Sign in to follow this  
EagleSkinner

A personal point of view

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Can moderators please close these kind of topics? Is getting very tiring reading these rantings instead of sharing tips and asking questions.

Whilst I might not agree with some of the views in this and similar threads, I do value their opinion as much as any other. It certainly isn't tiring for me to take in a different viewpoint.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Can moderators please close these kind of topics? Is getting very tiring reading these rantings instead of sharing tips and asking questions.

Than stop reading them? 

• Like 2

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

MSFS is indeed a very different beast compared to every other flight sim. Something's are brilliant, somethings are odd, somethings are buggy, somethings are in contention but it is the only civilian flight sim that has excited me since FSX came out. X-Plane never did it for me and P3D was never on Steam so I completely missed its existence.

Other than the visuals, the feeling of you cutting through the air is something that I have never experienced in any other sim before. Especially true in bad and windy weather. Even DCS doesn't do turbulence well.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Sorry folks I didn't mean to be outrages or anything, just the amount of negativity circulating around sometimes unbearable plus some of these threads tend to end up into battleground.

Anyways, my apologizes again.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Personally I find the OP’s comments, and other similar topics, useful; who cares if it could have been added as a new comment to an existing thread instead of started as a new topic? It takes, literally, less than a second to move on from it if it doesn’t interest you. And, as an aside, the same thing happens with people praising MSFS - new topics started that are a variation on a pro MSFS theme. I am considering both in deciding whether I want to purchase it at this time, or continue to invest in my existing sim. 

• Like 2

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Going OT a little, I detest the 'I don't agree with you, so I want to shut down the debate' attitude that has become so widely prevalent.

So long as you aren't trying to convince people that the Earth is flat, water isn't wet or making harmful comments based on someone's immutable characteristics such as ethnicity or sex, then you should be able to express your opinions without another person claiming the high ground and ending any discussion.

Remember: "Well, opinions are like a..holes. Everybody has one." - Inspector Callahan (Dirty Harry)

@EagleSkinner Here's hoping that someone from the Asobo development team reads your comments, sees a trend, and works towards rectifying some of the issues you've raised in time for the first update.
(Just my opinion, do whatever you want with it!)

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

46 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Sorry folks I didn't mean to be outrages or anything, just the amount of negativity circulating around sometimes unbearable plus some of these threads tend to end up into battleground.

Anyways, my apologizes again.

You know what, everybody has once in a while a bad moment and gets irritated. Thats life. 

I guess the immediate  hostile reaction you had came from people (including me) fed up with the intolerance culture which permeates the social networks these days. What you call negativity is for others reasonable and legitimate criticism. 

I didn't care much for the OP's post myself. But imagine a forum where all the posts would only reflect one's opinions. How boring 😁 !   

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I respect your opinion, but I honestly have no idea how to go back to P3D after flying this sim. Sure, I'm waiting on PMDG but the GA aircraft are more than enough to keep me occupied.

• Like 1

Speaking personally, I see MFS as a purely VFR simulator. If I'm flying 6 miles up at Mach 0.8 I'm not going to see all the detail I would flying a Cessna at 1500ft. Coastlines, rivers, mountain ranges and cities will be visible to an acceptable level in P3D with FS Global and UTX Europe / North America loaded.

Yes, in areas where there are no UTX addons I will see more than P3D can offer but when you're flying at that altitude you're not admiring the view of the Earth. Weather and other aircraft will be the driving forces and those are excellent in P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I really do not understand this "I go back to FSX/XP" thing. Do the EULAs require monogamy? Are your SSDs so small?

I always would use FS2020 for sightseeing and bush flying with the Savage Cub or Cessna 152 and then do some "Commercial Flight" from Frankfurt to NYC with FSX.

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Speaking personally, I see MFS as a purely VFR simulator. If I'm flying 6 miles up at Mach 0.8 I'm not going to see all the detail I would flying a Cessna at 1500ft. Coastlines, rivers, mountain ranges and cities will be visible to an acceptable level in P3D with FS Global and UTX Europe / North America loaded.

Yes, in areas where there are no UTX addons I will see more than P3D can offer but when you're flying at that altitude you're not admiring the view of the Earth. Weather and other aircraft will be the driving forces and those are excellent in P3D.

Exactly. 
For VFR flying there is a very nice base. Surely people like to have more POIs like churches, bridges and other well known objects. We cannot expect Asobo to do all that for the whole world. So Addon developers have their change.

When talking about jet flying you will be busy a lot in the cockpit and, as Ray stated, you won’t be looking a lot outside.

I have not bought MSFS yet as I am waiting for compatibility with several cockpit programs.

In the meantime I am flying in P3Dv5 with TrueSky over PR terrain + custom AG only and modified shaders. It doesn’t look as good as MSFS but the difference is little and I can fly a jet without stutters or issues.

P3Dv4.5 :

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

17 minutes ago, crimplene said:

I really do not understand this "I go back to FSX/XP" thing.

I might want to fly a Grumman Goose.  Or a DC-3.  Or a Beaver.  Or a Stearman.

There is a distinct shortage of these kinds of aircraft in MSFS.

(Hm, I just realized all those have radial engines. 😄 )

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

Surely people like to have more POIs like churches, bridges and other well known objects. We cannot expect Asobo to do all that for the whole world.

Oh, I dunno... FSX seemed to do a pretty good job of it. 😄 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

By the time some quality payware aircraft developers introduce their products, I suppose MSFS will have received enough bug fixes to be relatively stable and mature to progress to IFR flying. Until then, VFR flying should suffice.

1 minute ago, FAZZ3 said:

By the time some quality payware aircraft developers introduce their products, I suppose MSFS will have received enough bug fixes to be relatively stable and mature to progress to IFR flying. Until then, VFR flying should suffice.

Assuming of course you have a fast enough internet connection. No such problems for P3D apart from the initial download of the installer.

And there is the impact of 3rd party aircraft on performance. Will performance at 4K being acceptable as it is in P3D v4.5?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather