F737NG

TE Netherlands - updated

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Calling all Dutch simmers (and anyone else who owns it, obviously), a 1.23 GB download for v1.10 of TE Netherlands has been released.

Contains fixes for the following:
 

Quote

Patch for TE Netherlands is now available via FTXC3. The AFS2 version is currently being finalised at the moment.

This patch has the following fixes:

1. Added greenhouses

2. Fixed high sheds

3. Many AGN adjustments.

4. Fixed wrong wind turbines

5. Added 47 lighthouses

6. Greenhouses, sheds, lighthouses added to CP

7. KMZ file included for lighthouse locations


@GSalden It's finally here!

On 2/8/2019 at 4:31 AM, GSalden said:

I will wait till they first have released the SP for True Earth Netherlands, which lots of people are waiting for for 10 months now..


I've just installed it and am trying it out now. Hopefully it fixes all of the biggest problems people have had with it.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the heads-up, but one question please. I just tried to download it and it flags up with a not enough disk space. Can I not download it onto a drive with nearly 1 TB hard drive space?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for the heads-up, but one question please. I just tried to download it and it flags up with a not enough disk space. Can I not download it onto a drive with nearly 1 TB hard drive space?

If you haven't already done so, check that your temporary download location is actually on your drive that has the sufficient space.
You can amend this location in FTX Central by clicking on the 'Settings' button, then go to 'General', 'Temp Download Location', 'Choose Location'.

It defaults to where your Windows temp file is located (usually on C:/) which may not have enough space to download and extract.

Failing that, raise a ticket over at ORBX's forums.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for that tip. Just downloading now after changing the drive to download. Now, when it comes to actually running it in P3D, which is on the C:\ but as TE Netherlands requires 73-odd Gb of hard drive space, can it run from where it is currently being downloaded to? If not, then it was a pointless buy.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, F737NG said:

This patch has the following fixes:

1. Added greenhouses

2. Fixed high sheds

3. Many AGN adjustments.

4. Fixed wrong wind turbines

5. Added 47 lighthouses

6. Greenhouses, sheds, lighthouses added to CP

7. KMZ file included for lighthouse locations

Ooo! Can't wait. :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that tip. Just downloading now after changing the drive to download. Now, when it comes to actually running it in P3D, which is on the C:\ but as TE Netherlands requires 73-odd Gb of hard drive space, can it run from where it is currently being downloaded to? If not, then it was a pointless buy.

I have all my Orbx stuff successfully running from a separate drive. Are you familair with symbolic links and how they work? There is some information about this on the Orbx support forums but you need to register first.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Looking much better, for sure!

:smile:

Share this post


Link to post

After the update my FT Amsterdam has lost buildings and the altitude isn’t correct anymore ( sinkholes ) ...

Share this post


Link to post

Orbx had messed up my scenery.cfg file ( like FTX Central always does ) but luckily I had a backup ...😎

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Orbx had messed up my scenery.cfg file ( like FTX Central always does ) but luckily I had a backup ...😎

In what way does FTXC mess upp your scenefry.cfg?

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Orbx had messed up my scenery.cfg file ( like FTX Central always does ) but luckily I had a backup ...😎 

The funny thing is it had never really done this to me until yesterday. It appears there was some funny interaction between FTXC's scenery.cfg entries and the packages I had defined in P4AO using the add-on.xml method. Enabling "Enforce strict package law" has cured it so far, but the parallel existence of the two methods is bound to cause problems, I'm afraid...

BTW, does this mean that after fixing your scenery.cfg the updated TE NL is working fine? I've been on the fence about this one for quite some time. How does it look with the improvements they added?

Cheers,

Tym

Edited by tymk

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Ian S said:

I have all my Orbx stuff successfully running from a separate drive. Are you familair with symbolic links and how they work? There is some information about this on the Orbx support forums but you need to register first.

Thanks  again, for that. I have vaguely heard of 'symbolic links' somewhere before but have no idea or have long-forgotten how it/they work. But will take a look.

As it was a 73 Gb download, left it doing so overnight

17 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

In what way does FTXC mess upp your scenefry.cfg?

Good question before I do that 'symbolic link' tip.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

In what way does FTXC mess upp your scenefry.cfg?

Jack

the Swede in Spain

FTX Central puts all Orbx scenery automatically at the top of the library.

