chass32

July 11th development update

The MSFS Team updated their web:

JULY 11TH, 2019 – DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

As the team enters the dog days of summer, we’ve been hard at work putting the finishing touches on many of the big updates we’re planning to share toward the end of summer. Our excitement continues to build, as does our impatience to share this information with you. So we press forward counting down the days until we can open the hangar doors and dive into the details with you.

There are many very important topics being discussed in the community (e.g. New Flight Model/IFR-VFR Flight/Weather Simulation Depth/VR Support, etc.). The team is constantly monitoring the feedback/suggestions being discussed and please know that many of these topics and more, will be covered thoroughly in near future updates.

In the meantime, here’s a work-in-progress screenshot, and confirmation that the Insider Program will be starting in early August as part of our development roadmap kickoff.

On July 25th, we will be releasing another update on our plans for August and September. Until next time, know that the team is excited and anxious to share more information with you.

Sincerely

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by chass32
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ah, get it. Christ that screenshot looks good! I actually wondered where the screenshot was when I saw it on their website, thought that was some sort of arty photo. 

• Like 5

That screenshot does indeed look good and it's interesting that they are monitoring the forums.  I hope that they offer us the next gen sim that I'm hoping for!

I had to look again at the screenshot as I honestly thought the picture above the update text was a photo of a cockpit. The suspense is killing me how good this new Microsoft Simulator could be.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Looks good, I hope turboprops get modeled this go around, and also the mixture leaning issue in aspirated engines....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Boomer said:

OMG all the $$ I sunk into P3D...out the window?

Let's hope so, it'll mean the new sim is so good we immediately drop everything else.

Edited by Wildblue
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I see a fantastic looking realistic panel and sunshine!

OMG realistic looking sunshine and lighting! :gaul:

This is going to be awesome! :senyum:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chass32 said:

I had to be logged in to see the new update on their web.

Z6145kO.jpg?1

Interesting pic. I wonder if this has anything to do with Eye Tracking in Virtual Reality (Foveated Rendering). This renders a given scene in high resolution only in the area where the user is looking, while the peripheral area appears in lower resolution and results in conserving processing power.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyone notice the narrow range of focus..?

Looks great on a photo, but how does that work when looking at the instruments in flight?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Looks great on a photo, but how does that work when looking at the instruments in flight?

Most games have a photo-/screenshot-mode nowadays. You can add shaders and photograpic effects, including DOF, before taking the screenshot. 

• Like 6

Yet one more time an ASxxx registration..

Does ASOBO do more than the aircraft?

Where is Microsoft in all this.. :unsure:

Edited by Bert Pieke

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Yet one more time an ASxxx registration..

Does ASOBO do more than the aircraft?

Where is Microsoft in all this.. :unsure:

AS-MGSXX...

MGS = Microsoft Game Studios. 😉

I know it’s not that important in a Serious Simulator, for Serious People - but a proper photo mode with a good range of adjustments would be really nice to have in this sort of game. Seems to be a common feature in games that know they are pretty these days. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I don't think you need to worry about that in the sim Bert, more than likely it's just for the screenshot. It doesn't take away from the fact the modelling and texture work is of very high quality.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dtrjones said:

I don't think you need to worry about that in the sim Bert, more than likely it's just for the screenshot. It doesn't take away from the fact the modelling and texture work is of very high quality.

Agreed :smile:

• Like 1

If you do a google image search of the screenshot it takes you to a list of real photographs taken in a similar, shallow depth of focus way. 

1 minute ago, Superdelphinus said:

I know it’s not that important in a Serious Simulator, for Serious People - but a proper photo mode with a good range of adjustments would be really nice to have in this sort of game. Seems to be a common feature in games that know they are pretty these days. 

Serious simmers do not mind added features for screen shot takers, or added tutorials for beginners, as long as the realism and realistic features are there for us too. We want everybody to be happy as long as it is not at our expense.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3