Sign in to follow this  
chass32

July 11th development update

Only now i understand "As real as it gets" was a promise. A promise they're really gonna deliver this time.

• Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Depth of Field is only really warranted for screenshots. I certainly would not want depth of field "blur" when I am actually flying. That makes no sense at all (with the possible exception of VR).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Depth of Field is only really warranted for screenshots. I certainly would not want depth of field "blur" when I am actually flying. That makes no sense at all.

The same hoopla erupted when FSX was previewed  in 2005 with one fish-eye screenshot of something.  It's just a screenshot.

• Like 3

So this is an update about an update on the 26th to give an update of the insider program start, and then to update the August September roadmap update. I think they know darn well that we simmers are always asking for .... you guessed it...an update!  Nothing would be better than to keep the community in the loop and frequent updates on progress , features, works in progress.  Would like to hear more about 3PD involvement. If its being ramped up this much, I would think that they have reached or will be reaching major developers very soon to discuss details, and so forth not to mention a very robust SDK. Hey maybe there will be an update about a new updated SDK!

Thats way too many update words in that paragraph. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

10 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

So this is an update about an update on the 26th to give an update of the insider program start, and then to update the August September roadmap update. I think they know darn well that we simmers are always asking for .... you guessed it...an update!  Nothing would be better than to keep the community in the loop and frequent updates on progress , features, works in progress.  Would like to hear more about 3PD involvement. If its being ramped up this much, I would think that they have reached or will be reaching major developers very soon to discuss details, and so forth not to mention a very robust SDK. Hey maybe there will be an update about a new updated SDK!

Thats way too many update words in that paragraph. 

Thanks for updating us on your thoughts.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2

Comparing these 2 images of the quality of the cockpit grapichs really shows some changes in the right direction.

n4aXNKG.png

nsqsHbj.jpg

• Like 5

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

If this is a example of what Microsoft’s in house development team can do with the sim imagine what first line developers, such as A2A, PMDG, FsLabs, Aerosoft will be able to do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png

12 minutes ago, Michael235 said:

If this is a example of what Microsoft’s in house development team can do with the sim imagine what first line developers, such as A2A, PMDG, FsLabs, Aerosoft will be able to do.

Portings of the same addons with the same features, textures, flight models etc etc 😛 Preferably with a higher price and a lenghty post about how many rivets have been faithfully reproduced.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Would like to hear more about 3PD involvement. If its being ramped up this much, I would think that they have reached or will be reaching major developers very soon to discuss details

Me, too. Is P3D going to incorporate any of the new technology from the new MSFS ? or will they in P3D V5? That would be great, unless they are ok with what they have just for training purposes ?

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

19 minutes ago, france89 said:

Portings of the same addons with the same features, textures, flight models etc etc 😛 Preferably with a higher price and a lenghty post about how many rivets have been faithfully reproduced.

And the benevolent offer to re-buy the same add-on with no discount.  For some folks, for a 3rd time.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Michael235 said:

This is exactly what I have been saying for many years. We need to have 3PP move on to much greater heights. The basics (at this point, about 40+ years!! into this) of correct and complete airports with correct elevation, NAV DB, Weather, Seasons, a host of complete aircraft for all interests, people, and weeds (😂), should be standard equipment. Of course this is not a comprehensive list, but we get the idea.

Maybe one day, we could get to the point of a standard flight sim that had very little for 3PP to do, so upward to space was the next step.🖖  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Michael235 said:

Weep. I expect.

The screenshot is very nice, the update didn't provide much information, but at least it gave us hope for some substantial news soon.  I want to know more MS, open the floodgates and let us in!  :)

I hope we get to see more video of the sim in motion soon.  Like show us some bush flying in low population areas please!

• Upvote 1

There's nothing in this. Completely void, an update about an upcoming update? Oh yeah and a screenshot teaser. This is shades of the infamous DX10 preview all over again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Greazer said:

There's nothing in this. Completely void, an update about an upcoming update? Oh yeah and a screenshot teaser. This is shades of the infamous DX10 preview all over again.

It's literally nothing like that given the DX10 preview was specifically labeled as concept art in the bottom corner. We've also seen a full motion trailer. 

Most of us appreciate that they are letting us know when they are rolling more info out instead of just staying silent. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4