Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

After watching this..(EGPH-EGPN)

Probably being realistic on the sim's settings for his PC and not trying to run it in 4K. 

• Like 2

Semper Fi 

19 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Besides the fact that this is a great video i get the impression that his clips are a lot smoother than most of the others. What is his secret though? 😛

Watch his video from Greece. He talks about it there. Basically he switched capturing software from OBS to ShadowPlay.

The performance has always been smooth on his end, but his videos had stutters when he used OBS.

Edited by espent
  • Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Finally I can fly Matthias Rust's epic journey to the red square convincingly.

Hop into the C172 and then

EDDH-EDHE (get rid of the backbench)-EKVG-BIKF-ENBR-EFHF and then to St. Petersburg and follow the railroadtracks until you reach Moscow, circle the Red Square three times and then land on the big Moskwa bridge and come to a halt on the Red Square.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

How can it be it includes an outdated runway? I thought we were getting monthly AIRAC updates and e.g. in the Navigraph data there is indeed only one runway at EGPH.

Even if the airport scenery is not kept up-to-date, I would expect that all data needed for operation (runways (+runway designators), navaids, procedures) are updated with the monthly cycle!
If a runway is removed, just mark it as closed. If a runway is added, just auto-generate a generic runway in the scenery. Better have a broken scenery than a missing runway.

Edited by touchdown84
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

Generally speaking the scenery and weather is pretty good and is showcased well in this video, certainly an improvement on anything beforehand, but there's clearly room for improvement: Forth Bridge missing, massive BBC transmitter antenna looking like the obelisk from 2001: A Space Odyssey, incorrect airport details etc.

Clearly, reports of scenery developer's deaths have been greatly exaggerated. Nice to see someone who can actually make a decent landing approach too.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, mazelda said:

Sadly the runway he used for the take off from egph no longer exsists and has not been operational  getting on for 2 years. So this begs the question on how up to date some default airports might be

Any airport that isn’t handcrafted is most likely traced from the bing satellite imagery. So if the satellite imagery is outdated, so will the airport.

I'm more looking forward to VFR than flying the jets to be honest. Can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Lets have some VFR expirenced pilots out here giving us some nice flying tips/spots like you just did David 😀

I love watching the Icon A5 atm on youtube channels for some lake /water destinations

You can check this one out here:

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=a1d1bdd9-05ee-45b2-bb42-c932e106050a&cp=46.703291~13.367752&lvl=16&style=h&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

Lake in the alps. Close airfields / airports:

LOWK, LOKN, LOKL, LOKF

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

For years i have flown very little else than FSL A320 and PMDG NG and 748F but after watching this am happy to start putting all that aside to enjoy flights like this.

Its breathtaking. The lighting, the weather, the views the atmosphere its all another world.........and the rain fronts.......The best video I've watched.

Its could take a long time to just enjoy the UK.

I'm thinking of using a default GA for a coupe of months of exploring. Think it will be many months until we see something like PMDG and probably close to a year before FSL. Heck, those on P3D V5 still don't have the A319 from FSL!!!

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 1

Eric 

3 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Besides the fact that this is a great video i get the impression that his clips are a lot smoother than most of the others. What is his secret though? 😛

Switching from OBS to Shadowplay.

3 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

With this res and the right GPU you will get super fluid stuff 😁

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Clearly, reports of scenery developer's deaths have been greatly exaggerated. Nice to see someone who can actually make a decent landing approach too.

Keep in mind the machine learning approach to this. The Blackshark.ai video explicitly talked about refining the AI algorithm, distributing it world wide within 30 minutes and then taking 72 hours to reprocess the entire globe. I expect there would then be some semiautomated clean-up after that. Then MS have said world updates will happen every few months. So if they see people commenting on 2D stadiums, as in Squirrel's video for instance, they get some training examples, the AI learns from them, they set up some rules to build believable 3D versions, and then process the whole planet. Considering the number of videos where people have landed at race tracks, I can see those also being addressed. Clearly bridges and towers need to be addressed as well. I expect over the next 12 months they'll steadily work their way through the more egregious errors until they reach a point of diminishing returns.

I'm wondering if they can extend the AI approach to the photogrametary data. Rather than pump the PG images into the sim, they could potentially use an AI to scan as many sides of each PG object and try to clean up the image and then use that to guide procedural rendering. It would "simpoly" be an extension of the tech they are already using to interpret roof-top structures.

All of the above is not to say there won't be room for 3PD however. They seem much better suited to the small details of airfield clutter, signage, etc.

• Like 1

In FSX and P3D I spent very little time in a GA aircraft. I spent the majority of my simulator time in an airliner. I even had the Majestic Q400 which I spent very little time flying compared to my A320, 737, 747, 777.... you get the point.

After watching several videos of the new simulator, I honestly can't wait to jump into one of the default GA aircraft and explore some new and exciting part of the world. I also can't wait to get into the virtual skies of the new sim and explore some familiar areas. Yes, I want to go look for my house.

I am from the Caribbean and would love to jump into the DA40NG or Cessna 172, then island hop from Trinidad & Tobago to Puerto Rico. See how well the Caribbean's default scenery is represented in the new sim. I even want to try the landing challenges, and the flight lessons. 

Thanks to the huge improvements to default scenery, VFR flights will be tons of fun even when my favorite add-on aircraft make their way into the new sim. Even 2 or 3 years from now, I am a lot more likely the "mix things up" in this sim than I did in my current sims. 

• Like 2

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

6 minutes ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

island hop from Trinidad & Tobago to Puerto Rico.

I did that in the other direction!  It was fantastic.  Lava flows on Montserrat (which I knew about but weren't depicted in P3D) for example.  I was disappointed that there was no building on top of the "Kingdom of Redonda" but it doesn't appear to be there in real life any more either.

You're gonna love it.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

37 minutes ago, Bottle said:

I'm wondering if they can extend the AI approach to the photogrametary data. 

Maybe. Of course you might possibly need sideways-looking data to have a decent stab at replicating something like the Forth Bridge, but then again, if one could implement numerical data to help things along, this might still be automated, i.e. materials, colour, number of spans, length of spans, height above water, height of spans, width etc.

1920px-Scotland-2016-Aerial-Edinburgh-Fo

Interesting Forth Bridge facts: Until the end of WW1, the bridge had been the longest single cantilever span in the world, but is now in second place for that accolade since the Quebec Bridge over the St Lawrence River was completed in 1919.

The first aerial raid by the Luftwaffe on Britain in WW2 took place over the bridge in 1939, although the bridge itself was not the target, it was the ships in the nearby naval base at Rosyth the Lufwaffe were after, in the hopes of sinking HMS Hood. But she wasn't there at the time, however there were several other ships docked and some of these were quite badly damaged. 603 Squadron (City of Edinburgh) Supermarine Spitfires (one of which I have some parts from which were recovered from its wreck when it was later downed in the Battle of Britain) intercepted this raid and these managed to shoot down three of the Luftwaffe raiders (Ju-88s and He-111s), one of these being the first Luftwaffe aircraft downed over Britain in WW2.

In Britain, 'it'd be like painting the Forth Bridge' is a common colloquialism for a never-ending task, since painting the bridge was supposed by many to require a constant neve-rending effort, however, that's not really true, it was in fact just occasionally touched up wherever needed, by a permanent maintenance crew. But that task is no longer needed so frequently as the modern paint applied to the bridge is good for over 20 years of wear.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here