penta_a

Where is Rob Ainscough?

havn't seen any post from him lately, and his topics are not available (or I couldn't locate any), what happened?

he used to post a very informative topics and very valuable discussions frequently.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah just tried search function and nothing.😬

His last YouTube video was Jan 6th.

Edited by YMMB

Beta testing 4.5 most likely.

• Like 1

Rob has probably withdrawn active participation here. Too many know-it-all's trying to tell him 'how it is' with P3D. 

• Like 4

I've always enjoyed reading Rob's posts - very informative.
One of the most knowledgeable people around the flightsim community.

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Rob has probably withdrawn active participation here. Too many know-it-all's trying to tell him 'how it is' with P3D. 

Exactly

The general consensus is, that my opinion is the only true and valid one! 😄

• Like 1

All the best to Rob and thanks for all contributions..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

I was about to start a similar thread. Pity. Once again the few spoiling it for the majority. We shoud start a petition to convince him to return. Forums not the same without his input. Regards.

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

+++1

There's a possibility he's over here in England helping setup a mega computer for a flight sim enthusiast.

10 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Forums not the same without his input.

In these parts, Rob is like the Gandalf of the Shire.  

• Like 1

Rob has been known as an avid advocate of Prepar3d. The latter is certainly in danger to loose the leading role it had once, and for a reason, so he may well has left in frustration. Which I share with him.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There's a possibility he's over here in England helping setup a mega computer for a flight sim enthusiast.

That is corrrect .... 😎

And that person is not on holidays..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GSalden said:

That is corrrect .... 😎

I’m not naming names as it wouldn’t be appropriate but he was definitely coming over in February. I just posted to try and allay fears he’s deserted the community.

I could be wrong of course but I’m reasonably confident I’m not.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

ahhhhhh.  So no P3D 4.5 anytime soon.  word not allowed..

I've bookmarked some older posts of Rob. Therein his contributions are now as guest account which means he left AVSIM imo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

More seriously, I recall him looking for possibilities to relocate to Norway after retiring, which must have been around the present time. So he may have just changed location, and perhaps not only location but "points of interest", too. But in this case he certainly would have told us. I've just found his whole profile is gone here.

I hope it's nothing worse...

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Reading through that  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167990-p3d-v44-te-gb-south-performance-problems/

Just makes me sad. 

Rob's a great guy and has huge respect here, seems he has very little over there ......if he only stopped looking at the FPS^^.... it is shameful some of the replies.

Robs a great guy who knows not only what he is doing but shares his work. Top guy.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5

+1 for me too.

Although indirectly Ive had great running SIMs because of Robs help, hints and vids.

Hope he’s ok.

IM

• Like 1

always liked his posts and info

Look here to one of his latest videos about P3Dv4.4 and its PBR capabilities on the MaddogX. Something to be proud of about P3D:

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Reading through that  https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167990-p3d-v44-te-gb-south-performance-problems/

Just makes me sad. 

Rob's a great guy and has huge respect here, seems he has very little over there ......if he only stopped looking at the FPS^^.... it is shameful some of the replies.

Robs a great guy who knows not only what he is doing but shares his work. Top guy.

Wow, Rob certainly does not mince his words but I am sure he is just doing his best to help the rest of the community as always.