Sign in to follow this  
hatata

Retiring from P3D .. my thoughts

27 minutes ago, domkle said:

Is there anything wrong moving from the not so bad old to the much better new ? It has been like ever since I've been addicted to this game. 

Sure if its done respectfully but there was nothing respectful about some P3D posters attack on users of other platforms

Its not a big deal I just find the turn of events amusing

ZORAN

31 minutes ago, domkle said:

Is there anything wrong moving from the not so bad old to the much better new ?

Dominique - Windows 7

I would agree with that comment.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Just now, FPStewy said:

I would agree with that comment.

You know what they say, beauty is in th eye of the beholder :cool:

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 hours ago, GSalden said:

This is P3Dv4.5 ; runs very good and flies smooth :

Wow, great setup. I would never leave the house... LOL. How did you get the wife to agree to all that?

Do you have a video showing this setup in detail?

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

7 hours ago, zmak said:

Sure if its done respectfully but there was nothing respectful about some P3D posters attack on users of other platforms

Its not a big deal I just find the turn of events amusing

There's nothing disrespectful to the OP.  That's his choice, and I respect it.  However,  my POV is that I and others have no problems with our sim.   I look forward to progressing to the new one....yes there will be some initial problems, but the world sure looks pretty darn good in MS2020 and I'm looking forward to flying in it.  You can stay with MS 2004 for all I care.

I imagine everyone has experienced walking away from their Flight Simming for a few weeks or months, then come back to it again. I know i have. SOmetimes it is a new product that brings me back, sometimes just keen to try a particular fllight. Each time it requires a little tender tune up on my part. But I do still enjoy it as a hobby and am really looking forward to MS2020 from a flight characteristics angle and hope that it lives up to expectations.

This won't stop me buying the odd aircraft or scenery for P3Dv4 (for instance NZAA, when it comes out!)

8 hours ago, spilok said:

you can stay with MS 2004 for all I care.

spoken like a 5 year old

I will dive into 2020 with a passion and glad I never spent a fortune on P3D. It just didn't do it for me nor did xplane so I waited with fsx se like thousands of others and boom microsoft drops the best news of the decade

Im in like Flynn

• Like 1

ZORAN

I'm at work, slow morning so I have time to read. So much bad energy and frustrations here. The world will not end with MSF 2020 in sight, nothing will happen to fxs, xp11 or p3d. Guys, find yourself a preety girl and have fun. A lot of tension comes from the lack of sex life. 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

5 hours ago, zmak said:

.....Im in like Flynn

Do to a malapropism, I always thought the phrase was "In Like Flint", the title of a James Coburn movie.

5 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

I'm at work, slow morning so I have time to read. So much bad energy and frustrations here. The world will not end with MSF 2020 in sight, nothing will happen to fxs, xp11 or p3d. Guys, find yourself a preety girl and have fun. A lot of tension comes from the lack of sex life. 😁

I'll have to have a word with my wife regarding the last two sentences! :tongue::biggrin:

By the time I consider the latest flightsim, it will have been well established in the market

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

6 hours ago, zmak said:

spoken like a 5 year old

I will dive into 2020 with a passion and glad I never spent a fortune on P3D. It just didn't do it for me nor did xplane so I waited with fsx se like thousands of others and boom microsoft drops the best news of the decade

Im in like Flynn

I'm happy for you. I'm also sad that you missed out on some great experience with P3d. That's why some of us have divergent thinking and enjoy multiple experiences that are made available to us.  Some of us even have several sims and enjoy variety.  

Spoken like a mature thinker!

Stan

Somewhat late to the party, but here’s my two cents. I myself went on a two year hiatus from simming a while ago because I was tired of struggling with low FPS and not being able to do the flights I wanted to do. This has everything to do with the fact that I was trying to run the sim on a laptop. About a year ago I decided to build a desktop with the purpose of flying airliners between major airports without breaking the bank on parts. In the meantime P3D4.2 had been released and things were looking up. I’ve been a happy flyer ever since. P3Dv4 overall required the least amount of tweaking and maintenance that I had ever had to deal with in a sim, provided you organize it right from the start. I can generally fly wherever I want with pretty high detail visuals.

all to say that ‘retiring’ is perhaps a tad dramatic of a word to use. If you really like simming, I dare say you will come back to it sometime. I think that’s generally normal.

so, rather than saying goodbye, I’ll say so long 😉

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Do to a malapropism, I always thought the phrase was "In Like Flint", the title of a James Coburn movie.

The origin AFAIK is in reference to Errol Flynn. But "In Like Flint" is also popular, as the James Coburn "Flint" character got more babes. 😉

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

18 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

P3Dv4 > Sex Life👍😂

2019 has been an absolutely boring year for Prepar3d. One patch and two hot fixes to clean up the word not allowed they broke (though I question how a patch can be "hot" if it's released 4 months later). It's no surprise that anyone would get bored and frustrated. V4 was released more than 2 years ago and since then we've only seen relatively minor improvements. 

• Upvote 1