Sign in to follow this  
Ezra

QW787 Only Gets Better

14 hours ago, Luke said:

That makes no sense. There's no reason why QW is not allowed to release improvements in graphics and sounds until the FMC is perfect.

I'll try that with my boss on Monday - I'm not coming in to work or doing anything until our top corporate priority has been addressed! 🙂

Cheers!

Hi Luke, I hope all is well with you!

I would make sense to you, however, you are forgetting the extremely LONG history of this very problem with QW. Check the VNAV operation of the QW 757. 🤢

I'm talking about what is right, not what is "allowed". We are allowed to do many things, but not everything is right. 👨‍🎓

If I were your boss, I would have you working on the top corporate priority, since you are all caught up. I have done this kind of thing many times with chores at home as a kid, and at work helping other departments/employees, delegating or doing whatever needs to be done. Cooperation is the theme and it is good. Crew Resource Management is very much like it; for me this is natural common sense even as a young child. In context, this is for the good of the customers, the business, and employees. 

If LNAV/VNAV operation in a home based simulation was in its pioneering stage (which was decades ago), then we should leave room for learning. But even so, we flight simmers did not make QW state the claim on the feature list or set the study level price.

QW needs to develop a new or different approach to its A/P systems programming. Get somebody else (even a QW texture artist) to at least look at it, maybe a lightbulb moment will happen. But if they keep doing it the way you suggest (release improvements "until the FMC is perfect"), VNAV will never work as stated in the 787 feature list- just like the 757.🤮 

Yes, QW is allowed to do whatever it wants. I wish QW well, so I urge them to do what is right (at least try something new/different), because I care. PBR will not help them.

I remember when I and a few others "made no sense" calling for 64-bit long ago and was ignored, and laughed at, with many posts deleted. So, I understand why I make no sense to you. I call for what is good and right, yet difficult and not ordinary.

I hope I makes sense to you now.🙂

8 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

This is NOT a PBR only update, I think many of you will be pleasantly surprised some of the things we are including in this update.

Thank you Emil for joining the conversation. 

You have an opportunity to correct me and others personally; is LNAV/VNAV fixed in this upcoming release? This need not be a secret.

PBR is being promoted as being the highlight, but A/P systems need to be the highlight, for they are among the basic fundamentals of operating a 787. We all know this to be true.

If the Autoflight systems are fixed (not just improved again) in this upcoming update, I will gladly buy the 787.😃

• Upvote 1

The update will be out soon enough and you'll have your answer....

It might be time for the mods to consider locking this one down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am keen to get this plane when the funds are available. It's just a bit smaller than the PMDG 747 and 777, so I will be able to get it in and out of a few more airports than those two.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

59 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

It might be time for the mods to consider locking this one down.

I really hope they won’t! The discussion has been pointed but civil (and highly substantive) and we’ve just had a very helpful intervention from the developer that we would not have gotten if this thread didn’t exist.

James

• Upvote 5

Have to admit I was disappointed by how buggy I found the 787 when I bought it, I ended up getting a refund and now wait until it's at an acceptable level before I will risk purchasing again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pracines said:

Cooperation is the theme and it is good. Crew Resource Management is very much like it; for me this is natural common sense even as a young child.

The concept that seems to be getting lost in the fighting is that people who know how to make pretty drawings on the computer are not always, or even often, the same people who know how to program. 

I'm pretty good with Photoshop myself, but anything beyond Logo or ultra-basic BASIC is beyond my skillset. If I were your texture artist, you'd be pretty foolish to have me start working on fixing a programming error, because if I did anything to the code I would just make things worse.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, eslader said:

The concept that seems to be getting lost in the fighting is that people who know how to make pretty drawings on the computer are not always, or even often, the same people who know how to program. 

I'm pretty good with Photoshop myself, but anything beyond Logo or ultra-basic BASIC is beyond my skillset. If I were your texture artist, you'd be pretty foolish to have me start working on fixing a programming error, because if I did anything to the code I would just make things worse.

I agree that some have certain "singular" talents, but I'm not talking about a texture artist actually fixing the problem, I'm talking about sharing ideas to help. For example, a texture artist eventually runs into problems that perhaps a systems programmer could "relate" a systems programming problem to and the systems programmer could help with an analogy of sorts.

I just want QW to get the A/P systems right, whatever it takes, because I want to buy that 787 from them.  🙂

I have just watched a handful of YouTube videos of the Quality Wings 787, and thoughts of going without food this week are starting to enter my mind.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I have just watched a handful of YouTube videos of the Quality Wings 787, and thoughts of going without food this week are starting to enter my mind.....

Go for it. It`s a nice aircraft. Just needs a little hands on like most add-ons.

4 hours ago, Ezra said:

Go for it. It`s a nice aircraft. Just needs a little hands on like most add-ons.

Totally agree. FPS could be better and I agree the VNAV has some tweaks needed but remember...you ain't gonna get another 787...

I am surprised by the long posts people are writing, and then end it with "...if it all gets fixed I will purchase it...". At least own it first before posting here.

One thing I would like is to have the winds data download available via simbrief like the PMDG aircraft have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

4 hours ago, ShezA said:

I am surprised by the long posts people are writing, and then end it with "...if it all gets fixed I will purchase it...". At least own it first before posting here.

I owned it for a week and requested a refund for the first time in 18 years of flight-simming. Also own PMDG full batch, the Maddog and FSL Bus. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ShezA said:

I am surprised by the long posts people are writing, and then end it with "...if it all gets fixed I will purchase it...". At least own it first before posting here..

Totally agree.

5 hours ago, ShezA said:

Why should you only be allowed to post an opinion on a principle issue once you have committed funds to a flawed product?    To say that you will financially support a company if they deliver a product which does what it's supposed to do, is a good faith and fair statement.

Automated modes of flight is exactly what this aircraft is designed to do in the real world.  If the simulation doesn't reflect that or is outside of reasonable parameters then it is not a reasonable simulation

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Why should you only be allowed to post an opinion on a principle issue once you have committed funds to a flawed product?    To say that you will financially support a company if they deliver a product which does what it's supposed to do, is a good faith and fair statement.

Automated modes of flight is exactly what this aircraft is designed to do in the real world.  If the simulation doesn't reflect that or is outside of reasonable parameters then it is not a reasonable simulation

Except that it is not a flawed product and if you have not experienced it then you are misleading others with your (unsubstantiated) opinions. There are an equal number of people (like me) wondering what the problem is...

Best to just keep out of this thread if you are not a user of the product.

Edited by ShezA
  • Like 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

4 minutes ago, ShezA said:

Except that it is not a flawed product. There are an equal number of people (like me) wondering what the problem is...

I flew it once and packed it away.  As it has been pointed out there were issues with holding a VNAV profile and I had issues with it overshooting the TOC point and then subsequent parabola behavior after.  If you are saying this now fixed then that's cool and I'd be happy to try it out again.

Importing winds aloft data - is this possible?

• Like 1