Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 16th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

7 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Also I believe this is the first hint of AI traffic that we've seen, and they did say it's a feature that might not make launch date. This means that right now it's either in early stage or just a port of the old AI traffic system. This episode is a showcase of the new sound system after all, they're not looking to demonstrate visuals or aircraft systems in this video. Some of the footage could even be several months old, as evidenced by the trailers and previous episodes.

The AI is probably in early stages indeed and definitely not properly implemented yet because in the shot of the A320neo taking off you can see an AI aircraft kind of hovering in the air above the jetway in the background.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Is any body else excited to see the next Discovery Series Airports in February? Think we will hear Sounds of aircraft, tugs, vehicles, and if those two guys in the hangar in the original video are talking to themselves, "I will fart in your general direction", not the exact quote, but close enough, Monty Python 🙂 But really I can't wait to see what rabbit ( or cricket ) they pull out of their hats for the Airport Discovery 🙂 Hope we also see AI aircraft with their engines running, etc... 

Also, can I ask why just 10 years? Is this their original contract with Microsoft? I want Asobo and MS to work on this for longer than 10 years, and haven't about 5 years already gone by? And we had no clue, talking about keeping something a secret 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

8 hours ago, irrics said:

Remember when some were saying things like “I’ll stick with FSX”?

I don’t recalls those but I guarantee there will be a few FS9 diehards that still think that FS9 looks better, is more realistic, and has better weather depiction. 😂

• Like 4

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 hours ago, Brandon0110 said:

That episode was so good that even my wife was impressed.  That's saying something because she doesn't care about flight sims at all.

Many normal gamer friends of mine are really hyped for this sim despite having absolutely zero interest for planes and aviation. It's really making waves.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nikita said:

Many normal gamer friends of mine are really hyped for this sim despite having absolutely zero interest for planes and aviation. It's really making waves.

That's very interesting and good for all simmers and the gaming industry in general. Did they say exactly what is getting them excited to try it out?  And also a reason there needs to be a mode that is easy for people that just want to try it out, and see if they want to continue with it or not. I also think multiplayer will be interesting to brand new people in the flight simulation world. Who cares if they all fly together in their own multiplayer session just to have fun, not me 🙂 I feel sure there will be a wide variety of sessions from fun to extremely serious, not to mention VATSIM, Pilot Edge, IVAO, etc...The more the better, and more money will help with more development. After all you can always fly by yourself and be as serious as you want to be, or just have fun!

Just curious what NEW people like about what they see?

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Watching how much resources the FS20 team deploys and how it works closely with some aircraft manufacturers, I feel that we are going to see a change of paradigm. The default aircraft will set the standard of excellence that few 3PD will be able to follow. 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

32 minutes ago, domkle said:

Watching how much resources the FS20 team deploys and how it works closely with some aircraft manufacturers, I feel that we are going to see a change of paradigm. The default aircraft will set the standard of excellence that few 3PD will be able to follow. 

If the new standard means having access to aircraft plans and be in partnership with manufacturers, I don't see how a 3rd party can make a plane better than the default ones are.

I guess 3rd parties will make "other" planes, but less authentic than those made by Asobo, so the interest in buying those addons will be greatly reduced, at least for me.

Let's not forget we could expect twice the number of manufacturer partners than what we know today, in the final release.

Edited by Noooch

Wow this looks good. Cant' wait to get my hands on this sim. As per my usual luck I'll never get accepted in alphas or betas but man this is a zero day buy no doubt about that.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I don’t recalls those but I guarantee there will be a few FS9 diehards that still think that FS9 looks better, is more realistic, and has better weather depiction. 😂

And others

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

" I don't see how a 3rd party can make a plane better than the default ones are." 

