Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

Orbx Great Britain South

I'm having so much fun with Orbx's Great Britain South. I made up a little round-robin route ... Popham-Fairoaks-Old Warden-Elstree-Damyns Hall-Mayfield-Shoreham-Popham ... bought the corresponding airfields, and am making my way around the circuit. Flying over the beautifully rendered English countryside and finding the fields, most of which are grass strips, have really added a spark to my GA flying in XP.

Well-done, Orbx.

The "XP Expat", John

• Like 4

I’d recommend getting hold of a U.K. CAA VFR chart, you can discover lots of little known,hard to find grass strips and farm strips. The amazing thing with the X-plane version is someone in the community has probably been in already and inserted some airfield features.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Hi John,

I did pretty much the same thing in the wonderful free Robin.  I started at EGKC Bognor and followed the coastline in a clockwise direction.  Flying between 700 and 1000' I found some great tiny airfields with Little Nav Map showing me the way.  As an extra bit of fun I would take off 30-45mins before Dusk and do my best to find a suitable landing runway, as close to the Sun disappearing below the horizon, as I could.  Great fun 😄 I think I finished this particular 'Tour' at EGOV RAF Valley.  That was a lot of Flying Club flights for my VA.

It’s out already for X plane GB south I believe 

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

You guys have Central or North?

They worth it also?

(Sale this weekend on the regions is why I ask - South was 50% off, but only 30% off C and N)

Central and especially north are the most beautiful.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, irrics said:

You guys have Central or North?

They worth it also?

(Sale this weekend on the regions is why I ask - South was 50% off, but only 30% off C and N)

Anyone got TE GB South XP & TE GB South P3D.

Is one discernibly better than the other as regards scenery visual  quality from say 5,000'?

(Given this is an XP forum I suspect the answer will be XP, but interested if users can spot differences that they think make one better than the other)

T45

I would say XP screenshots reveal it more lively (vibrant) than similar shots in P3D - as viewed on the Orbx forum.  The sale prices appear to be based on recency of release but the other two will probably be 50% on a later sale.

• Like 1

olderndirt and others,

Thanks for the mention of the sale. I bought the Southern Britain program as a result. I did a short hop out of Southampton EGHI in a Robin. The scenery was very well done and frame rates were better than expected - 45 fps. In tight turns I had some stutters. But, a good buy overall. Thanks again.

Jim Morgan