Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

Overall, it was surprisingly smooth for me.

Got up in the morning, started Steam at the time it unlocked, installed the launcher in Steam, started the launcher, started the content download, and went to work. When I came home from work in the evening, everything was done and worked almost flawlessly. I only had to restart once to make the sim download my premium content.

Apart from that, no problems really.

20 minutes ago, n4gix said:

When I downloaded the smaller pre-install launcher, it offered me a choice of drive... 

...however I chose C because that's where I wanted it to go, but I could have chosen D or any other drives I might have had.

How did you download the pre-install launcher?  I ask because I only see download options for the Digital Certificate and Premium downloads.  I pre-purchased the Premium version but right now I'm lost - can't seem to get anything to work.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, n4gix said:

When I downloaded the smaller pre-install launcher, it offered me a choice of drive... 

...however I chose C because that's where I wanted it to go, but I could have chosen D or any other drives I might have had.

I attached two screens. I am not able to select another drive than C.

https://imgur.com/a/vSPVGZ8

20 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

I've been trying for 3 hours now to get it to download without any luck. Crashes after coming up with the "press any key". You wouldn't believe how many possible fixes I've tried so far, lol. Still no joy.

Same here. Tried everything. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Camsdad13 said:

Same here. Tried everything. 

23 hours later, still no luck. Microsoft acknowledged a disc error but said nothing about this, even though the official forums and reddit are filled with reports. Finally got a reply to my ticket on Zendesk.. was a normal "template" response telling me to update Windows etc.

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

Here's what I'm looking at on the MS store page.

Under Manage I have:

MS Flight Simulator Premium Delux and an "install" button

Under Bundle Contents I have:

MS Flight Simulator and an "install" button

FS Premium deluxe upgrade and an "!" mark which says "Upgrade does not work on this device"

FS deluxe upgrade and an "!" mark which says "Upgrade does not work on this device"

Digital ownership and  an "install" button

I don't even know where to start lol. What a mess.

21 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

1. run Windows Update
2. make sure their are no pending Windows 10 Updates

I had this problem 🤬

I needed to update Windows 10 to version 2004 (i.e. the latest update). 👈👈👈

After that update everything was fine, and FS2020 didn't hang on the "Press any key to start" prompt 🎉 @aktorsyl @FlyingInACessna

Then took about 8 hours to download the 150+ GB of content.

Btw the Windows event viewer was showing FS2020 was faulting on a particular system DLL (can't remember what one it was) but I guess the 2004 update brought that DLL up to date and fixed this issue.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

ANYONE WITH A SLOW DOWNLOAD:

Open Command Prompt as an administrator, and type the following command in (per Zendesk help forums):

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Afterward, pause your download, close the installer, and restart your PC. Restart the installer and it should resume from where it was.

My download rate went from a slow 5-10 MB/s in task manager all the way to the mid 80s.

17 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I had this problem 🤬

I needed to update Windows 10 to version 2004 (i.e. the latest update). 👈👈👈

After that update everything was fine, and FS2020 didn't hang on the "Press any key to start" prompt 🎉 @aktorsyl @FlyingInACessna

Then took about 8 hours to download the 150+ GB of content.

Btw the Windows event viewer was showing FS2020 was faulting on a particular system DLL (can't remember what one it was) but I guess the 2004 update brought that DLL up to date and fixed this issue.

Read that was an issue too. I spent the hour from 8:30pm to 9:30pm (9:00 was the release time) downloading Windows 10 2004 so I was late to the download game. And then my download speed proceeded to die until an hour ago when I found the fix I just wrote about above. Glad to hear you've fixed your issue.

My sim also hung on the blue bar, and it was because I needed to update the Xbox Game Bar....

No issues. I'm flying and learning. Recognized my TM Warthog Hotas/throttle right off. Also recognized my two TM Cougar MFD button sets. Squirrel youtube series big help.

Edited by Radial9
  • Like 1

I have not updated to W 10 2004 and everything is running great.

The update has some problems that need fixing before I install it, but I will not do so until I know for sure. I did update to the latest NVIDIA driver.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I'm on the sidelines after an unrelated system failure last week.  Slowly getting a new system built. Like waiting for my plane back after issues with an annual.  Some will appreciate that.

The problem I anticipate is just logging into the site to start the download.  I have multiple Microsoft support accounts that have accumulated with changes in ISP's and email addresses.  To log in I first have to log in elsewhere.  Go the the MS Store site (or happens with the MSFS site and xBox as well).  Login. Then logout, then try the store again.  It seems like playing Russian Roulette.  Spin the dial, pull trigger, see it it goes off (allows login).  

Microsoft appears to have no provision in their system to clean out that previous account clutter.  Very frustrating.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Overall, it was surprisingly smooth for me.

Got up in the morning, started Steam at the time it unlocked, installed the launcher in Steam, started the launcher, started the content download, and went to work. When I came home from work in the evening, everything was done and worked almost flawlessly. I only had to restart once to make the sim download my premium content.

Apart from that, no problems really.

You and I were in the same thread last night, it was great having a support group.  Like you same issues, a couple of hangs during the install in the beginning, but it took off like a rocket. My total install time was about 1:30 and then a download this morning to get my deluxe premium Content.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Yes. Downloaded it last night, installed fine. Booted fine. Haven't gotten home from work to really fly around yet though.

4 hours ago, AviationFan80 said:

Hi,

I´ve the same problem, tried it multiple times first big package "asobo-flight-tutorials-basicintruments-0.1.22.fspackag" it permanently reloads, somehow it goes trough but it get stucked then by the next big file i tried full reinstall 3times today no success, all other downloads and connections are working fine, does anybody have a clue what to do? 

I too observed same thing. But I left it to do its job. It took 7 hours for complete download of 95.15gb on a 150 maps internet connection. After installation the game started and it recognized my all three Thrustmaster controls but couldn't set any buttons. Only throttle was working,  keyboard functions didn't work.  I tried to choose my choice of airport but it limited to only 42 airports listed, all actions through mouse. I restarted the game after a crash now blue bar reaches 80% and nothing happens thereafter even waited for an hour.  This is my present situation.