDT's that I have tried it so far from. Catering, fuel truck shown in %age refuel, and baggage loading, push-back services all worked fine.

Another one i'm skipping. Ridiculous prices just aren't for me. I don't mind paying FAIR prices though.

• Upvote 3

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

4 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Bob, to answer your questions, for a kick off, I do not have GSX2, only the original, and yes, CS non-freighter models, RR and PW, do work fine with GSX at various airports including FSDT's that I have tried it so far from. Catering, fuel truck shown in %age refuel, and baggage loading, push-back services all worked fine.

By baggage loading, are you referring to loading of freight containers via the high-lift loaders?  That's what I'm really wondering about...ULDs through the main cargo door.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 minute ago, w6kd said:

By baggage loading, are you referring to loading of freight containers via the high-lift loaders?  That's what I'm really wondering about...ULDs through the main cargo door.

Regards

Bob, in case you may missed what I wrote, I do not have the freighter and will not be getting it just as I decided to give Aerosoft's DC-8 on sale, a miss too, solely because my hangar is far more full than I have the days to spare. So, sorry, that part of your question I cannot answer.

50 minutes ago, Le Français said:

I saw this quote and he absolutely nailed it! 

I've got three words for him...."Don't buy it" or wait for the Christmas sale and get it for $9.  As for me, I'll be flying it tonight, thank you.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

I've got three words for him...."Don't buy it" or wait for the Christmas sale and get it for $9.  As for me, I'll be flying it tonight, thank you.

+++1, well said Robert. It's called Freedom of Choice, not what he said she said.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Nice one, Robert.

What gets me is the 'Moaning Brigade' sprouting up here comparing what PMDG charge for the full plethora of aircraft this and that v/s what CS choose ,,,,,,,,,,, to charge. It's like, I go past a Rolex dealer, and my eyes water at what some Rolexs cost, but surely isn't up to me as a buyer, to choose whether I want to cough up 10-20 years worth of savings on one tiny timepiece, or go elsewhere where I can get another timepiece for a fraction of that Rolex cost that will still do the same job-------tell me what time it is!

Likewise, we too have the choice, either just stick solely to PMDG stable, or, be adventurous and try some other developers. And this from someone with a full stable of PMDG stuff dating back to their FS9 days.  But at the end of the day it's me that chooses where to go and buy this or that.

Here in the UK, we used to have shoppers moaning that they could buy this and that on the Internet much cheaper than the traditional High Streets. Guess what? The High Streets are gradually dying a slow death, while at the same I have lost count of how often I have heard the plaintive cry, 'wish they had a branch in town so I could just go and change it at lunchtime, instead of having to take a day off to wait for the courier to deliver the replacement'.

And the same will happen if we through our myopic rants v/s CS, etc, etc one day---I hope not---lose small developers, and their products are no more.

There, I have said my piece. I will shut shop!😂

Ha, ha..."The Moaning Brigade". It's so true.

I also have ALL of PMDG's aircraft, but I have enjoyed Captain Sim since I bought his C130 for FS9.

If I don't want a developer's product, you won't see me on Avsim belly-aching about something I don't want and won't get.

If I talk about it on the forums it will be to get help with something that is not working right for me, or to say how much I'm enjoying it.  A product has to be really, really bad for me to want to "warn" people not to buy it.

I will never complain about the price.  People make up their own mind about that.

I got a bug in my tail that I wanted "Oakley" sunglasses, so I paid about $700 for a pair.  My wife calls my really cool Oakley sunglasses, my "Oaky-Doky" sunglasses.  Kind of takes the "cool" away 😎

But, heck, it's my $700 to do what I want with.  I don't need someone telling me that I shouldn't buy them.

• Like 1

All I can say to that, Robert, is you and I are on the same hymn sheet!

Oakley, eh? Saw them on sale at the Duty Free in Dubai. Would love a pair but as I am one of those that pops into a store, takes them off and leaves them on the counter and realises when it's far too late..................guess I'll envy you from afar😎

41 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

I got a bug in my tail that I wanted "Oakley" sunglasses, so I paid about $700 for a pair.  My wife calls my really cool Oakley sunglasses, my "Oaky-Doky" sunglasses.  Kind of takes the "cool" away 😎

But, heck, it's my $700 to do what I want with.  I don't need someone telling me that I shouldn't buy them.

Oh man... I would sit on those and crush them within 10 minutes -- or if I didn't my dog would.  $10 Walgreen's cheapies for me.

You are missing out on the Aerosoft DC-8.  However, I understand your point.  I would love to have a 757F in my sim, but, when am I going to fly it?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

You are missing out on the Aerosoft DC-8

I have heard so many good things about it, but tempting as it is............

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

when am I going to fly it?

.................precisely, There are only so many hours in a day one can use free time. Factor in a 8-5 job, and that free time is smoke(didn't mean I smoke😁)

Edited by vc10man

Of course if you have Xplane, the Flight Factor 757 Pro Ext for XP-11 is USD$92 for the -200, -200F and 300 with both RR and P&W engines included. And that's not even a sale price. You pay double that for the same with CaptainSim, albeit with a few more engine and fuselage options. In fact I rekon you could buy XP11 and the FF757 and still save money! Us P3Ders are mugs, I'm still exclusively with P3D, I must enjoy getting my wallet punished 🤣

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Yup, if i was actually just kicking myself for investing in the Captainsim line in order to get to the freighter when I could have gone the Flight Factor route in X-Plane instead.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Can someone help please & explain how I load the cargo weights into the FMS?   I see where to load the weights but just not how. I can't seem to find any explanation in the manuals.

Thanks

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

7 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Can someone help please & explain how I load the cargo weights into the FMS?   I see where to load the weights but just not how. I can't seem to find any explanation in the manuals.

Thanks

I just go to FMC Menu and select the options for cargo, passenger, and fuel weights.  Quite comprehensive.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

Oh man... I would sit on those and crush them within 10 minutes -- or if I didn't my dog would.  $10 Walgreen's cheapies for me.

You are missing out on the Aerosoft DC-8.  However, I understand your point.  I would love to have a 757F in my sim, but, when am I going to fly it?

I just always wanted a pair of Oakleys.  I'm not sorry.  I like them.  I also have some cheapies that I use for work, but my Oakleys are prescription lenses.

I'm not missing out on the Aerosoft DC8.  I have it. I just haven't had a chance to fly it yet. Familiar problem?