Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

42 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Anyone know if you can install this on more than one computer, like all of the other versions of MSFS? I wouldn't mind having on both of my computers.

Cheers, Pete

I believe not from what I read and interpreted on their website. 

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I believe not from what I read and interpreted on their website. 

Well that stinks. Thanks though, I couldn’t seem to find any confirmation.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

This is funny lol

• Like 8

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

My laptop is above minimum spec, except for the GPU. Looks like I'll pay a month or two of Xbox Game Pass just to see how does it fare in my rig... and if the 787-10 justifies paying double for the sim (I don´t care about detailed airports, I need those FPS back). I´mean, it's been less than a year since I made FSX my main sim!!!

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

4 minutes ago, Krakin said:

This is funny lol

I live in Dallas and was kind of shocked and disappointed that DFW was not listed. I believe it’s been one of the enhanced airports going back to FS9. I didn’t expect KDAL or any of the Houston airports to be included, but DFW, that’s a pretty major hub in the US. 

Hopefully a 3rd party will be able to take care of it soon.

Funny to see an actual airport chime in on MSFS.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Does this mean that the finished product is complete if it has already been pressed onto CDs?

You should plan on floppy disks, software updates will be delivered on floppy disks via mail.

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

@TuFun

Thanks for the announcement. I’m pining 🌲🌲 it for you. 

B9449B10-AF04-428F-A653-81CF0E470D39.gif

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

45 minutes ago, micstatic said:

hope you are right.  But this video shows snow.  Not snowing.  

I also stated the sim has RW weather by default, and I cannot believe a 2020 simulator would not show SNOW when you are flying in conditions reporting SNOW 😉

WAT1460.png

3 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

I also stated the sim has RW weather by default, and I cannot believe a 2020 simulator would not show SNOW when you are flying in conditions reporting SNOW 😉

I want you to be correct.  Microsoft has shown us a lot about this sim already.  I just scratch my head why they have not shown any flying activity in snow conditions.  if they don't get it done in the next few months that means everybody could go the winter without snow in MSFS.  Probably not something they or us want to see

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

10 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

That's my birthday.... 😄

It's my Christmas....

• Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Hello all,

Quick question for anyone interested.

Has anyone any idea what normal airport standard is going to be like.

I generally only fly in Australia which has been blessed with one airport (YSSY) and I cannot really see me spending AUD173 for the Premium Deluxe (still cheaper than P3D pro version) to do circuits and bumps around Sydney. I suspect that is exactly what I will do though and I will have to fight "she who must be obeyed" aka the Chancellor of the Exchequer prior to that.  (I may just give her a call now and start this rigorous process LOL)  I realize/expect that the general scenery between airports will be good, but any information about how a standard airport (like Townsville in Queensland)  will look and function would be appreciated

Yes, I know ORBX will eventually get my money (again) if or when they re-engineer their Australian content for MSFS.

Other than the select few Alpha testers, I guess all of us are in the same boat.  Would information of this nature (screenies or video) break NDA???

Regards and YEEEEHAAAA

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

7 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I want you to be correct.  Microsoft has shown us a lot about this sim already.  I just scratch my head why they have not shown any flying activity in snow conditions.  if they don't get it done in the next few months that means everybody could go the winter without snow in MSFS.  Probably not something they or us want to see

Spend a few minutes here from October of last year - I think you will be satisfied that you will see it snowing  

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

5 hours ago, n4gix said:

The "advantage" is that when pre-ordering you get the launch software installed immediately, so when the release is made just after midnight on Aug 17th you will need only launch the pre-installed "Launcher..." 😄

Hmmm... but according to your previous post you also lost access to the alpha version.  Still consider it to be an advantage when you could have waited until say Aug 15th to get the launcher?

Well, now, I'm started to think about which one of my simulators will be dumped out from both of my systems. Looking at my signature, which one would you choose?.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Those bridges to the lower left at 0:56 in the trailer..........are they solid underneath, or is that just some kind of odd visual effect?

Interesting. When browsing bing maps 3d I noticed that canopies, like ones at gas stations, were solid underneath also. Like they were assumed to be buildings and filled in. 

• Upvote 1