Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

11 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Massive shout out to those who have gone out of their way to point out these videos have been leaked & they are a breach of the NDA and we should be reporting them...because without you I would have never stumbled upon them!

I mean if you really had the best intentions at heart you would have just reported the Gamertag to Microsoft with a screenshot or copy of the video without telling anyone else but that's just my thoughts on this.

You are so correct

I read these type of threads about MSFS2020 and laugh. It is not a finished product. Haven't watched the video mentioned either. My takeaway is virtually nothing has been learned from it. People need to realize it is not a finished product they are looking at. People just need to keep flying what they have for now and wait and see. Some people already think it will be the best flight simulator ever! I certainly take away no opinion about MSFS2020 from this thread or the many others. It looks good and that's about all we know.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FDEdev said:

1. I have no idea how can get to this conclusion without seing the actual control inputs. We don't even know what kind of joystick (if any at all)  this guy is using, let alone how much this behavior can be tuned within the FDE.  I can make such 'wobbly' FDEs with FSX/P3D as well.

2. And what's so bad about x-planes general turbulence model?

3. Didn't notice anything special here either.

The trouble is, we don't know if people who are posting have an agenda, or just a fan boi, or it might just be his/her honest opinion.

My own personal opinion is that I want MSFS to be truly next gen, if it isn't, so what, as I've still got P3D v4 and Xplane v11 which are fantastic simulators in their own right, and in the near future we should have P3D v5 and XP v12 which should have massive improvements again.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Yes, gone stupid!

But really interesting to see for me the first "raw" captures of this ALPHA . . and I'm still looking forward to this Sim!
Tough the hardware he used would have been interesting to know!

Looks to me, he was running it on a potato...... at low settings. And I'm a tester.

• Like 11

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

33 minutes ago, eaim said:

we don't know if people who are posting have an agenda, or just a fan boi

The agenda is supposed to be learning and sharing knowledge. 

The trick is keeping it that way without taking things personally.

36 minutes ago, eaim said:

I want MSFS to be truly next gen

unigine engine 2.10 announced release 7th feb.

Next gen is coming. The hardware and software required has actually been hiding behind 6 figures and more for a couple of years. 

AutoATC Developer

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Looks to me, he was running it on a potato...... at low settings. And I'm a tester.

Maybe you should do a comparison video? 😀 Jeah, just kidding.. Or am i. 

• Upvote 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

16 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Looks to me, he was running it on a potato...... at low settings.

Yep, he definitely does not have the graphics cranked up, most likely the vids showcase a medium graphics setting or some such on an average PC.  Which makes them even more impressive honestly.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Haha love it

54 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

It is only streamed at 720p. Nobody can judge his graphics attitude. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deleted said:

It is only streamed at 720p. Nobody can judge his graphics attitude. 

Sure you can. Even by simple things like graphics radius (how far out buildings trees appear) grass on or off on the ground, ground textures (awful) etc.

Potato.

Well...... Maybe a severely bruised Squash.....

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

11 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Sure you can. Even by simple things like graphics radius (how far out buildings trees appear) grass on or off on the ground, ground textures (awful) etc.

Potato.

Well...... Maybe a severely bruised Squash.....

Thank you for sharing your insight, and available graphics options within the sim. Lol. Shhhhhhh

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I just watched the two videos which are now unlocked but didn’t see his family videos. His name and titles of videos look Portuguese to me so I’d say he’s either Brazilian or Portuguese. He’s not very good at flying either. I was wondering if he was going to put the plane in the ground in the storm video and sure enough, he put it in the ground. 😂

That isn’t the original channel, someone reuploaded them.

12 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Thank you for sharing your insight, and available graphics options within the sim. Lol. Shhhhhhh

Eh.....

All those features have been showcased, and anyone who thinks this new sim has worse graphics radius and worse ground textures than we currently have after seeing all that....... Deserves a wedgie from lionel! 😝

Edited by HiFlyer

Devons rig

Another tester here. Definitely didn't have everything turned up to 12 (why they made the max setting 12 I have no idea).

On the wildlife/nature side I would judge the settings were:
Vertebrates - Burrowing mammals only
Flora - Kew Gardens setting but almost certainly with the pre-bloom option.
I didn't see any birds, maybe they were turned off completely?

Hard to tell on the graphics due to the relatively low res, but likely he has them set to XPlane V11 compatibility mode. I think he did opt for metallic paint on the model though.

Judging by the flying skills there is no way he took the breathalyzer so I'm not 100% sure it's real. I've not worked out how to turn that off yet.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, b737800 said:

Another tester here. Definitely didn't have everything turned up to 12 (why they made the max setting 12 I have no idea)

It's obvious. Spinal Tap's only goes to 11.

• Like 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2