Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

P3D v4.5 - in VC screen flashes briefly

..It does seem that if your system experiences the issue, you may have to Restore Apply, which appears to reduce the severity with regular properties, but that system must still tick the disable fullscreen enhance checkbox in the desktop shortcut properties. That appears to cure it, but there could still be some other property of the system in the way.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Try with the kneeboard showing or an undocked 2D panel over the VC.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:05 AM, David Roch said:

Hello Doug,

Thanks for this tip.

Will try tomorrow and report here. Touch wood! 😉

Well, I am glad to say that it fixed the issue for me :).

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Just curious, as there’s been so many offered solutions.

1, is there a definitive culprit, is it, windows, Nvidia or P3D?

2, if it’s windows, is this being reported back to them via their MVP help folks?

3, if it’s P3D, have the developers been working on a solution or collaborations with other organisations (windows if it’s pointing to them, or nvidia if them?)

what is clear, more of us seem to be suffering from this bug.

Edited by t-c

Nathan Brennan

13 hours ago, t-c said:

Just curious, as there’s been so many offered solutions.

1, is there a definitive culprit, is it, windows, Nvidia or P3D?

2, if it’s windows, is this being reported back to them via their MVP help folks?

3, if it’s P3D, have the developers been working on a solution or collaborations with other organisations (windows if it’s pointing to them, or nvidia if them?)

what is clear, more of us seem to be suffering from this bug.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me the brief screen flashes started after I updated Windows 10 to v1903.

4 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

I don't know about anyone else, but for me the brief screen flashes started after I updated Windows 10 to v1903.

Like wise, the 1903 update cause severe flashed, so is indicating a windows break somewhere.

as I’m sure more intelligent and programming trained guys use this forum, has this been reported to Microsoft with the hope of them addressing it?

Nathan Brennan

On 7/5/2019 at 1:29 AM, SteveW said:

..It does seem that if your system experiences the issue, you may have to Restore Apply, which appears to reduce the severity with regular properties, but that system must still tick the disable fullscreen enhance checkbox in the desktop shortcut properties. That appears to cure it, but there could still be some other property of the system in the way.

That worked for me! Thank you very much!

• Like 2

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Unfortunately those black flashes are back. I've thought they were gone after disabling full screen optimizations. Too bad. As many others her, I'm convinced that it is an issue with Windows 1903. With the former version of Windows and P3Dv4.5HF,  I've never experienced this problem.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

What to check:

If you are fullscreen and tooltips enabled, and no special settings made in the shortcut properties:

Do you sometimes see flashes when moving the mouse over objects to invoke the tooltip. And if so does the problem go away with another sim widow visible like the kneeboard or a 2D panel undocked?

7 hours ago, SteveW said:

What to check:

If you are fullscreen and tooltips enabled, and no special settings made in the shortcut properties:

Do you sometimes see flashes when moving the mouse over objects to invoke the tooltip. And if so does the problem go away with another sim widow visible like the kneeboard or a 2D panel undocked?

Meanwhile it works. I've disabled "full screen optimizations" and "tooltips" and I followed your recommendations concerning NVCP. So far so good ... knock on woods

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Yes, going to P3D shortcut Properties, Compatibility, Disable full-screen optimisations should cure it.

The defaulted profiles is always a good start, that's why there are varying degrees of success with VSync and TB in P3D settings. Better to do the NCP Restore Apply. That reset's everything properly which is really essential to be sure we are starting out from a known place before making settings.

What is interesting is that without disabling full-screen optimisations in the shortcut, the flashing with tooltip in full-screen VC is killed (no flash) with a kneeboard visible, or an undocked panel, which looks like it could very well be a P3D tooltip problem rather than an odd Windows bug.

Edited by SteveW

Hi,

I've also seen this problem with the Windows 10 update to 1903. Turn off fullscreen optimization has definitely fixed the problem. My NVidia drivers are 431.60 and cockpit tooltips have been activated since then.  Good afternoon

Similarly in FSX, in fullscreen, at the time the popup would display, a momentary pause is noticed rather than a blackout. With 1903 and before in Win10 The UiAutomation there reproduces too many hint updates and can CTD. Placing the 16386 version UiAutomationCore.dll into the FSX folder produces a better result. The menu is often suspected because the rectangles under the menu are being inspected.

Since the kneeboard and other windows eliminate the problem, it could be a hangover from FSX in P3D, or a tightening of some code under the hood in Win10.

Edited by SteveW

On 7/3/2019 at 8:00 AM, simbol said:

B) Enable tipple buffering with Vsync enabled which will also remove the issue.

This just did the trick for me!  Thank you

• Like 1

I have noticed this since installing P3D v4.5HF2 on my new Windows 10 based PC. I do have cockpit tooltips enabled, and I think that I am running in Full Screen mode. Whatever the case, I have not found it to be distracting enough to want to do something about it!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png