Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Vertx DA-62 In P3d V5

I have had it running with xml tools add in . Works well but the vram was too high for my 8 gig card using vr.

Probably be fine in 1080p , have yet to reload and try on a 1080 TI.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Using the xmltools as above, I am not able to start the da62 in the new P3dV5 HF2 released today.

Dave

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Disregard the above post. I discovered a strange effect on my file structure after loading HF2 for P3DV5.

It seems that my P3dV5 root got moved from a location on a a separate disk over to my  C drive. I am still trying to figure this out, but by moving the XMLTools file to the new 'root' I was able to activate the Vertx DA62.

• Like 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

I'm trying to get this aircraft to work in P3D v5 HF2 but not having much luck.  I dropped the xmltools64.dll into the P5D root folder.  I edited the dll.xml file to include that .dll file.  But when I run the DA62 installer it gets all the way to the end, then a small pop-up says "configuration error" or something like that and the installer just hangs.  The aircraft appears to be extracted into the correct folder but it does not appear in P5D.  I do NOT have P3Dv4 installed as I don't have the drive space for both simulators and I'm not going back to v4 just for this plane.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by gollum65

Gonna bring some fun to this thread.

If you get it working - that is great.  I am not wasting time on this with P3Dv5HF2 at all.

Accepting that this is completely dead project for now.  Helps me digest the money that I lost on it.  Oh well, I did have absolute fun when it is released.  Right now I am enjoying Aerobask's DA62 in Xplane 11.50B13(Vulkan) and its in VR.

f6c.jpg

• Like 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

This is just too good of an aircraft to let it go into mothballs.  I followed pemigris'  instructions on pg 2, (mostly) and believe I have a simpler solution (if you have P3Dv4) on getting it installed into P3Dv5.  (You should already have it installed in P3Dv4)  It works great, but one concern is the instrument panel (in v5) is a bit blurry, (mip or nomip selected).  I haven't tested it, but even if you don't have P3Dv4, there might be a way to get it to work for you also, (see below).

THANK YOU Pemigris for the instructions on pg 2!  I had everything except for the entry in the dll.xml file.

Instead of copying the Vertx DA62 folder from v4 into v5, I simply created Vertx DA62 folder in the P3Dv5 Add-Ons and then created a "add-on.xml" file that simply pointed to the existing DA62 folder in P3Dv4 Add-Ons.  This way, I can make changes to the DA62 using the config program and it will carry over into P3Dv5.  Also, your not eating up disk space duplicating the aircraft twice.

my "add-on.xml" file looks like:  (of course, substitute my name for yours...)

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Vertx DA62</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Vertx DA62</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>D:\Terry\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>D:\Terry\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Effects</Category>
        <Path>Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>D:\Terry\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Fonts</Category>
        <Path>Fonts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>D:\Terry\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Vertx DA62\Scripts</Category>
        <Path>Scripts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

In experimenting, I was able to "install" the aircraft into any folder of my choice.  For those without v4, First create a blank Prepar3D v4 folder.  Thensimply run the install program and choose that folder to install to.    Then follow Pemigris's instructions on pg 2 of this thread.  MAKE SURE YOU EDIT THE "add-on.xml" FILE APPROPRIATELY!

Edited by TBryson2
  • Like 2

How do you get the Config App to install.

regards bob

Edited by onebob

It automatically installed when the aircraft is installed using the installer.  It's located in the Vertx DA62\Vertx\DA62-P3D4 folder and called "Config App.exe"

TB2

Does anyone have steps to make it work in P3D v5 without having P3Dv4 also installed?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

18 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

Does anyone have steps to make it work in P3D v5 without having P3Dv4 also installed?

See TBryson2's post above:

" For those without v4, First create a blank Prepar3D v4 folder.  Thensimply run the install program and choose that folder to install to.    Then follow Pemigris's instructions on pg 2 of this thread.  MAKE SURE YOU EDIT THE "add-on.xml" FILE APPROPRIATELY!"

• Like 1

Paul Hand

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

See TBryson2's post above:

" For those without v4, First create a blank Prepar3D v4 folder.  Thensimply run the install program and choose that folder to install to.    Then follow Pemigris's instructions on pg 2 of this thread.  MAKE SURE YOU EDIT THE "add-on.xml" FILE APPROPRIATELY!"

Thank you ! I  just did it actually! I did the registry trick to add a dummy Prepar3D v4 installation path targeting my Prepar3D v5 installation then changed the installation path in the Vertex installer and then edited the dll.xml as in the referred post in page 2. It works fine now! Only visually the VC black material is too black and the exterior maybe darker than intended, but certainly not any dramatic problem. 

• Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

On 4/16/2020 at 1:28 PM, pemigris said:

to install the plane if both sims are installed:

Copy "Vertx DA62" folder from C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files
to C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files

copy XMLTools64.dll from p3d v4 root folder to p3d v5 root folder

add 

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

to dll.xml in p3d v5 program data directory. If there is no one, create one with this content:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
        <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Got this to work on P3Dv5.  Works in VR with a HTC Vive Pro headset.

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

On a side note, I also tried emailing Sean and got crickets. I needed to redownload my purchase from the vertx website and get as far as the link in my account, but nothing happens when I click on it. I can't find my original download on my computer. It seems to have been scrubbed. I usually make 2 or 3 backups of all my payware as I buy, and store them in separate drives "just in case". They have all disappeared. Very strange. 

1 hour ago, CXDriver227 said:

On a side note, I also tried emailing Sean and got crickets. I needed to redownload my purchase from the vertx website and get as far as the link in my account, but nothing happens when I click on it. I can't find my original download on my computer. It seems to have been scrubbed. I usually make 2 or 3 backups of all my payware as I buy, and store them in separate drives "just in case". They have all disappeared. Very strange. 

A windows 10 update eat them?

I have a rotational backup system via a hardrive dock and 3 x hardrives.

A NAS unit is the main store with the dock attached where the NAS is backed up to the current harddrive in the dock and about once every month or so or when I have happened to update the NAS store a fair amount I swap out the drive in the dock.

Thus a rotaional set of backups that cover for loss of NAS, or if some org has issued updates that happen to be less than stella, I'm able to rollback using the backups from the dock drives.

And I've confirmed your no download senario from the vertxsim.com website, looks like the site is on its last legs, its certificate expires in January next year (although it could auto renew). I'd guess Sean has passed to the next plain of existance given the circumstances of all going swimmingly, then talk of an illness, then absolutly nothing and now the website autopilot is beginning to fail by the looks.

Such a shame.

Cheers R

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D