Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Simaddons Canada Scenery

9 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Have a look at this developer's work.. excellent product.

https://www.fsimstudios.com/

Lee

I agree, I have their Kelowna and Calgary, I’m quite happy with their work. Next purchase will be there CYEG. I think they also do a cancun in which I’m looking for, but I could be thinking of another developer....anyways highly recommend their Canadian scenery as well.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 hour ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I agree, I have their Kelowna and Calgary, I’m quite happy with their work. Next purchase will be there CYEG. I think they also do a cancun in which I’m looking for, but I could be thinking of another developer....anyways highly recommend their Canadian scenery as well.

Theyre currently working on YVR YYCv2 and YXU.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'm very much looking forward to CYVR + ortho + city, and CYYC v2, which was also originally stated to be made with a cityscape alongside (hope that's still the case).

Western Canada is incredible.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

17 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Theyre currently working on YVR YYCv2 and YXU.

I'm excited for their YVR.  FSDT seems to be making it a practice to let their sceneries get out of date or old and then taken by another company.  FLL and LAS come to mind.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:39 AM, FPStewy said:

Let me be the critical voice here, I've been looking for Canadian sceneries but got sticker shock when the pack came out to $162Cdn on sale. To put that into comparison I just looked at my Orbx history and bought Global Base, Global Europe, Global North America and EU England for $20Cdn less.

I'm sure it's a good product, but it's based on 15 year old studio express, yes it may be better than Freeware but in my opinion it's not worth that sticker. To each it's own but I'd rather put that type of money toward more updated sceneries.

Updated you have to be kidding.  Halifax put in an extension to Rwy 5/23 two summers ago and Ralph had the info on that before it happened in real life and put it in.

Edited by jfmitch
spelling

On 5/21/2020 at 8:05 PM, micstatic said:

I'm excited for their YVR.  FSDT seems to be making it a practice to let their sceneries get out of date or old and then taken by another company.  FLL and LAS come to mind.  

and then makes new ones which get done by other developers KORD and LFSB come to mind.....

14ppkc-6.png

Does anybody know if there's a good rendition of Mirabel Airport (CYMX) in Quebec?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

SODE is a dirty word, more harm than good.  Big developers like Fly Tampa rely on SODE and have problems which they can blame on the developer of SODE.  Personally I would like to take SODE and shove it up ………………..

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 12:26 PM, jfmitch said:

Updated you have to be kidding.  Halifax put in an extension to Rwy 5/23 two summers ago and Ralph had the info on that before it happened in real life and put it in.

You are so right.  Having Air Canada and Nav Canada staff and pilots on the Beta team helps. I personally visited Fort McMurray recently and sent Ralph 900 GB of pictures to help and develop this airport as realistic as it can be,

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:16 AM, edpatino said:

Does anybody know if there's a good rendition of Mirabel Airport (CYMX) in Quebec?.

Cheers, Ed

As Mirabel is almost strictly a cargo airport since the demise of the Concorde, I doubt if any developer will bother.

35 minutes ago, jfmitch said:

As Mirabel is almost strictly a cargo airport since the demise of the Concorde, I doubt if any developer will bother.

It's also the manufacturing center of the Bombardier CS-100 and -300, now Airbus A220-100 and A220-300, so still an important facility.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 5/21/2020 at 11:56 AM, F737NG said:

I'm very much looking forward to CYVR + ortho + city, and CYYC v2, which was also originally stated to be made with a cityscape alongside (hope that's still the case).

Western Canada is incredible.

If they actually ever get around to releasing it for P3d v5

There’s a freeware YMX that looks decent out there...I think it’s here on avsim?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

When do winter textures kick in in Simaddons Calgary? the entire surrounding area has snow except for the airport.

A few words of caution here:

First, the new Simaddons sceneries for P3Dv5 have sloped runways and do not work with add-on mesh.  The mesh underlying the sloped airports has to be the P3Dv5 default.  All of the airports in the three P3Dv5 packages with the exception of CWSA and CYCX have sloped runways.

Second, the SimAddons packages install to your C drive and there's no option to change that in the installer.  That's 3 GB of scenery on your boot drive if you install all three Canadian regions.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case