Sign in to follow this  
b737800

ALPHA (fka Tech Alpha 2) Invite Emails

1 minute ago, zemez said:

Im just trying to say that for some reason with my enterprise version i cant download insider hub. With pro i can. 

Maybe you are limited to the number of downloads?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

2 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Very sophisticated thought you have because you don’t know nothing, because I can not say more.. for obvious reasons, sorry if you don’t know, just don’t speculate.........

If I may.... probably 95% of all postings are speculation, the balance is guesswork!

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

21 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Yeah, there should be one floating around on the Dark Web somewhere :laugh:

I haven't tried downloading the hub, if it's downloaded via the Microsoft Store and there's an issue with that, a special download link could do it. Or if it's not working with Enterprise as zemez is saying.

3 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Very sophisticated thought you have because you don’t know nothing, because I can not say more.. for obvious reasons, sorry if you don’t know, just don’t speculate......... 😉 

Not sure what you're trying to say, but Asobo themselves made it clear via the Feedback Snapshot V1 that testing is not without issues, and if you don't have any it doesn't mean others do not. The build is about to be swapped soon, which means more issues could arise. In this instance I'm just trying to comfort those who have not been invited yet, and to done down expectations about this alpha build. Since you're under NDA, you really shouldn't comment on anything regarding the testing process.

54 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

You are wrong man, that’s not truth what you think, believe me........ 😉 can not say more....... sorry

Gotcha. I'll continue keeping an eye on my inbox then... 😄

Still haven't got an invite yet. Hope it will arrive some day. Pretty curious about the new sim!

49 minutes ago, n4gix said:

If it will assuage anyone's feelings, I was among the very first to receive my invitation for TA1 several months ago. Unfortunately I've never even managed to get the so-called Xbox Insider Hub to download and install, which is Step 1 to accomplish...

So, I've never even seen TA1 myself! Talk about frustrating... :blush:

I got accepted at the very beginning as well and was relocating that week hence I was having to change my email address which I notified support about but they said my new email address was not on the list. I even attached a copy of the email acceptance I received.

VERY frustrating indeed!

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

For what it`s worth I registered as soon as it was posted back in August email confirmed I was on board, it is possible as much they would like to they may not be able to include everyone, just to add I'm not that bothered as I am still flying my sim and purchasing addons and hardware for the future life goes on.  

PS I have a PC game pass account so if your wondering that makes no difference. 

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

Windows 10 Enterprise <snip> requires a base installation of Windows 10 Pro

<snip> by me.

Not always true. Windows 10 Enterprise can be installed directly, ie. No prior Windows 10 installation.

55 minutes ago, zemez said:

Yes, i have two PC:s with Enterprise version, and one with pro. With pro i can download insider hub from store.

All my PC's are on Windows 10 Enterprise.
My Test PC downloaded and installed the insider hub without any issues.

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I haven't tried downloading the hub, if it's downloaded via the Microsoft Store and there's an issue with that, a special download link could do it. Or if it's not working with Enterprise as zemez is saying.

Not sure what you're trying to say, but Asobo themselves made it clear via the Feedback Snapshot V1 that testing is not without issues, and if you don't have any it doesn't mean others do not. The build is about to be swapped soon, which means more issues could arise. In this instance I'm just trying to comfort those who have not been invited yet, and to done down expectations about this alpha build. Since you're under NDA, you really shouldn't comment on anything regarding the testing process.

No I didn’t comment for anything and should never. 

I'd like to be in the position of one who comforts, rather than in the position of one who is comforted. 😂

17 minutes ago, RamonB said:

<snip> by me.

Not always true. Windows 10 Enterprise can be installed directly, ie. No prior Windows 10 installation.

All my PC's are on Windows 10 Enterprise.
My Test PC downloaded and installed the insider hub without any issues.

Maybe something funny with our gpo. 

Same domain though. 

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

4 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Do they have 32gb or 16gb of ram? 

All three have 32GBs RAM.

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Have you contacted support about this? Other members in here did so regarding the simulator not showing up in the hub, and got rather quick responses. They might direct you to a special download link or something.

I cannot even get the MS Store to load. I keep winding up with a blank screen...

I don't know how to get to the support forum to report a problem. Win10 on my sim machine - not Enterpris - all Win Updates current.

I did however attempt to install the Xbox Insider Hub, but it kept reporting a "new version is available" and then simply stopped working. I had to use the "three-finger-salute" to close the stalled .exe file. <sigh>

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

53 minutes ago, n4gix said:

I cannot even get the MS Store to load. I keep winding up with a blank screen...

I don't know how to get to the support forum to report a problem. Win10 on my sim machine - not Enterpris - all Win Updates current.

I did however attempt to install the Xbox Insider Hub, but it kept reporting a "new version is available" and then simply stopped working. I had to use the "three-finger-salute" to close the stalled .exe file. <sigh>

That sounds bizarre. Have you tried reinstalling or repairing the Microsoft Store app? I believe the hub runs on a similar interface.

I think those who contacted support did it via e-mail, but I'm not completely sure. Hopefully one of them can chime in and point you to the correct support department.