Sign in to follow this  
Thomasso

The best traffic and ATC combo?

Hi, 

I've been flying offline for quite a long time, but the empty world is becoming a little boring for me.

I definitely want to buy the Ultimate Traffic Live, as it looks like the best traffic add-on currently available. 

But I feel like only a traffic add-on won't be very useful because I will have no idea about the surrounding traffic (no ATC). So I want an ATC software that will control the UTL traffic. 

What is the best combo for P3D 4.5 at the moment? 

Thanks, Tomas 

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

3 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

I definitely want to buy the Ultimate Traffic Live, as it looks like the best traffic add-on currently available. 

Please don't, waste of money with their abysmal support.

Check this out;

It's free and far superior.

• Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

UTL is the best traffic program that you can currently throw money at to get marginal AI, but it's nowhere near to what you can have with AIG's AIM for free. 

• Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi

I would definitely second AIG for traffic, but in my opinion there unfortunately  isn’t really a good ATC programme that does all that is required. 

Regards

G

• Like 1

I second the use for AIG! 😉

• Like 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I'm thoroughly enjoying flying with PSXseeconTraffic, and Lorby has a nice one as well (Lorby Live Traffic).

Aircraft you see are their real world counterparts, flying the actual routes including SIDs and STARs.  Liveries are courtesy of FLAI (which are outstanding).  I also fly on VATSIM.

There are a few things in development to improve all this, but i wouldn't look for any of the to mature to Beta Stages for a couple of years (please don't ask, I can't say anything else).

Best wishes!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Huh, I had no idea about the freeware option. Thanks guys, I'll definitely look into it! 🙂

So there is no viable ATC software compatible with that? So how do you know that you can land or takeoff if the ai isn't controlled? How do you avoid an airplane entering the runway when you're on final? 

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

PROATC works fine with UTL. Ive never heard of AIG either but I may check it out to see if PROATC works with that.

34 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

So there is no viable ATC software compatible with that? So how do you know that you can land or takeoff if the ai isn't controlled? How do you avoid an airplane entering the runway when you're on final? 

In case of PSXseeconTraffic you don't need an ATC software package and would not even work. The AI is controlled by real live ATC! In some countries you can listen to live ATC in real time as well.

If you take the place of a real live aircraft in the queue for landing (the block call sign option in PSXseeconTraffic), the real live traffic controller will not let an aircraft enter the runway until you have landed.

Nico Kaan

developer of PSXseeconTraffic

Edited by kiek

So I have downloaded the AIG just now and I am a bit confused. I have no idea what to do. Is there some kind of a manual for the installation? Where are the plane models, repaints, schedules?

Thank you for the advice 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

You run the AI Manager (current version is 0.9.0.3). After settings are completed click "Online" then "Available Online" choose a prominent "Airline" (of your favorite airport) within "Not Installed" and the AI Manager will do the rest: Installs the fllght plans/traffic.bgl and all necessary aircraft models  (with  several variations of the chosen airline). It also places an add-on.xml which activate airplanes and traffic. Repeat for each airline you want to see. Nothing easier than that, when you get used to it.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Just now, Nemo said:

You run the AI Manager (current version is 0.9.0.3). After settings are completed click "Online" then "Available Online" choose a prominent "Airline" (of your favorite airport) within "Not Installed" and the AI Manager will do the rest: Installs the fllght plans/traffic.bgl and all necessary aircraft models  (with  several variations of the chosen airline). It also places an add-on.xml which activate airplanes and traffic. Repeat for each airline you want to see. Nothing easier than that, when you get used to it.

Thanks Harry, seems easy enough 🙂.  I am just watching this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWe3A3mZQ_s

What is the role of the FLAi models?

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

1 minute ago, Thomasso said:

You don’t need models, paints etc the program downloads and installs everything for you. I would recommend using the OCI option. You can select as many airlines as you wish and use the bulk download facility.

Hoe that’s helpful, plenty of advice etc on the AIG forum

Regards

G

Just now, Thomasso said:

You don't need FLAI for the AIG-OCI method. FLAI mainly contains the same models/liveries but no flight plans/traffic files and rather brings confusion and error message (because of same a/c)

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

AIG for the aircraft and Radar Contact v4 for ATC. Both free although I made a decent donation to AIG.

As for the person who said there’s no viable ATC program have you any idea how hard it is to write one? 🙄 I’ve been using RC4 for 13 years and it still does a bloody good job.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather