Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

The catch of course is it's almost certainly going to be 60 frames per second 4K at low to medium settings..........

Not really 😉

A few thoughts:

I wouldn't have expected a release this early.  I'm going to follow my usual practice of waiting for initial comments after release to purchase.

Don't upgrade your computer until you learn how MSFS runs on the one you've already got.  You might be surprised, and at least you'd know what needs to be upgraded to get the best results.

The last full beta I downloaded was 120 gig.  Running with max settings uses more bandwidth for streaming than I would have expected but not an outrageous amount.

Running in offline mode isn't all that bad.

Default airports will surprise you at how good they are.  Even tiny ones out in the deep bush.

It's still just a flight simulator.  Think back to all the flight sims you've ever used and make a list of what they all have in common.  Expect similar.

Most people are gonna love MSFS. 🙂 

Hook

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

10 hours ago, pmb said:

Here's a nice personal recollection by Aerosoft's Mathijs Kok on working with Asobo:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/154700-aerosoft-official-retail-partner-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/&tab=comments#comment-989186

Kind regards, Michael

Interesting hey ? A real professional who has produced tons of excellent addons. That puts in perpective a year of sour rants of a certain P3D tweak peddler.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Doug47 said:

Whats the point of pre-ordering? 

+1

Also remember via Microsoft Store you need to adress your future APP installation location in windows 10 prior to install (in case you want it on another drive)

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

8 hours ago, micstatic said:

hope you are right.  But this video shows snow.  Not snowing.  

And what is on 0:25??? 🙂

Edited by ludekbrno

16 hours ago, Wobbie said:

No such thing as FS2020 Officially fake news!!

Not according to one of the Asobo developers in the Feature Discovery Series Episode 8: IFR, turn on closed captioning and it near 30-40 seconds in the video. He states, "First, I'll begin by presenting the navigation data present in FS2020", he also calls it Microsoft Flight Simulator at the beginning of the video, so not Fake New from Asobo 🙂 Just about everyone is going to shorten the name just like the did for Microsoft Flight Simulator X, or as we all call it FSX 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Quite correct, he was told to mention 2020, as Avsimmers were confused, and could not tell the difference between MSFS & FSX/FS2004/FS9 & other sims. Note the official names now being mentioned by Aerosoft- distributors of the boxed package, Asobo & obviously Microsoft. Maybe the correct shortened name should be MSFS? Or FS8 -the sim will be released in August? 

"Shrug!'

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Everything looks great, my only gripe is I wish the 787-10 was a 787-9, only because the 787-10 has 9 operators and the 787-9 has a lot more. Other then that all good, bring on the third party I will be happy when we get the PMDG NGX and 777

Also quite happy to see Snow in Manhattan, seasons will be great as well

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

19 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Quite correct, he was told to mention 2020, as Avsimmers were confused, and could not tell the difference between MSFS & FSX/FS2004/FS9 & other sims. Note the official names now being mentioned by Aerosoft- distributors of the boxed package, Asobo & obviously Microsoft. Maybe the correct shortened name should be MSFS? Or FS8 -the sim will be released in August? 

"Shrug!'

Glad you are taking it well, you call it as you like. Most people aren't gonna type out the long name on the internet. It's just natural for people to shorten everything  in the world. Coca Cola, is Coke, Pop, Soda, heck a company's main headquarters where I live was originally Federal Express and everyone referred to them as FedEx, so what did they do, changed the name on all the planes at least to FedEx, face it we are lazy including me 🙂 I have no clue if they are listed as Federal Express or FedEx.

Take care and enjoy FS202... ops I mean Microsoft Flight Simulator 🙂 Or whatever you want to call it, I don't care, just enjoy it 🙂 CDC, FBI, ATF, ABC, I watched a movie and all those were in it 🙂

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I think there are only about 3 airlines that operate the 747-8 other than cargo operators. Would have been nice to have an airliner in wider operation.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

4 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Whats the point of pre-ordering? 

Because I can

.....I've got the cash - the motivation - the anticipation - and Asobo advised me that I'll receive special attention in the form of speedier/greater bandwidth.........🤣 😉

• Upvote 2

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

18 hours ago, YoYo said:

Hmmmmmm: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ 

BUT WHAT ABOUT VR MODE ??? :wacko:

I dont see here any info. No VR here, no joy. 👎

Cheap shot, my dear Yoyo.  There is no surprise here. From the beginning, Wloch and Neuman have said that VR and seasons wouldn't be in at release. That they would work on them to make them right for a post-release.   

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Gosh this trend of 'pre-ordering' of software products needs to die a death, and fast!

Pre order used to be so that distributors knew how many to produce ahead of demand, it also used to be rare to ask for the money up front. 

Now of course its just used as a way to milk the cash cow before the product is even ready - get the naive to get their money in before they are able to be swayed by the potentially terrible reviews...

Everyone, use your head - do not pre order!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

2 minutes ago, severniae said:

Gosh this trend of 'pre-ordering' of software products needs to die a death, and fast!

Pre order used to be so that distributors knew how many to produce ahead of demand, it also used to be rare to ask for the money up front. 

Now of course its just used as a way to milk the cash cow before the product is even ready - get the naive to get their money in before they are able to be swayed by the potentially terrible reviews...

Everyone, use your head - do not pre order!

Where is the problem? Pre-order isn't the same as pre-paid 😉 If you read conditions thoroughly, you can see, that you will not charged immediatelly, but only 10 days before release date. Or are you thinking, that MS will charge your money and don't give MSFS to you? 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

you will not charged immediatelly, but only 10 days before release date.

Oh yeah, that just completely changes the situation then!

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Like 1