So in my case Schiphol airport then was lower in the scenery library and therefore had issues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, GSalden said:

FTX Central puts all Orbx scenery automatically at the top of the library.

So in my case Schiphol airport then was lower in the scenery library and therefore had issues.

 

Gerard, theres a setting in FTX Central that allows you to place orbx scenery at a specific place in scenery.cfg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Gerard, theres a setting in FTX Central that allows you to place orbx scenery at a specific place in scenery.cfg

Hi Kevin, can I devide Orbx scenery over multiple places with that settings. I remember ( not sure ) that all Orbx scenery stays together.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GSalden said:

FTX Central puts all Orbx scenery automatically at the top of the library.

Have you tried using the "FTX entries should be inserted below" option in FTXC settings? I always use one scenery entry that must be above Orbx as an "anchor" and set FTX to insert its entries below it, then I place all other stuff above it. Using this method, other installers normally place their entries above my "anchor" and FTXC keeps its entries below it.

HTH,

Tym

 

Edited by tymk
Kevin beat me to it ;-)
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

The only other option is the placement of openLC entries, so you can keep these separate, but other than that, the Orbx entries do stay together.

Share this post


Link to post

Help please!! Why has my C:\ drive which had a 110Gb free space last night before I started the TE Netherlands download, all of a sudden gone to red showing less than 20Gb space remaining when I set that Orbx TE Netherlands to install in a 1TB free space backup drive?

If you guys can shed light on this major headache for me, I'd be grateful, otherwise it's time to shed TE Netherlands in the bib if this is what it does!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Help please!! Why has my C:\ drive which had a 110Gb free space last night before I started the TE Netherlands download, all of a sudden gone to red showing less than 20Gb space remaining when I set that Orbx TE Netherlands to install in a 1TB free space backup drive? 

If you guys can shed light on this major headache for me, I'd be grateful, otherwise it's time to shed TE Netherlands in the bib if this is what it does!!!

I don't think you can set it to install on another drive, Orbx scenery always goes into your P3D installation folder. I suspect you only moved the temp location (which is where the installer keeps the downloaded files during installation).

They are working on an FTX Central update to enable installing scenery packages on different drives (which is becoming pretty much necessary due to the size of the TE products), but for the time being, you'll probably need to move TE NL manually from the Orbx folder within the P3D folder to the separate drive and use the symbolic link method.

Tym

Edited by tymk

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Help please!! Why has my C:\ drive which had a 110Gb free space last night before I started the TE Netherlands download, all of a sudden gone to red showing less than 20Gb space remaining when I set that Orbx TE Netherlands to install in a 1TB free space backup drive?

If you guys can shed light on this major headache for me, I'd be grateful, otherwise it's time to shed TE Netherlands in the bib if this is what it does!!!

Pretty easy to do with a symbolic link 😉

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Hi Kevin, can I devide Orbx scenery over multiple places with that settings. I remember ( not sure ) that all Orbx scenery stays together.

No you cant divide it up into multiple parts in scenery.cfg using FTX central.  I place mine above bathemetry with FTXC then use LorbySI addon manager to make further changes :)

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, awf said:

Pretty easy to do with a symbolic link 😉

Yes symbolic links will work.  You can either use a single link to the Orbx folder location to put all the Orbx scenery on a different drive, but you could easily use further symbolic links to cause different folders within that to be installed in completely separate drives as well.  It can be as complicated or as simple as you want to make it.

Share this post


Link to post

Kevin, the enlightener, thanks for those words of encouragement.

Next question, please talk me through this 'symbolic link'. Where do i either download it or if not required, how do I implement it? Do i have to Orbx's Forums to get a files, etc, etc? Thanks if you can 'enlighten' me further.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Kevin, the enlightener, thanks for those words of encouragement.

Next question, please talk me through this 'symbolic link'. Where do i either download it or if not required, how do I implement it? Do i have to Orbx's Forums to get a files, etc, etc? Thanks if you can 'enlighten' me further.

Its remarkably easy, as I recall, although I dont remember how I did it now 😛 Google will be your friend here (I'm on my phone so cant look a great deal up)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maketecheasier.com/create-symbolic-links-windows10/%3famp

 

If you are a member of Orbx forums there is a tutorial there showing how to set up a symbolic link.

Edited by kevinfirth
Link added

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now