Sign in to follow this  
Meeko

QualityWings 787 Service Pack Released

14 hours ago, honanhal said:

Doesn't look like it, which is a shame.

Pity but thanks for the info, unfortunately that makes it a total deal breaker for me.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

What VNAV issues are we talking about?  I haven't had any that I can recall, and keep in mind that this plane is very slippery in real life so you need to stay ahead of the speed, and I think they reflected that well with this aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Alan

16 minutes ago, exeodus said:

What VNAV issues are we talking about?  I haven't had any that I can recall, and keep in mind that this plane is very slippery in real life so you need to stay ahead of the speed, and I think they reflected that well with this aircraft.

Same here, I haven’t used it much but I don’t recall an issue with the vnav. I did however start having an issue that after startup when I move throttles forward to start taxing it shuts the engines off..I haven’t yet tried to fix it though so could be something simple.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Nice to see another update from them. I just have one question to all of you fellow 787 pilots. Are you able to enter sector speed as mach number in legs page? Whatever format I try to enter is not accepted. ISA entries work okay, but are not useful during oceanic crossing. It's been like that since beginning and still seems to be the case.

10 hours ago, B777ER said:

Isn't this specifically mentioned as being fixed?

Yes.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I have to say, they have done a great job first time a full flight was conducted here local 😎

André

If anybody want's to share their PFPX profile for the 78X...🤗

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

8 hours ago, exeodus said:

This isn’t the only one I’ve seen, but it is the most obvious:

Above-path descents. Putting up the spoilers should result in an increased rate of descent to maintain the selected VNAV descent speed, while engine stay at idle. Instead, what happens is the engines spool up with the spoilers up, reducing the rate of descent and defeating the whole exercise (and making it much harder to get back on path, forcing the use of VS or FLCH, although FLCH also has some issues).

Presumably the VNAV systems logic is it’s trying to maintain the descent speed, but it’s chasing a higher speed by bumping thrust up rather than increasing rate of descent. That can’t be true to the real airplane — at least I hope not!

James

30 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

As I understand it, that is what should happen ... but it depends on what wind settings you have loaded in the flight plan vs. winds currently being emulated via your weather engine.  In addition, what VNAV mode are you in? 

Cheers, Rob.

Haven’t flown the plane (or any other for that matter!) in a while, but as I recall this would have been in VNAV SPD, since it’s an above-path descent. I hadn’t heard winds programmed in the FMC could mess with this, so that’s a possibility.

I’m totally willing to believe it’s me and not the plane, but I can’t really come up with a reason why you’d program an autopilot mode this way (either simulated or real). If you’re above the path, you want your engines at idle as your starting point in a VNAV mode, at least classically. I’d genuinely be curious to hear thinking on why you wouldn’t want them at idle in this scenario. Maybe I don’t understand the 787 autopilot or am otherwise missing something. In any case, the result for me flying this plane was always that once I was above the path it was almost impossible to get back on it without building in extra track miles or switching to a different autopilot mode. Not at all the case in any other simulated Boeing I’ve flown, even the slippery ones.

James 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

Haven’t flown the plane (or any other for that matter!) in a while, but as I recall this would have been in VNAV SPD, since it’s an above-path descent. I hadn’t heard winds programmed in the FMC could mess with this, so that’s a possibility.

I’m totally willing to believe it’s me and not the plane, but I can’t really come up with a reason why you’d program an autopilot mode this way (either simulated or real). If you’re above the path, you want your engines at idle as your starting point in a VNAV mode, at least classically. I’d genuinely be curious to hear thinking on why you wouldn’t want them at idle in this scenario. Maybe I don’t understand the 787 autopilot or am otherwise missing something. In any case, the result for me flying this plane was always that once I was above the path it was almost impossible to get back on it without building in extra track miles or switching to a different autopilot mode. Not at all the case in any other simulated Boeing I’ve flown, even the slippery ones.

James 

Yes i think the same, on a mean Time i am flying with it now, during a turn the speed reduce from m0.84 to 0.82 , it is very difficult for AP to follow a sid example pika 1E from Lgav 03r, speed constraint and Lnav aren’t follow at all, plus  difficulty to follow normal track during climb mode

altough it a beautifull plane.

Edited by grandfred29

Frédéric Giraud

I don't own the 787.

The changelog says:

Cockpit Display fonts & alignment improved

I would like to know if the font legibility has improved? Is it sharper, crisper?

- TONY -

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

I don't own the 787.

The changelog says:

I would like to know if the font legibility has improved? Is it sharper, crisper?

It is improved and easier to read IMO.

• Like 2

Alan

7 hours ago, honanhal said:

James 

You are correct. If you are above your vertical profile in VNAV SPD mode, then plane will hold, or adjust to, the speed while using whatever drag is available to intercept the profile that is calculated. It should spool up only once it has successfully intercepted the path and idle or off-idle thrust setting is not sufficient to maintain speed envelope in VNAV PATH mode, where it should be when you are in descent and speed is not restricted. VNAV SPD is used when you have segment restrictions or you deviate beyond speed limitations. Wind input is only used to calculate descent trajectory with minimal thrust setting in mind.

Edited by Evros

3 hours ago, Simicro said:

Yes, it's improved.  Not perfect but better.  The display refresh is still capped at 18 FPS it seems as well.

• Like 2

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM