Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

New Orbx Central v4.0 now available to download

1 hour ago, Manny said:

What about the P3Dv4\Autogen folder and its files? Has this process changed for the better? do these fils now install outside P3D folder? I usually have the problem with autogens/treses missing all the time...  Conflicts other 3rd party addons.

Everything can be installed outside the sim including Autogen.

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I took the plunge this afternoon and installed Orbx Central 4.0.6.  I was and still am using a symbolic link such that my c:\<p3d>\Orbx directory looks like it is all there but it is actually at d:\Orbx.  The new Central is working just like the old one with the symbolic link, and the new Library is simply a new folder at d:\Orbx\Library such that all Orbx is in one place.  I am not migrating the FTX scenery installed with the scenery.cfg method simply because it isn't broken.  All new scenery that I install is not put into the Library, and one simple entry to the programdata add-on.cfg  file will cover all new products with one single "discovery path" entry.  Simple, elegant, I like it.

• Like 2

Dan Downs KCRP

You will notice on the latest Central version that you are advised not to migrate anything if it is working well at the moment.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Does this mean your new installations are installed into the P3Dv4 folder as before?

I notice this option is now available in the latest version of Orbyx Central

xxd09

ps did you keep your old FTX3 going and not uninstall it?

Yeys, iyt meanys thayt thye optioyn iys therye tyo instalyl productys intyo thye Orbyx foldeyr ays beforye

Edited by Reader

Spell checkers attempt at Olde English?

I deleted v3 as instructed.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

2 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

Wyhy hayve yoyu puyt syo myany wyhys iyn youyr woyrds??

probably  the  same  reason  as  you have 🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

Wyhy hayve yoyu puyt syo myany wyhys iyn youyr woyrds??

I guess it is to pay tribut to Orbyx.

• Like 3

Just to share my own experience with Orbx Central v4.0.6....

I did a full system re-image, resulting in the opportunity to perform a completely virgin Prepar3d v4.5 reinstall. I did so, and after running P3D to perform my initial setup and settings, made my Orbx items the first and only addons to install. I opted to install them all directly into the sim and not use the XML/Library method, and left the scenery insertion points at their default values.

Even on a completely "untouched" P3D install, Orbx Central 4.0.6 couldn't handle the scenery layering, particularly with Vector. All of the Orbx material was lumped together and scenery was very much not working as it should. Perhaps this had to do with not using the XML/Library method and opting to do it the old fashioned way, but regardless... the installer really didn't know what it was doing.

Learn from my mistake - Before considering any attempt with Orbx Central, take screenshots and/or notes as to your existing working scenery layers and setups before doing anything, even the latest v4.0.6.  If it borks your scenery layering, you will then have a reference to look back on to help reset things to proper working order.

-Greg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If a do a full new clean install of OS/P3D/Orbx Central 4.0.6 and most of everything what Orbx have released with XML method completely outside of Prepar3D v4 folder - will Global/LC/Vector/Regions/Airports get along well? Or does Global still need to go to Prepar3D v4 folder? Any other problems?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I did a clean install of Orbx FTX Central 4.0.6 (cleaned out all prior ORBX folders dotted about my local M.2s).  Installed everything into the "library" option with the exception of FTX Global Base since it does NOT support the library option.  I did NOT install Vector as it was my understanding more work is need there before it can "follow" the library process.

I was a little disappointed that FTX Global Base didn't have an option to go the "library" route ... it was the primary reason I wanted to use FTX Central 4.

Cheers, Rob.

As I said to my friend with similar response to the Base issue,  what is the problem?  Because there is no problem with leaving it alone for now, just doesn't meet your personal aspirations.

I am very comfortable with not cleaning out the closet and then putting everything back into the closet in a different order just to have things different.

I thought I read that the Orbx Vector has an improved ability to work with add-on.xml method already, I have all of my addon scenery installed this way except the pre-v4 Central stuff and Vector works as expected.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

7 hours ago, downscc said:

As I said to my friend with similar response to the Base issue,  what is the problem?  Because there is no problem with leaving it alone for now, just doesn't meet your personal aspirations.

I am very comfortable with not cleaning out the closet and then putting everything back into the closet in a different order just to have things different.

I thought I read that the Orbx Vector has an improved ability to work with add-on.xml method already, I have all of my addon scenery installed this way except the pre-v4 Central stuff and Vector works as expected.

I guess i am in the same boat as you but still on V3.

I dont want to mess further with scenery installation method as everything works great atm. if it meens i miss ORBX new scenerys in the future thats just the case.

So installing V4 central is optional and just on top on V3 right ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Is it my understanding that you can run FTX Central 3 and 4 in tandem

FTX Central 4 only being needed to purchase new Sceneries which you can then install directly into your sim as before-if you so wish

Eventually FTX 3 will be withdrawn-once migration issues sorted

xxd09

Edited by xxd09
Spelling