Sign in to follow this  
JB3DG

What developers want

I'd like to have the ability of importing data from SHP files or directly from Open Street Map without resorting to intermediate conversion software.

I'm one of the developers of OSM World: South America VTP scenery for FS9 (freeware, available here at the Library), so you can see where do I come from.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

My rig: ASUS TUF FX504GD (Intel i5 8300H @ 2.8-4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR4-2666 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050 2 GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD+256 GB 1 TB SATA III SSD as storage, Windows 10 Home)

Saitek X-52 as primary controller. Xbox 360 wired and eDimensional G-Pad Pro wired controllers as standby/travel.

Running FSX-SE as my primary sim, finally, 13 years after FSX's release. Also running FS9 and XP11 Vulkan. Tried MSFS2020, but my rig isn't up to the task. What do I do with 3 sims now?

Realistically, this thread should have been started 2 years ago. I'm sure the formats for all the assets of Dos Equis are already etched in stone. They are pretty far along with development. What I wish, is they would share file format info and any compiling process with us... sort of a pre-SDK, so we can gather the data and the tools necessary for 3rd party production.

• Like 1

What about early access to the SDK (maybe only documention for the beginning) and after that a priority access to the Alpha/Beta to test 3rd party software. Having freeware Addons already working on the release of MSFS would be great 🙂

MS seems to read already AVSIM, hopefully they get active here and in other big Forums as well

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

We need 8.33khz frequency spacing.

• Upvote 6

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Honestly, just need to see what the Sim does first, the ambitions of the developers and foremost and what kind of foundation it provides before considering anything.

Dellanie Byron - FlyJSim - marketing@flyjsim.com

EUx1uxG.png

I like C++, but, please add C#, Python SDK direct or interfaced support.  IMO much faster app development and debugging.
Other MS Studio dev languages also appreciated.

RPN XML is outdated and very limited on FSX/P3D, if it is still used in MS2020, please update and expand it.
(My first RPN apps were written back in the early eighties on a HP41CV using Synthetic Programming)

Edited by RamonB

Ramón.
Time, is the one thing no one can buy.
ovbe94a9nab0bbc6g.jpg

All written before but not to change that much the SDK tools or ability to learni it quick. 

Would be great to be able to develop our airports in productin into the new flight simulator without spend 1 year of learning the new SDK :) 

C++ will be faster as there is no CLR overhead, but agree, I would like to see any .NET language support also as that will bring in more developers.  There is still a demand for C++ developers especially in the entertainment industry, but C# .NET dominates.

I personally don't care (P3D PDK is very fast as it's C++ based), it's just syntax ... but whatever Microsoft decide on, please provide sufficient and complete and accurate documentation, WORKING samples from start to finish (not partial samples), and not a CHM file.

I'd like all the files to be encrypted binary on deployment ... or at least have a choice to deploy that way so as to protect our work.

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

C++ will be faster as there is no CLR overhead

I agree with You; C++ execution would be faster, but C# and other .NET languages dominate nowadays.
We also need some type of intrinsic code protection to prevent Reflector et al execution.
Let's hope Microsoft adds that and other languages support.

Edited by RamonB

Ramón.
Time, is the one thing no one can buy.
ovbe94a9nab0bbc6g.jpg

How about F# as another option? I suspect though that we'll see Lua and XML...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

41 minutes ago, n4gix said:

How about F# as another option?

Haha ... yeah, odd choice but seemed to be desired for this particular job?  It's a mix between C#, C++, VB, LINQ and maybe a few others.

Cheers, Rob.

21 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

C++ will be faster as there is no CLR overhead, but agree,

Maybe slightly off subject and don't know how well it would work with flight sim, but I moved all my economic models to Julia and have been extremely pleased.  🙂

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

anyone knows when the SDK will be out (if will be)? 

we are developing few airports for xp and p3d and would love to have a clue about new fs sdk for that. 

any hint?

56 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

Do we know if MS even plans to release a SDK?

Yes they eluded to an SDK.

Cheers, Rob.