Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

New Orbx Central v4.0 now available to download

55 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

It should.

Roger. I have sort of a parallel P3D folder set, with all subfolders (Effects, Scenery, Simobjects, Texture, etc.), all mounted into the sim via add-on.xml package. Now that I know that the sim goes from top to bottom, I will move those packages to the top. That way, the other packages (mostly airport sceneries) will be prioritized over the parallel installation, which in turn will be prioritized over the main P3D installation, correct?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

17 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Roger. I have sort of a parallel P3D folder set, with all subfolders (Effects, Scenery, Simobjects, Texture, etc.), all mounted into the sim via add-on.xml package. Now that I know that the sim goes from top to bottom, I will move those packages to the top. That way, the other packages (mostly airport sceneries) will be prioritized over the parallel installation, which in turn will be prioritized over the main P3D installation, correct?

They would. Care should be taken not to have duplicate simobjects (that would cause an error message in P3D). And scenery is better rearranged by adding layers - IMHO. Because installers and autodiscovery can screw up your sequence at any time. Which is why I made the decision that P4AO shall apply proper layering everywhere - no point in having a scenery config app when the actual results depend on random events. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

👍

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 8/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, Reader said:

Hello,

there have been complaints for a long time that Orbx products should be outside the P3D root folder because that is the way forward.

Now that this is happening, are you now starting a campaign for the installation of Orbx products inside P3D again?

Interesting that this campaign is coming directly now from ORBX itself. Please look at the post of today from Ben McClintock:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/178257-we’re-listening-central-v406-released/

In other words, please don't migrate ....

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 8/5/2019 at 4:48 PM, HiFlyer said:

Been using it for months: have been waiting for the conversion of all of their products to work with this, and glad that that seems to be complete.

Far from reality. It's a complete mess.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Even if you migrated, Vector is still a mess, I know they are working hard on this but for me I will wait this one out for now. You are correct Ed it is a complete mess. I am flying on a vanilla P3Dv4 sim for now and the FPS is through the roof and the scenery yuk! lol!

11 hours ago, edpatino said:

Hello,

there have been complaints for a long time that Orbx products should be outside the P3D root folder because that is the way forward.

Now that this is happening, are you now starting a campaign for the installation of Orbx products inside P3D again?

Hello all,

IMHO the drive was never just to "install addons outside of the sim". That is not the point, in fact, it doesn't matter at all where they are installed. The main reason is/was, that some addons physically overwrite simulator assets, and that is something really bad that shouldn't be happening. And probably that from a Windows perspective there should be no content in \Program Files\, only executables.

That Lockheed decides to implement a new addon referencing method could have happened at any time. We had more than three years to become familiar with it, but we obviously still struggle. The "method" itself is nothing special, it is very common to use XML configuration files, autodiscovery etc. in the real software world (for example in web- and application servers), and I am very happy that this route has been taken. Manipulating cfg files is just so 1995...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

I see that in my migrated libraries (new location outside P3D) the airports have effects and sound libraries.

In the P3D/Effects are the same files having ORBX in the file name. Is it safe to delete the files in the P3D/ effects library?

In P3D/Sound library are a lot of ORBX sound files, can they be deleted?

Also in P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery there are lots of files like ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN_elevation_adjustment.BGL (and a lot of other files with ORBX airport names) can they be deleted?

Have asked this question in the ORBX-forum but no answer.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

They will be removed the next time you install a clean P3D... leave them alone for the time being it is safer.

The migration only moves Scenery (scenery and texture folders)  as they are in the root p3d \ORBX folder ..., as ORBX said Central was not meant for migration , only for new installs.

Jorge

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Manipulating cfg files is just so 1995

So is using XML files 😁
The new kid on the block (well.. new) is json.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

19 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Whatever P3D finds last in the addon lookup chain replaces everything that came before it. And the default assets are always loaded first, so every addon replaces whatever default has been there. It has been this way from the start of the "add-on.xml method". I know that I keep repeating myself every time - but this "method" is not about scenery - it covers every type of simulator asset.

Does this apply to Shaders? I don't think so?. If I want to revert to not using Environment Force, for instance, I not only have to stop the DLL running, but also delete Shaders so that P3D rebuilds them.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Does this apply to Shaders? I don't think so?. If I want to revert to not using Environment Force, for instance, I not only have to stop the DLL running, but also delete Shaders so that P3D rebuilds them.

Pete

Hello Pete,

To my best knowledge, yes it does. For one of my other products I added shaders too with this method. But I can't vouch for the actual replacement mechanism. It should work like that, but since I am not using shader mods, I have never tried it out to be sure.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

IS there any way to download the Orbx Central v3? 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

What about the P3Dv4\Autogen folder and its files? Has this process changed for the better? do these fils now install outside P3D folder? I usually have the problem with autogens/treses missing all the time...  Conflicts other 3rd party addons.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter