Sign in to follow this  
Purr

New P3D v5 trailer

With the default airports getting an overhaul do they now have dynamic lighting? Any more details regarding the default airports?

Thanks, Paul

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

On 4/8/2020 at 8:44 AM, simbol said:

ATC has now also 8.33Ghz frequency spacing.

Does anyone know what this means? 🤔 🙂

6 hours ago, ashepherd316 said:

i won't be buying it the ground textures still look awful the clouds look better but still nowhere near as good as ms2020

....you must know something that we don't .....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

For anyone (looking at you, @domkle) wanting to see some seaplane action with the new water engine (2:28 mins):

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

18 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Well, to be fair, what he wrote is true. FS2020 has better clouds, and P3D still has very ugly landclass scenery, from what we have seen.

As I have no intention of flying over default scenery and I can’t buy fs2020 right now, i’ll be purchasing p3d v5 on day 1.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

The night light of the scenery still looks very modest in V5 to put it nicely.
Too bad, you have to rely on other addons.

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

8 minutes ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:
The night light of the scenery still looks very modest in V5 to put it nicely.
Too bad, you have to rely on other addons.

There is already a huge topic on this one.....

But yes.....very poor and outdated...

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

19 hours ago, threegreen said:

For anyone (looking at you, @domkle) wanting to see some seaplane action with the new water engine (2:28 mins):

The clouds are a definite improvement. The water is disappointing; overly-rendered appearance overall with some very amateur float wakes. Everything else (plane / scenery / lighting) looks visually still like FSX with addons. 

Not seeing anything to challenge even XP here, let alone MSFS.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

On 4/7/2020 at 4:59 PM, simbol said:

The difference is, you have used V4.. 

I have used MSFS.. I still prefer V5. Can't say much due to NDAs with MS. So please wait until you can use MSFS so you can do a proper comparason. Visual is not everything in a simulator, there are many things that makes your flying experience "real" and simulation experience enjoyably.

S.

I haven't used MSFS but I have to think the maturity of P3D brings in a lot great content from 3rd party developers and it's rather decent these days in P3D 4.5.   I could easily just keep using P3D 4.5 and be happy for years and have $$$$$ tied up in it so nope, not going run out and buy MSFS when it arrives....UNLESS... LM desides to hit me with anothe $199 charge to it get to v65.0.  It that  happens I will continue using 4.5 until MSFS2020 reaches a high level of maturity including add-ons and then conside moving their then..

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

19 hours ago, threegreen said:

Awesome 👍 and thank you.  The new water enginge looks really spectaculary, even the surf is properly depicted - wonder how the performance will be.

Have never seen such a good water in an ESP simulator before; and miles ahead vs X-Plane.

Best regards,

Konrad