Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

ha! Oh mann, i'm on some sort of high right now from watching all these videos. When this comes out it's gonna be endless hours of fun

• Like 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

I thought I am too old to get overly excited about a video game. But here I am on board of the hype train, ready to sacrifice my firstborn to get into the alpha. U here me Microsoft? Firstborn, my eternal soul, what ever you want... 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jazznow said:

I thought I am too old to get overly excited about a video game.

You're never too old.  There are several of us in the 70 and older crowd.

I was beginning to lose enthusiasm with the trickle of information from Microsoft, but this his certainly gotten me back.  Lots of early questions answered as well.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

If the entire planet looks as good as the scenery in that preview video, then the regional/global addon scenery market is dead. In addition, airport developers will not have to worry about rendering vast areas around airports with custom autogen and 3D landmarks, because it will already be there!! That should speed up the delivery of new airport addon packages.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

If the entire planet looks as good as the scenery in that preview video, then the regional/global addon scenery market is dead. In addition, airport developers will not have to worry about rendering vast areas around airports with custom autogen and 3D landmarks, because it will already be there!! That should speed up the delivery of new airport addon packages.

And with all the new graphics technology and physics, PBR, lighting, gradient runways, I cannot wait to fathom the newfound quality of addon airports. It will be unreal.. but real.

Edited by suncoastflyer
  • Upvote 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

16 minutes ago, Jazznow said:

I thought I am too old to get overly excited about a video game. But here I am on board of the hype train, ready to sacrifice my firstborn to get into the alpha. U here me Microsoft? Firstborn, my eternal soul, what ever you want... 🙂

Oh yea?
First born you say?

Well..Mr White Walker would like a word with you

giphy.gif

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

19 minutes ago, Hal Bryan said:

After mostly lurking here for at least 20 years or so, I thought I'd share my thoughts from the preview event.

http://inspire.eaa.org/2019/09/30/an-inside-look-at-microsofts-newest-flight-simulator/

tl;dr - it's good. 

Incredible article!  Thanks for posting and linking us to it.

Hook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

18 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Read (if not already done) th helisimmer review, he flew over Portugal  and has a couple of interesting remarks about it.

If you put aside the ludicrous selfies, the best review I've read so far, geneally speaking.

EDIT just read Hal Bryan excellent piece too

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I watched the above video, is there anything that was mentioned/appeared in the OPs and didn't appear in the video above?

I just read Hal's piece, there's a 200 person team working on this!

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

44 minutes ago, Hal Bryan said:

After mostly lurking here for at least 20 years or so, I thought I'd share my thoughts from the preview event.

http://inspire.eaa.org/2019/09/30/an-inside-look-at-microsofts-newest-flight-simulator/

tl;dr - it's good. 

Superb write-up... thanks Hal!

• Like 2

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64