Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

As a console gamer as well as PC user I'm interested to see how that side works for MSFS - not that I'll be purchasing it for my console, I'll stick to Farm Sim, World of Tanks and Battlefield for console "simulations". :tongue:

Pre-ordering should work great... for digital downloads... not great for physical copies (I know MSFS isn't physical..). I pre-ordered Snow Runner for my XBOX to get it on release date. Thanks to COVID I had to convert that collect-in-store-order to a mail order. Some numpty sent me a PS4 copy. I duly returned that only to be told no XBOX copies in stock :blink: (surely "my" copy would have been sitting in the warehouse? Thanks for nothing, GAME!!). One refund later... oh well... :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

21 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Oh yeah, that just completely changes the situation then!

I'm glad, that you agree 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Everything looks great, my only gripe is I wish the 787-10 was a 787-9, only because the 787-10 has 9 operators and the 787-9 has a lot more. Other then that all good, bring on the third party I will be happy when we get the PMDG NGX and 777

Also quite happy to see Snow in Manhattan, seasons will be great as well

Having the 747-8 I would go for the b787-8 or -9 too. But probably someone will release them. 

• Upvote 1

But, what is the point of a pre-order? There is no benefit whatsoever. 

I still fail to understand why grown adults are so hyped they would throw their money on an over-hyped product instead of doing what we usually do - let the casuals eat the early bugs, wait for reviews and then make a purchasing decision based on impartial discussion and review, instead of hype-centric marketing tactics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

It seems that the adults are holding back, with the casuals jumping in, maybe it's like bragging rights for the kids? 

Also funny on another forum, discussing how big their drives are.. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

2 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

It seems that the adults are holding back, with the casuals jumping in, maybe it's like bragging rights for the kids? 

Also funny on another forum, discussing how big their drives are.. 

There's a psychological component to it as well. I mean, surely having that MSFS icon already sitting on your desktop means you just got so much closer to having the game, right?

19 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I pre-ordered and downloaded it. It was only a 23MB file.....

How did you manage that? I can't pre-order because the order form is insisting on a US address and zipcode, despite the fact that my MS account shows my residence as UK.

Nope. Not by adults. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

2 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Nope. Not by adults. 

Aren’t you the adult that’s been obsessed about something as pointless as the name of the sim for the past 12 months and your lecturing people on maturity? Grow up mate.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

I seem to have large gaps in  my knowledge of this sim. and I can't see where the answers are.

I see people mentioning Streaming scenery.

Does that mean I will need to have an unlimited data Internet account?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Just now, IanHarrison said:

Does that mean I will need to have an unlimited data Internet account?

Only if you want streaming scenery. 😄 You can set the sim to not use streaming scenery if you prefer.  It's not as bad as you might think.

Hook

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Aren’t you the adult that’s been obsessed about something as pointless as the name of the sim for the past 12 months and your lecturing people on maturity? Grow up mate.

That's me, I'll be calling you something different in future.. Carts 2020 maybe, pointless.. Principle of calling things by their correct name.. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

13 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

That's me, I'll be calling you something different in future.. Carts 2020 maybe, pointless.. Principle of calling things by their correct name.. 

If you can’t see the difference of principle between calling a person by a different name on purpose to offend and people having various names for a piece of software then I’m pretty sure this conversation has run its course my friend.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

It seems that the adults are holding back,..

I've been adult years ago. I preordered.

Karl

• Like 3

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5