Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How many of you are going to ditch P3D/X-Plane for MSFS2020?

Since I've installed the MSFS alpha, I've deleted DCS, Aerofly FS2, P3D and x-plane and I'm 100% sure that I'm not going to re-install any of these, despite the fact that I have a barely mediocre PC.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, captain420 said:

I have been simming for roughly over 7 years now using FSX, X-Plane, Prepar3D, DCS World and Aerofly FS. My main one was P3D then I switched to X-Plane 11. Ever since the news came out for MSFS2020 I became extremely excited and plan on deleting P3D and X-Plane all together to free up space on my HD for MS's upcoming FS. I'm curious if any of you guys will be doing the same? It would be nice to have a flight sim with much of the stuff built right into the core itself such as weather, airports, etc. This sounds like a dream come true. I have spent thousands of dollars during my time to buy so many add-ons for FSX, X-Plane and P3D and kind of regret wasting so much money. But I am happy to see with MSFS2020, it seems 3rd party add-ons will be on minimal. The only thing I would really invest on is probably 3rd party planes. 

I know some of you will say, why not keep P3D and X-Plane and enjoy them all. The problem with that is, I would end up spending too much money for add-ons for all those separate platforms. I rather have one sim that does it all, or at least come close to it.

Does it really matter????

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

David Porrett

27 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Since I've installed the MSFS alpha, I've deleted DCS, Aerofly FS2, P3D and x-plane and I'm 100% sure that I'm not going to re-install any of these, despite the fact that I have a barely mediocre PC.

Did you just break the NDA... I'll have your Alpha copy thanks 🙂

Matthew S

28 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Did you just break the NDA...

You have apparently no idea what an NDA is. 

Edited by FDEdev
  • Upvote 1

It's always silly when people reduce the new sim to just eye candy

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

10 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Especially when Asobo and Microsoft have made extensive efforts with detailed videos and articles to show as proof that the sim is developed to be more than just eye candy.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, W2DR said:

Not me. I'm more into procedures and flight dynamics than eye candy...........

You know, you should take a little time, go to the MS YT channel and watch this for instance. 

And this

Edited by domkle
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

49 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Since I'm mainly interested in the FDE & systems part of any flightsim, eye candy is just a byproduct for me. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FDEdev said:

You have apparently no idea what an NDA is. 

So alpha testers are allowed to disclose they are actually alpha testers? You should let the forum police know...

Matthew S

I wonder how long the MSFS honeymoon period will be. I suspect the nitpicking will start within a month and the full blown entitlement posts shortly after. Whilst I am excited for it, I won't be deleting my XP or P3D on release day. It's unlikely there will be any higher end, study sim aircraft available from day one and it may even be months if not years before we see them.

At the moment, we are being spoon feed the Microsoft Hype Syrup. Anyone who remembers the FSX hype will realise how sweet that can be, they will also remember the bitter aftertaste of release. Yes, I will almost certainly buy it, maybe I will ditch P3D or XP but not until I have had it in my hands for several months in order to make my own, sound judgement on the sim. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

17 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

So alpha testers are allowed to disclose they are actually alpha testers?

R U living under a rock?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

New Sim!!! That says it all! Been in flt sim from days of Com 64, most will not know, have not seen a new sim release work well out of the gate - have had most. At present, I use P3D with loads of add-ons that works very well with on-line flying with my group. Will I try MS2020, yes. LOL Will I expect all the pretty stuff they have been pumping out, no. Will it work with no tweaks, no. Will all my flight controls, panels, other hardware work with out tweaks, no.

Looking forward to a new challenge, bring it on MS2020. Hope you can beat P3D, but I remember when you dropped us flt simmers not long ago. And I remind myself, it's all about Money Baby!!!! Good flying!!!

• Upvote 2

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

Since I'm mainly interested in the FDE & systems part of any flightsim, eye candy is just a byproduct for me. 

There are many things in the new sim that could be considered eye candy but I consider nearly everything new and improved that they've implemented to be a fundamental improvement in simulation compared to current options. Finally there is a volumetric atmospheric simulation, not stupid 2D cloud sprites or set wind 'zones'. It's a fluid atmosphere at last. Finally there is an almost perfect depiction of the earth, accurate ground cover and building placement.

These make up some of the biggest visual improvements that Flight Simulator is offering and could easily be lumped into an 'eye candy' category whereas I genuinely feel that these are proper improvements to the core simulation aspects of a flight simulator.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

On my Apple computer that I use 90% of the time, no, because I can't install it on these and likely never will be able to. I have XP11 and AF2 running nicely on Mac OS.

On Windows I have installed the alpha, as well as P3D, XP, DCS, AF2, FSW and lots of other games. I have no sudden urge to delete all my other sims, and they can all co-exist together in peaceful harmony 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, tonywob said:

On Windows I have installed the alpha, as well as P3D, XP, DCS, AF2, FSW and lots of other games. I have no sudden urge to delete all my other sims, and they can all co-exist together in peaceful harmony 🙂

While I am thrilled by the new MSFS, I don't see a need to uninstall any of my present sims either.

A much more challenging question will be Prepar3d5. While I wouldn't regret the 200$ for the sim itself (I feel I qualify for the Professional version), I am not sure if I should invest some more kilo-$s into another round of updates for the addons I own (including the full ORBX product range) - in view that I will certainly equip the new MSFS with addons as they appear.

Maybe you can tell us about ORBX' plans in this respect, Tony.😁

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11