Sign in to follow this  
FizziPop

Microsoft Flight Simulator Preview - 30th September

Wow, Hal Bryan appears, what an honor!

- I wonder if Bruce Artwick and Stu Moment will chime in?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pracines said:

Wow, Hal Bryan appears, what an honor!

- I wonder if Bruce Artwick and Stu Moment will chime in?

Sheesh, you flatter me! 🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

This is too good to be true- completely overwhelmed. 😎

I got food poisoning Saturday but this is making me feel a lot better even though my head is still in a constant spin. 🤢

Just an incredible groundbreaking thing we are witnessing here.

No way to accurately express the gratitude to MS and Asobo for the work they've done here.

What a wonderful gift to humanity- the gift of discovery.

• Like 1

My goodness, visuals on this new MS sim are truly mind blowing! I'm affraid my old PC will struggle a bit with graphics.
Now I'm really curious about all the other stuff like, flight dynamics, weather, ATC, and scenery of other parts of the world, specially my country (Brazil).

• Like 1

Mauricio Brentano

45 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

But, despite everything, they did say no helicopters (at least not right away) nothing about ATC or AI, and though there was an early hint of an Airbus, still everything shown has been GA.

Well there was an airliner taxiing in the background in the E3 trailer (LAX scene), so I suppose at least some form of AI will be in at some point...

I don't even know what to say, this looks exactly what I ever dreamed of and more. Please make this is perfect and make sure AI/ATC is on point!

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Watched one of the video reviews and the wife walked in peering over my shoulder with excitement. "OMG! this is jaw-dropping gorgeous." "I know right," I replied. "Which part of the new sim do you think is jaw-dropping?" "Oh, I was referring to the new monitor you just bought."  Sigh! I am now of the view that she's going to be disappointed that I won't be mowing the lawn, shuffling snow, take out the trash, go to bed early, etc etc from day 1 of MSFS2020 release.

• Like 5

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

It does look very promising and a flight model that is a better version of "blade element theory" ... would love to know more about the SDK. 

Never heard of "Asobo" going back to circa 1982?  No idea who Sergio Costa is?  And Microsoft claim they included ALL developers?  Just before Cosford show ... hmmm ... interesting timing.

Anyway that aside, it's just business, it does look very impressive and apparently great FPS on a 2080.  Concerned that there is not much of a mention of the SDK, but as I expected there is an online mode which will be best option, there is a cached mode, and the offline mode will still look good.  The possibility of subscription for "online mode" still seems to be a possibility.

I still think this will be a great for content providers, so I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic until I get to see the SDK.

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 1

So far, everything covered sounds absolutely awesome but.....

• No helicopters for now, will come later; fine.
  • No tubeliners shown or mentioned at the event. Later also?
  • Frame rates were good according to articles BUT no solid answer on AI, traffic(cars, boats, ship, etc)  or ATC?!. We know how badly they affect our current sims. <sic>
  • Subscription not decided on but I'd bet money this game will be.
  • Poor or no internet connection; while somewhat explained they didn't go into detail on exactly how the experience is compromised?
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

The possibility of subscription for "online mode" still seems to be a possibility.

At least one of the video reports stated unequivocally NO SUBSCRIPTION for the online mode.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Many Thanks to All That Donated To Our Server Drive!

3 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

So far, everything covered sounds absolutely awesome but.....

• No helicopters for now, will come later; fine.
  • No tubeliners shown or mentioned at the event. Later also?
  • Frame rates were good according to articles BUT no solid answer on AI, traffic(cars, boats, ship, etc)  or ATC?!. We know how badly they affect our current sims. <sic>
  • Subscription not decided on but I'd bet money this game will be.
  • Poor or no internet connection; while somewhat explained they didn't go into detail on exactly how the experience is compromised?

You not seen moving cars on the roads in the videos? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

16 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

You not seen moving cars on the roads in the videos? 

Even driving correctly on the round-about! (left hand drive obviously).

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Many Thanks to All That Donated To Our Server Drive!

6 hours ago, ckyliu said:

I watched the above video, is there anything that was mentioned/appeared in the OPs and didn't appear in the video above?

I just read Hal's piece, there's a 200 person team working on this!

I don't know but that video blew ME away and I was the one on the forums talking about trueSKY and modern graphic engines.

Holy moly ... they are on the bleeding edge here and that is a seriously impressive feat!