Meeko

QualityWings 787 Service Pack Released

56 minutes ago, honanhal said:

what happens is the engines spool up with the spoilers up

As I understand it, that is what should happen ... but it depends on what wind settings you have loaded in the flight plan vs. winds currently being emulated via your weather engine.  In addition, what VNAV mode are you in? 

Cheers, Rob.

30 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

As I understand it, that is what should happen ... but it depends on what wind settings you have loaded in the flight plan vs. winds currently being emulated via your weather engine.  In addition, what VNAV mode are you in? 

Cheers, Rob.

Haven’t flown the plane (or any other for that matter!) in a while, but as I recall this would have been in VNAV SPD, since it’s an above-path descent. I hadn’t heard winds programmed in the FMC could mess with this, so that’s a possibility.

I’m totally willing to believe it’s me and not the plane, but I can’t really come up with a reason why you’d program an autopilot mode this way (either simulated or real). If you’re above the path, you want your engines at idle as your starting point in a VNAV mode, at least classically. I’d genuinely be curious to hear thinking on why you wouldn’t want them at idle in this scenario. Maybe I don’t understand the 787 autopilot or am otherwise missing something. In any case, the result for me flying this plane was always that once I was above the path it was almost impossible to get back on it without building in extra track miles or switching to a different autopilot mode. Not at all the case in any other simulated Boeing I’ve flown, even the slippery ones.

James 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, honanhal said:

Haven’t flown the plane (or any other for that matter!) in a while, but as I recall this would have been in VNAV SPD, since it’s an above-path descent. I hadn’t heard winds programmed in the FMC could mess with this, so that’s a possibility.

I’m totally willing to believe it’s me and not the plane, but I can’t really come up with a reason why you’d program an autopilot mode this way (either simulated or real). If you’re above the path, you want your engines at idle as your starting point in a VNAV mode, at least classically. I’d genuinely be curious to hear thinking on why you wouldn’t want them at idle in this scenario. Maybe I don’t understand the 787 autopilot or am otherwise missing something. In any case, the result for me flying this plane was always that once I was above the path it was almost impossible to get back on it without building in extra track miles or switching to a different autopilot mode. Not at all the case in any other simulated Boeing I’ve flown, even the slippery ones.

James 

Yes i think the same, on a mean Time i am flying with it now, during a turn the speed reduce from m0.84 to 0.82 , it is very difficult for AP to follow a sid example pika 1E from Lgav 03r, speed constraint and Lnav aren’t follow at all, plus  difficulty to follow normal track during climb mode

altough it a beautifull plane.

Edited by grandfred29

I don't own the 787.

The changelog says:

Cockpit Display fonts & alignment improved

I would like to know if the font legibility has improved? Is it sharper, crisper?

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

I don't own the 787.

The changelog says:

I would like to know if the font legibility has improved? Is it sharper, crisper?

It is improved and easier to read IMO.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, honanhal said:

James 

You are correct. If you are above your vertical profile in VNAV SPD mode, then plane will hold, or adjust to, the speed while using whatever drag is available to intercept the profile that is calculated. It should spool up only once it has successfully intercepted the path and idle or off-idle thrust setting is not sufficient to maintain speed envelope in VNAV PATH mode, where it should be when you are in descent and speed is not restricted. VNAV SPD is used when you have segment restrictions or you deviate beyond speed limitations. Wind input is only used to calculate descent trajectory with minimal thrust setting in mind.

Edited by Evros

3 hours ago, Simicro said:

Yes, it's improved.  Not perfect but better.  The display refresh is still capped at 18 FPS it seems as well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, honanhal said:

Generally, putting engines into high idle is done to reduce the engine spool-up time...it's common to see this measure applied in automated acft when configured with high-drag devices.  It's done as a safety measure in case the pilot were to need to quickly add power (wind shear, engine failure, uncommanded thrust reverser deployment, or maybe just got too slow on the approach).  The difference in acceleration time from flight idle as compared to high idle in a high-bypass turbofan can be an agonizing...and critical...long time to get the power up when you need it.

Regards

16 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Generally, putting engines into high idle is done to reduce the engine spool-up time...it's common to see this measure applied in automated acft when configured with high-drag devices.  It's done as a safety measure in case the pilot were to need to quickly add power (wind shear, engine failure, uncommanded thrust reverser deployment, or maybe just got too slow on the approach).  The difference in acceleration time from flight idle as compared to high idle in a high-bypass turbofan can be an agonizing...and critical...long time to get the power up when you need it.

Regards

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Certainly I’ve seen that high idle behavior for example with landing flaps set in the 777.

I do still wonder whether it’s true to the real 787 that deploying just spoilers in descent should lead to such a high idle, though.

James

Posted (edited)

Without wind data I'm not sure how it would stay in desired mode - Oct 2019 Additions: CDU: RTE DATA WIND pages added with auto uplink from ActiveSky.  Assume Alt bug is set when reaching transition alt?  What does the VSD show for path/route mode?

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Rob_Ainscough

Load agent not working properly for QFA9 YMML to YPPH. Back to doing it the old way.

Has anyone gotten the QW Load Agent to work. I will load up a route and execute and then go to the LoadAgent like I saw in the video. It would load half the cargo and no fuel or it would load all the cargo and no fuel. For now I'm using the old method also. I'm seeing more reports on this and wonder if it actually worked for anyone. 

22 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

Has anyone gotten the QW Load Agent to work. I will load up a route and execute and then go to the LoadAgent like I saw in the video. It would load half the cargo and no fuel or it would load all the cargo and no fuel. For now I'm using the old method also. I'm seeing more reports on this and wonder if it actually worked for anyone. 

I saw on their form yesterday were one of the developers told somebody to re-download it because of that issue I believe as they made an adjustment to fix an issue with the load agent.

I did my first flight ever with this plane yesterday and everything worked pretty well. Very happy with the software. The only thing I noticed was in turns it slowed from M.85 to M.842 and then went back to M.85.

20 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

A question for everyone having issues with the update; I thought I read in the QW update notes that the update was so extensive that required you to uninstall and then reinstall from scratch. 

I haven't but haven't had a chance to fly it yet. Wondering if this step would help people? 

Daniel

3 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

A question for everyone having issues with the update; I thought I read in the QW update notes that the update was so extensive that required you to uninstall and then reinstall from scratch. 

I haven't but haven't had a chance to fly it yet. Wondering if this step would help people? 

Daniel

Everyone that has reported this so far has completely uninstalled and reinstalled. I should have stated that I have ran as admin, uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, deleted old QW folders and even went as far as to clean out my registry. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/6/2019 at 11:43 PM, TalonMX said:

I got it to work. Basically it doesn't work with certain liveries.

http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/uploads/88/QW787_pax_data2.zip

Click on the link and update the pax data file. Work now with Qantas.

Edited by VBHB

Hot fix that addresses this and some other issues just released.

Just had a great flight LEBL-KEWR in the 787-10.  It’s a great addition and everything went perfectly in the flight, nice update!

Figures. I've got so many end of season projects to do around the house it'll be a miracle if I can fly it before November. 😉 I've been looking forward to the -10 since I bought the plane. This is excellent.

Installed 1.2.1 from Flight1... no -10 to be found anywhere -.-

Posted (edited)

It looks like this update requires a full reinstall.

Edited by Christopher Low

1.2.0 requires a full reinstall. Hotfix can be installed on top of it.

40 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It looks like this update requires a full reinstall.

full or patch.....i used patch👍

2 hours ago, swiesma said:

Installed 1.2.1 from Flight1... no -10 to be found anywhere -.-

I used the Flight1 Purchase Agent app. Full installer, and hotfix.