Well, we actually don't know yet how good they are. They look fantastic that's for sure, but I think what people mean is making them better system wise. We haven't really seen how advanced they are, but if they're able to use Sids / STARs (which the said they are) and you can either programme a route or import it from ie. Simbrief, then they're good  enough for me.There will always be someone who want the depth of payware planes like PMDG & FSlabs, but I don't expect or want that from default planes.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

6 hours ago, in2tech said:

That's very interesting and good for all simmers and the gaming industry in general. Did they say exactly what is getting them excited to try it out?  And also a reason there needs to be a mode that is easy for people that just want to try it out, and see if they want to continue with it or not. I also think multiplayer will be interesting to brand new people in the flight simulation world. Who cares if they all fly together in their own multiplayer session just to have fun, not me 🙂 I feel sure there will be a wide variety of sessions from fun to extremely serious, not to mention VATSIM, Pilot Edge, IVAO, etc...The more the better, and more money will help with more development. After all you can always fly by yourself and be as serious as you want to be, or just have fun!

Insane graphics even by current standards is by far reason number one. Other reasons i've heard include:

-they're somewhat aware it's a long standing succesful series and heard of fsx when they were younger and want to try it out

-they think it would be a great VR game

-they've found out about flight sims through youtube, particularly airforceproud95, and they found some aspect of it fun, be it crazy unrealistic shenanigans, flying realistically in tough conditions, landing challenges and so on

-it being available on gamepass makes it really attractive because you have the possibility of trying it out for cheap, or practically for free if you already have gamepass

-even though they have no interest in aviation, a plane is still a plane and they think it would be nice to try flying one virtually (this also ties back to the cheap availability through gamepass)

Edited by nikita

12 hours ago, in2tech said:

Is any body else excited to see the next Discovery Series Airports in February? Think we will hear Sounds of aircraft, tugs, vehicles, and if those two guys in the hangar in the original video are talking to themselves, "I will fart in your general direction", not the exact quote, but close enough, Monty Python 🙂 But really I can't wait to see what rabbit ( or cricket ) they pull out of their hats for the Airport Discovery 🙂 Hope we also see AI aircraft with their engines running, etc... 

Also, can I ask why just 10 years? Is this their original contract with Microsoft? I want Asobo and MS to work on this for longer than 10 years, and haven't about 5 years already gone by? And we had no clue, talking about keeping something a secret 🙂

The airport video is the one I'm most interested in, because the airports in this sim are the one thing I have some lingering "doubts" about (at least for launch).  It's not entirely rational on my end - just fears that we've inferred a whole lot from a few shots in videos.  And recognition that Asobo aren't magical wizards with infinite time and money.

The reluctance to show airports in any videos for more than a brief moment (outside of the original reveal trailer), leaves some slight concern in the pit of my stomach.  It could obviously just be because they are still very much in progress (it's in alpha after all).

I also really want to understand how they are going to autogen or procedurally generate the airports they haven't given specific love and attention to, and how that will look in practice.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, in2tech said:

I agree. New people infuses more progress and is better for the genre. But..... alot of these kinds of people like to just fool around in their plane. Which is fine provided its a seperate area.   I speak from the few experiences I had with some rogue person on vatsim taking his 747 and ramming all of us who are doing procedures and following ATC instructions. Completely ruins the experience.   Im all for new ones to learn and be involved in the hobby, but there is a few different sides to the type of flyer.  These new ones just want to fly irregardless of rules, physics, or care that there is 5 flaps setting. They just want flaps on.  Perhaps this visually stunning world will have a seperate mission area with dogfights or air races that could make it very attractive to that type of player. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

26 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

I agree. New people infuses more progress and is better for the genre. But..... alot of these kinds of people like to just fool around in their plane. Which is fine provided its a seperate area.   I speak from the few experiences I had with some rogue person on vatsim taking his 747 and ramming all of us who are doing procedures and following ATC instructions. Completely ruins the experience.   Im all for new ones to learn and be involved in the hobby, but there is a few different sides to the type of flyer.  These new ones just want to fly irregardless of rules, physics, or care that there is 5 flaps setting. They just want flaps on.  Perhaps this visually stunning world will have a seperate mission area with dogfights or air races that could make it very attractive to that type of player. 

In any case, if you take another game, elite dangerous has managed to do 3 modes. Open where everyone can meet everyone, solo, and private group. A private group has no size limits.

I don't know if they will be inspired by it, but if the network techniques will be peer to peer, it will be easy to implement. If it's more advanced server technology, then I don't know.