Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Explosion of MSFS content on YouTube!

So many videos!

This guy did a 8hr live stream, London to NY flight. Got hundreds of dollars as donation during the stream. Just WOW!

MSFS is truly a revolution!!

• Like 1

To be fair CptCanada has been streaming flight simulator long hauls for years.. 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Apparently I have the attention span of a gnat, and am unable to survive live-streams without becoming homicidal......

Good on those who can watch these things.

In the meantime... Yeah, I have been keeping track of the explosion of videos and wondering just how long that level of interest can last.

WkJwXM.jpg

• Like 8

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Is this ORBX scenery?Atmosphere and weather looks fantastic.

Edited by Ricardo41

3 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Apparently I have the attention span of a gnat, and am unable to survive live-streams without becoming homicidal......

Good on those who can watch these things.

In the meantime... Yeah, I have been keeping track of the explosion of videos and wondering just how long that level of interest can last.

YouTube monetization is a huge source of income and people will empty their wallet for it more of it, ESPECIALLY the live streams which enables SuperChat donations..

One of the most amazing live streaming things is when someone simulcasts a live event of something else from another channel. For instance, EveryDay Astronaunt simulcasted the SpaceX launch today on his channel with an inset of them on cam in the corner commentating on it and interacting with the chat and he was getting donation after donation after donation after donation to basically just do running commentary on live a rocket launch from another Youtube channel.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

27 minutes ago, styckx said:

To be fair CptCanada has been streaming flight simulator long hauls for years.. 

Ha, did not know that. 

But aside, there are so many creators on MSFS now. Even few with no real flying experience, not that I have any, but still giving tutorials on IFR/ILS, getting somethings comically wrong, lol!

6 minutes ago, styckx said:

YouTube monetization is a huge source of income and people will empty their wallet for it more of it, ESPECIALLY the live streams which enables SuperChat donations..

One of the most amazing live streaming things is when someone simulcasts a live event of something else from another channel. For instance, EveryDay Astronaunt simulcasted the SpaceX launch today on his channel with an inset of them on cam in the corner commentating on it and interacting with the chat and he was getting donation after donation after donation after donation to basically just do running commentary on live a rocket launch from another Youtube channel.. 

Surprisingly CptCanada has only 60k odd subscribers. 

Amazing, isn't it. A daft video cropped up on my feed of 2 people playing multiplayer in Pitts facing off against a 747 coming down the runway at them. 600,000 VIEWS!

Maybe will make the simmers spit their horlicks out, but people are having a lot of fun with this title.

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

33 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Amazing, isn't it. A daft video cropped up on my feed of 2 people playing multiplayer in Pitts facing off against a 747 coming down the runway at them. 600,000 VIEWS!

Airforceproud95 has a huge following. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I get a kick out of him.

41 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Maybe will make the simmers spit their horlicks out, but people are having a lot of fun with this title.

I wanted so much to share that video.....

But he curses, and videos with cursing tend very much to get deleted, here.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

In monetary terms it can only be good for MSFS having lots more focus and interest on the sim, bringing in new users. 

Personally livestreaming isn't at all for me, never usually last more than 2 mins before losing interest. I find it mad how much money people will throw at what I usually find is hugely irritating and uninteresting people though. (Not talking about the above video btw)

Edited by AllRed
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, AllRed said:

Personally livestreaming isn't at all for me, never usually last more than 2 mins before losing interest.

It still beats watching commercial TV. 🙂

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Im quite entertained by numerous streamers some of whom are very good and entertaining.

I must say participating in the alpha, the beta then seeing what was released and how some have literally been a propaganda news arm for microsoft i wont watch quite a few again.

Guys who traditionally put very level headed view points together many times with valid criticisms of addons etc turned into one eyed advertising hounds ignoring huge deficincies, massive problems all of which still exist and almost all where spotted in development.

These guys ignored all sprooking how amazing the entire experience is.

Well after 9 months of that experience it aint that great anymore littered with terrible optimization, autopilot functionality, aircraft that are barely usable, the interface which they received post after post about in dev but ignored. You know we all want tiny clickspots with a moving eyepoint that you cannot turn off that causes your mouse to move the moment you rotate the heading bug causing it to leave the clickspot area. Rinse and repeat.

Having sold off any reputation they had and their integrity as well doing free adverts for MS in a scramble to see who can suck up the most its got pretty embarrassing for them.

Ignoring massive faults, glossing over huge issues and flying in circles i can only say a few have spoken about "issues".

Most youtube is just unpaid advertising and really so is most Twitch at the moment.

Not unsurprisingly most of the big streamers are already back in P3D in the FSLabs and Pmdg fleets..

• Like 1

Darren Howie

I cant wait for AFProud to get going on this new sim, I find him and his minions hilarious. However if Im not mistaken  I dont think MSFS can match the ATC of FSX multiplayer...yet

Can you sit in a tower like in FSX and watch a radar display? I dont have the sim yet so Im just curious! 

i watch vidstreams of games i dont have to get an idea.

after i have the game , i never watch again, more fun to play myself.

• Like 1